Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    148
    i think he means lvl90

  2. #142
    Yes I do mean at level 90
    Main: Monk

    Alt: Pally

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by martini View Post
    Yes I do mean at level 90
    Both the T14 normal clean version and the T14 heroic BiS version of Simcraft use Sacrifice instead of Supremacy. The usual caveat holds true that it's a Patchwerk fight though.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  4. #144
    the difference between supremacy and sacrifice isnt a lot i say go with what you prefer having a pet that dies on an encounter would mean a dps loss where sacrifice doesnt have that problem

  5. #145
    haha, it's helpful.

  6. #146
    So i probably missed this in the posts in this thread or idk...but why exactly is the observer better than the imp? i must be missing something because it didn't and still doesn't make any sense to me. : / any help would be greatly appreciated.. ty

  7. #147
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekrahn View Post
    So i probably missed this in the posts in this thread or idk...but why exactly is the observer better than the imp? i must be missing something because it didn't and still doesn't make any sense to me. : / any help would be greatly appreciated.. ty
    the each pet still scales slightly differently (unlike hunter pets which are completely homogenous dps wise and only vary based on their utlity)
    Imp/felimp just does a little bit less damage felhunter/oserver, however, on a fight that requires ranged attacks or target switching, the Imp is obviously the mechanically more appropriate pet.

    the difference is also really small.
    i use Fel Imp when i need Dispel and Obsever when i need Interrupt and Purge, because the utility difference are usually more imprtant to me than the dps difference.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-24 at 03:13 PM.

  8. #148
    ahhhh okay gotcha...that makes sense then...tyvm for ur help

  9. #149
    So I've heard and seen a lot of discussions about which Grimoire is actually the best.
    Some say Supremacy, some Sacrifice and some even say Service.

    Could anybody answer me this, please? I mean I've seen so many different answers I don't know what to do anymore.
    Currently I'm using the Grimoire of Service and the Felhunter as my main minion.
    Should I go Grimoire of Supremacy with the Observer? Also for PvE to maximise my DPS?

    Also, will Destro still be a viable spec for doing dungeons and raids at lvl 90? Or should I really start to consider changing to either Affliction or Demo?

    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Malarky; 2012-09-26 at 08:43 PM.

  10. #150
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Malarky View Post
    So I've heard and seen a lot of discussions about which Grimoire is actually the best.
    Some say Supremacy, some Sacrifice and some even say Service.

    Could anybody answer me this, please? I mean I've seen so many different answers I don't know what to do anymore.
    Currently I'm using the Grimoire of Service and the Felhunter as my main minion.
    Should I go Grimoire of Supremacy with the Observer? Also for PvE to maximise my DPS?

    Also, will Destro still be a viable spec for doing dungeons and raids at lvl 90? Or should I really start to consider changing to either Affliction or Demo?

    Thanks in advance!
    You don't seem to get how talents work now
    There is no best talent.
    There are only talents that sometimes work better than others under specific conditions.
    All three Grimoires have a purpose.

    If you are running dungeons, all specs are viable but have strengths and weaknesses. Instead of asking us what 'the best' is, just play all three and see for yourself which you perform well at. You can't have every answer given to you, play the game!
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-27 at 03:53 PM.

  11. #151
    Now that Brewfest has started I have a question
    Is the brewfest trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=87572 better that 1 of the trinkets on the bis list? if so witch one should I replace?

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftty View Post
    Now that Brewfest has started I have a question
    Is the brewfest trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=87572 better that 1 of the trinkets on the bis list? if so witch one should I replace?
    Neither is my guess. The minute ilevel difference means nothing in this case. Of the BiS trinkets one has passive INT and a very nice and long proc and the other an absolutely amazing on use INT effect. The passive Crit and short Spellpower proc of the Brewfest trink are not going to be better than that, I think. Someone should check it and try to make it sim'able for us to be sure though. I know the past versions of the trinket were mediocre at best. SimC results of 4.3 with the trinket.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  13. #153
    So, im confused about a few things.

