Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Those guys over at Icy Veins are trying really hard to combine the information for every class into one place, but it seems a little rushed and obviously won't ever be as good as a resource dedicated to one class - for obvious reasons.

A lot of the information on the Icy Veins threads - particularly the warlock ones - are incorrect. The stat weights, the priority system - completely neglects optimal use of your resources. They still think that the Doom Guard snapshots your stats rather than updating dynamically - I could go on.

I imagine its quite difficult to release guides for every spec in the game all in one night, and I have a lot of respect for those guys, but just take it with a pinch of salt.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2012-08-29 at 10:52 PM.

Could you be a bit more specific in your statement about what best to reforge into? Should we try to have our crit around any specific rating at 85? Or just stack haste and prioritize crit second over mastery? Just curious as I can't sim my own yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanavast View Post
    Could you be a bit more specific in your statement about what best to reforge into? Should we try to have our crit around any specific rating at 85? Or just stack haste and prioritize crit second over mastery? Just curious as I can't sim my own yet.
    I can't really give an arbitrary number. There is no magic number of crit you should have - it just depends on how much of other stats you have. If you're not going to Simcraft it, I would suggest to get as much Haste as you can, Crit second, Mastery third.

Thank you for a nice guide Evralia!
    I just want to give a heads up here:
    All the other information in the guides, including rotation and talent choices, is applicable to level 85 as well as 90. The one exception to this is that Grimoire of Sacrifice might be better than Supremacy for Destro at 85.
    I tried with Grimoire of Sacrifice this Wednesday in DS heroic on live. Unfortunately it seems bugged. I lost sac several times in combat. In the beginning I just thought I forgot to sac but on madness it disapeared every time we jumped between platforms and also sometimes while just standing there. The other lock had the same problem as affliction with sac. It is reported and I hope they will fix it asap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katelina View Post
    I really hope GoSac is the way to go for 85 now though, just did Spine of Deathwing and for some reason my pet kept dying and dying over and over again. >_>
    my pet is also dying like crazy on all fights, no apparent reason. Hes on 50%, 2 sec after that hes gone.

Quote Originally Posted by apocek View Post
    my pet is also dying like crazy on all fights, no apparent reason. Hes on 50%, 2 sec after that hes gone.
    Turn off Threatening Presence.

Deleted
    I dont know if it has been asked yet, but this part

As long as you don't let yourself get capped (i.e. don't let yourself reach four embers or reach under 60k mana) then you aren't wasting any DPS.
    I didnt get completly. Ok when I reach 4 Emebers I cant generated anymore, I get that. But what does your mana have to do with being capped ? Do I miss something about a talent related to mana or something like that ?
    Last edited by mmoc2e9ed64cdd; 2012-09-01 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    I dont know if it has been asked yet, but this part

I didnt get completly. Ok when I reach 4 Emebers I cant generated anymore, I get that. But what does your mana have to do with being capped ? Do I miss something about a talent related to mana or something like that ?
    If you go too long without casting Chaos Bolt, you will eventually go OOM, as Chaos Bolt does not cast mana, and Incinerate costs 20% of your mana bar. If you oom, you've wasted DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    If you go too long without casting Chaos Bolt, you will eventually go OOM, as Chaos Bolt does not cast mana, and Incinerate costs 20% of your mana bar. If you oom, you've wasted DPS.
    Ah ok. Well I was aware of the fact that being oom isnt helpful ... ;P . I just thought there would be a talent or something since you wrote below 60k ...

Why is grimoire of supremacy better than grimoire of sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by Biiru View Post
    Why is grimoire of supremacy better than grimoire of sacrifice?
    At 85, it isn't.

At 90, the answer is simply.. because it is.

The reason you are losing GoSac on DS is because everytime you jump to a different platform your pet will automatically respawn. So you have to Sac it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    The reason you are losing GoSac on DS is because everytime you jump to a different platform your pet will automatically respawn. So you have to Sac it again.
    Which is particularly annoying because most guilds clear each platform in under 2 minutes now, meaning you can't re-sac.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    OHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    I was wondering why that damn felpuppy kept coming back.

So I've read your guide in and out Evralia.

Something does concern me how can my SimC values be so far as to what you're suggesting.

I simmed a perfect fight patchwerk style in a 300s(5min) window.

and my scale factors are: haste= 2.38 crit=2.72 mastery=3.07

It keeps telling to keep adding mastery to my gear ( even when i reforged everything to mastery it still keeps telling me that mastery is a much higher stat then other two) this goes exactly the opposite on what you suggest in your guide for lvl 85 warlocks. I understand at lvl 90 things will change, however currently i cant figure what to reforge into.

Can you clarify why i should not be leaning towards simmcrafts results?

Thank you kindly!
    Last edited by Otrov; 2012-09-07 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ombre View Post
    So I've read your guide in and out Evralia.

Something does concern me how can my SimC values be so far as to what you're suggesting.

I simmed a perfect fight patchwerk style in a 300s(5min) window.

and my scale factors are: haste= 2.38 crit=2.72 mastery=3.07

It keeps telling to keep adding mastery to my gear ( even when i reforged everything to mastery it still keeps telling me that mastery is a much higher stat then other two) this goes exactly the opposite on what you suggest in your guide for lvl 85 warlocks. I understand at lvl 90 things will change, however currently i cant figure what to reforge into.

Can you clarify why i should not be leaning towards simmcrafts results?

Thank you kindly!
    Simcraft will always give you a better result than I can give you, because its tailored to your character. With that in mind, at a complete guess, I assume you have a high amount of Haste (1900+) and very low Crit and Mastery (700-1100). The only reason Mastery and Crit should sim so high would be if you don't have much of them and have a lot of Haste.

If you want to be sure, use Simcraft's plot reforge function. Other than that, I can't give you much more advice without seeing your armory.

I think it might be just me, but with 20% haste and if I haven't got embers (therefore no CB) I find myself waiting for the Conflag cooldown due to the fast Incinerate casts. is Incinerate without Backdraft a big DPS loss? totally new to this btw.
    VII.

Deleted
    Incinerate is your filler, it's normal that you have to spam it, what else could you do ?

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Simcraft will always give you a better result than I can give you, because its tailored to your character. With that in mind, at a complete guess, I assume you have a high amount of Haste (1900+) and very low Crit and Mastery (700-1100). The only reason Mastery and Crit should sim so high would be if you don't have much of them and have a lot of Haste.

If you want to be sure, use Simcraft's plot reforge function. Other than that, I can't give you much more advice without seeing your armory.
    Armory link provided: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ombre/advanced

this time around i set a threshold for haste at least 2050, my mana slightly suffered if i didn't hit 2k haste, and dumped the rest into mastery/crit. I'm not sure if this was smart or not. Here are my results

haste= 1.76 crit=2.87 mastery=3.21

Now as i stated before when i reforge everything into haste i get:

haste=2.52 crit=2.87 mastery=3.11

**All the simms were run patchwerk style (300sc)***

Again thanks for the quick replies, I hope i can a clear answer soon!

Side note can you explain the reforge plots, they don't seem to be working for me when i do it in SimC

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ombre View Post
    Armory link provided: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ombre/advanced

this time around i set a threshold for haste at least 2050, my mana slightly suffered if i didn't hit 2k haste, and dumped the rest into mastery/crit. I'm not sure if this was smart or not. Here are my results

haste= 1.76 crit=2.87 mastery=3.21

Now as i stated before when i reforge everything into haste i get:

haste=2.52 crit=2.87 mastery=3.11

**All the simms were run patchwerk style (300sc)***

Again thanks for the quick replies, I hope i can a clear answer soon!

Side note can you explain the reforge plots, they don't seem to be working for me when i do it in SimC

Thanks!
    Load up Simcraft, go to the options - plot reforge tab.

Set the reforge amount to 1000 or 1500, and set the step amount to 50.

Select Haste and Mastery (if you select 3 at once it will take a very, very long time).

You'll get a graph at the end which will depict Haste to Mastery on one side and Mastery to Haste on the other. Wherever the blue line is highest is the most optimal point. Reforge to that value, then run it again with a smaller reforge and step amount to optimise further.

I simmed your character quickly and your numbers look correct. Full Mastery reforge puts you at ~2k mastery, 1.5k haste and ~1k crit (roughly).

I simmed your char with this hypothetical reforging and it gained ~300 dps. Not a great deal but there you go.