Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    I did some tests today using supremacy+imp+glyph during single target fights and if I don´t made any mistakes, I had a big DPS gain (single target) compared to the Observer... Anyone has tested this combination?

Thanks!
    This crops up every so often. It's a problem with Recount logging you as out of combat in between the Imp barrages. Do the test again, but this time take a fixed amount of damage and take the time it takes to reach that amount, then divide amount by time and do the same for Observer. You'll see Observer will do slightly better.

I see... I did a test now considering 1min in dummy... You´re right... Pratically the same damage! Imp did a litte bit more damage than observer! But losing a glyph space for this, IMO it does not pay.

My numbers (1min):
    GoSup+Imp+Glyph: 733860
    GoSup+Observer: 663210
    GoSup+Imp: 722612

Imp+Glyph and Imp without glyph = Pratically the same TOTAL damage! =(

I made 10 measurements, and the results were pratically the same...

Thanks for help!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    Imp+Glyph and Imp without glyph = Pratically the same TOTAL damage! =(
    Well, yes. Glyphs aren't supposed to be DPS increases at all. The purpose of the glyph is to increase burst damage not overall damage. Working As Intended, as the blues are fond of saying.

Starting shekzeer heroic next week so I had a question for zum or any other lock who has downed her...

I know that rof on top of the dissonance fields+boss is a dps increase because of the extra ember generation, but what about putting havoc on the boss and then incinerate x3 @ a dissonance field? Would I be getting double the ember generation through those 3 incinerates? Wondering if anyone tried this yet.

Thanks

Deleted
    I have been wondering about that for a while too but I haven't got the chance to go back on her yet. It probably works, like on the adds with shields on Sha of Fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all,

I've just decided to start playing Destruction as my main spec over demonology. I'm worried that Fire and Brimstone will break CCs on Wind Lord Mel'jarak. Is this an issue if the NPCs are CC'd with the spears or should I avoid using Fire and Brimstone on this fight?

My only experience as Destro on this fight is on LFR - I do it with my guild and we just AoE everything down.

Deleted
    Depends how close to the CC;d adds the boss is tanked really, Fire and brimstone range without MF is small enough to be safe if he's tanked a reasonable distance

I have once did that using manoroth's fury and I did break everything. It is good I tested it on LFR :P

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this guide up to date? It says Beta build in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by du4no View Post
    Is this guide up to date? It says Beta build in the first post.
    Most of the information is still up to date. I'm writing a new one right now that I hope to finish in the next few days. The only internet I have is through my phone as I just moved into this new place so it's a bit postponed till then :P

You do get additional ember bits from Incinerate if you Havoc the Dissonance Fields.

Doesn't havoc take up a GCD? If so, I would imagine that wasting a GCD for basically what amounts to 3 emberbits (as the damage done to the dissonance fields is really completely wasted even if it shows up on logs) isn't really a DPS gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Doesn't havoc take up a GCD? If so, I would imagine that wasting a GCD for basically what amounts to 3 emberbits (as the damage done to the dissonance fields is really completely wasted even if it shows up on logs) isn't really a DPS gain.
    It has a GCD of .5 just like the curses. I'd guess it'd be worth it.

What I found last night (we finally got to her on heroic again) is that you can havoc the boss and cleave 3 shadowburns onto her from low-health fields just fine :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Delaying your rotation for .5 secs for what amounts to, on average, an extra 4/10ths of an ember is very, very much worth it.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    What I found last night (we finally got to her on heroic again) is that you can havoc the boss and cleave 3 shadowburns onto her from low-health fields just fine :P
    Never thought to use Havoc+SB on dissonance fields to Empress. /facepalm for missing something so obvious. Thanks!

@Chaosbeard: I have successfully blown all cc on Wind Lord using Mannoroth's Fury. As long as you don't use MF, you can F&B away on the pack.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    I wish we could AoE on Mel'jarak in my raid, we have such a shitty strat :x

Did the same Tuesday
    It never seemed to align with Dark Soul though, so nothing impressive it was rather depressing to see 320 320 320 :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I wish we could AoE on Mel'jarak in my raid, we have such a shitty strat :x

Did the same Tuesday
    It never seemed to align with Dark Soul though, so nothing impressive it was rather depressing to see 320 320 320 :/
    Yeah. We did like 15 pulls before we killed her last night, but on the attempts where I used embers to shadowburn, and used havoc to get extra embers I didn't see a huge difference. Using the embers on shadowburn made me wait around a whole lot though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I ended up using AV on that fight and just popped it during Rain of Blades. I also found out that if you use KJC on Le Shi you don't move at all while 'moving' forward. You just run in place unless you use the active ability. I thought the fight was very fun as Destro and I don't think I did that poorly on it.

I do think that I'm holding onto some of my CDs for a little too long while trying to line up Chaos Bolts, but I'm sure that will come in time. I'm not sure if we're trying Amber Shaper or Sha tonight. My guild is currently 13/16? with just Amber/Empress/Sha left on normal for 25s. We've been cleaning up in 10s and only have Sha left if we don't down it this week.

Recently made a mouseover for Shadowburn and one for havoc to try to make sniping easier, it seems to work so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbeard View Post
    Yeah, I ended up using AV on that fight and just popped it during Rain of Blades. I also found out that if you use KJC on Le Shi you don't move at all while 'moving' forward. You just run in place unless you use the active ability. I thought the fight was very fun as Destro and I don't think I did that poorly on it.

I do think that I'm holding onto some of my CDs for a little too long while trying to line up Chaos Bolts, but I'm sure that will come in time. I'm not sure if we're trying Amber Shaper or Sha tonight. My guild is currently 13/16? with just Amber/Empress/Sha left on normal for 25s. We've been cleaning up in 10s and only have Sha left if we don't down it this week.

Recently made a mouseover for Shadowburn and one for havoc to try to make sniping easier, it seems to work so far.
    I get pushed back in 10M H with 2 stacks of KjC. Maybe the pushback amount is different in H and N?

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I get pushed back in 10M H with 2 stacks of KjC. Maybe the pushback amount is different in H and N?
    It is

On heroic in my raid I am the "high stacker" so I need to be on the boss during get away

If I have more than 1 stack of KJC I usually get pushed back even if I'm running forward... can't really burning rush it either since I'm usually taking 70k ticks per second plus the dot from the scary fog ;_;