    It's my understanding that this expansion the quest rewards you get to choose from are based on your current spec. Yet as Destruction, i keep getting offered stuff with mastery on it, while this guide shows its in last place compared to haste / crit. If i want say, hit/haste items to be offered instead of the hit/mastery haste/mastery stuff im getting offered now, should i switch to affliction or demo for the quest turn in?

  14. #154
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    So, im confused about a few things.

    It's my understanding that this expansion the quest rewards you get to choose from are based on your current spec. Yet as Destruction, i keep getting offered stuff with mastery on it, while this guide shows its in last place compared to haste / crit. If i want say, hit/haste items to be offered instead of the hit/mastery haste/mastery stuff im getting offered now, should i switch to affliction or demo for the quest turn in?
    You will have the same rewards in the other specs.
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  15. #155
    Indeed. The promise is not gear with stats purposefully weighted to your preferences. The promise is that a Warlock won't be offered cloth with Spirit on it, and an Enhancement Shaman will be given Agil gear and not caster mail. If you want to stat shop, I often got two or three items for the same slot over a zone. Like, one would be Hit/Haste and another would be Crit/Mastery. Deciding which to use is called playing the game.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Indeed. The promise is not gear with stats purposefully weighted to your preferences. The promise is that a Warlock won't be offered cloth with Spirit on it, and an Enhancement Shaman will be given Agil gear and not caster mail. If you want to stat shop, I often got two or three items for the same slot over a zone. Like, one would be Hit/Haste and another would be Crit/Mastery. Deciding which to use is called playing the game.
    I get offered spirit all the time however. I think your referring to LFG looting, i was talking about quest rewards.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I get offered spirit all the time however. I think your referring to LFG looting, i was talking about quest rewards.
    Spirit items on a warlock in Mists 85-90 quests? I highly doubt that. If you actually do and aren't just saying something for arguing I'd get in touch with Blizz cause your toon is bugged then. I haven't gotten a single spirit item all through leveling offered to me. Not 1.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  18. #158
    What Items could I take instead of the Spelltwisters's gloves and chest?

    I'm on a low pop server and it's really really hard to get a hand of these + my tailor is still stuck at level 85 so no help from my own tailor.
    Is there any other chest and gloves I can use? For example is Robes of Koegler a substitute for the chest?
    Conflagrating Gloves a substitute for the gloves?

    For the pre-raid gearing. I know I might need to switch around with more hit or whatever but can I use those instead?

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by seeings View Post
    What Items could I take instead of the Spelltwisters's gloves and chest?

    I'm on a low pop server and it's really really hard to get a hand of these + my tailor is still stuck at level 85 so no help from my own tailor.
    Is there any other chest and gloves I can use? For example is Robes of Koegler a substitute for the chest?
    Conflagrating Gloves a substitute for the gloves?

    For the pre-raid gearing. I know I might need to switch around with more hit or whatever but can I use those instead?
    I'm not sure what you're asking. By definition, if you have those equipped they are a substitute for the other items for you. If you are asking what are the BiS substitute for those two items it's likely something you'd have to sim out for yourself. Unless you are going all out for pre raid BiS it's unlikely going to be worth the time to figure out what sub-optimal BiS is best.

    If you have them, of course you can use them. Other than that I'm not sure what else to answer for you.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by CDShaidar View Post
    I'm not sure what you're asking. By definition, if you have those equipped they are a substitute for the other items for you. If you are asking what are the BiS substitute for those two items it's likely something you'd have to sim out for yourself. Unless you are going all out for pre raid BiS it's unlikely going to be worth the time to figure out what sub-optimal BiS is best.

    If you have them, of course you can use them. Other than that I'm not sure what else to answer for you.
    Oh it was BiS items, I just thought he had that to show what you should get for pre-raid gear.
    But thanks for the help you answered what I was wondering at least

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •