Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    It is

On heroic in my raid I am the "high stacker" so I need to be on the boss during get away

If I have more than 1 stack of KJC I usually get pushed back even if I'm running forward... can't really burning rush it either since I'm usually taking 70k ticks per second plus the dot from the scary fog ;_;
    Yeah, I'm the high-stacker too. Worgen makes it easy if you only get one per cooldown. :P

Deleted
    In 25man too you get pushed back with KJC. At the first Get Away when there aren't many stacks I almost get back in the stairs

Ive been playing afflic all teir long (currently 9/16h) but ive always wanted to be destro just havnt been able to really get it down. Ive now watched all of Zumzum and brusalks videos and im really impressedd by what it can do. After doing miserably last night on our HC ambershaper attempts as afflic i really want to give destro a shot and i have all this weekend now before next weeks lockout to get my reforged and gems down and do a lot of practice in lfr's. Now on to the questions.

I noticed that Brusalk you use 2-piece teir and have are using 502 ilvl crit off pieces, is that something you are doing by choice or because you have been unlucky in teir drops and are not able to have 4 piece yet?. I currently have the teir: shoulders,chest, legs, and gloves (all 496) but i could potential swap out the gloves and chest with the 502 crit+mastery gear gloves and chest from stonegaurd and feng. Would you recommend this over using the 4 set?

i ran a bunch of sims last night and found that even after gemming Full int gems in almost every slot that int is still my highest value stat, problem is that my mastery drops to about 54% when i do this route. the 2 main sims i ran are Full int gems (~17k int, ~54% ish mastery) and using all hybrid int+mastery gems (~16.2k int, 61% mastery). I simmed about 300 dps higher using the lower int higher mastery gem scheme, but even in full int gems , int is still my strongest scale value, something like int:4.08, mastery:1.93. What do i do with my gems?

link provided to see my gear ilvl 495:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kdots/advanced
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-01-11 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    Ive been playing afflic all teir long (currently 9/16h) but ive always wanted to be destro just havnt been able to really get it down. Ive now watched all of Zumzum and brusalks videos and im really impressedd by what it can do. After doing miserably last night on our HC ambershaper attempts as afflic i really want to give destro a shot and i have all this weekend now before next weeks lockout to get my reforged and gems down and do a lot of practice in lfr's. Now on to the questions.

I noticed that Brusalk you use 2-piece teir and have are using 502 ilvl crit off pieces, is that something you are doing by choice or because you have been unlucky in teir drops and are not able to have 4 piece yet?. I currently have the teir: shoulders,chest, legs, and gloves (all 496) but i could potential swap out the gloves and chest with the 502 crit+mastery gear gloves and chest from stonegaurd and feng. Would you recommend this over using the 4 set?

i ran a bunch of sims last night and found that even after gemming Full int gems in almost every slot that int is still my highest value stat, problem is that my mastery drops to about 54% when i do this route. the 2 main sims i ran are Full int gems (~17k int, ~54% ish mastery) and using all hybrid int+mastery gems (~16.2k int, 61% mastery). I simmed about 300 dps higher using the lower int higher mastery gem scheme, but even in full int gems , int is still my strongest scale value, something like int:4.08, mastery:1.93. What do i do with my gems?

link provided to see my gear ilvl 495:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kdots/advanced
    It's not by choice, no. I have 3 pieces, but since I don't have the 4th I'm using a higher ilevel piece instead of the third piece. I can't get the shoulders off lei-shi to drop. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I get pushed back in 10M H with 2 stacks of KjC. Maybe the pushback amount is different in H and N?
    It definitely is. With 108% movement and 2 stacks of KJC on Normal I move towards Lei Shi and have to start walking around her or staggering my steps. With the same stats on Heroic I get pushed back.

Hi, even if this is my first post, i'm not new on this forum, and i thanks you all for all the info and the tips i learned from here. My main is felblood at nagrand US. Destro lock, mainly doing lfr and hopefully starting normal mode tomorrow. For that i would like to ask a couple of questions:
    1) i'm currently giving more love to crit instead of mastery. Doing so i'm usually in the first three spots in dps (doing around 73k dps). But because all the guides states mastery is better i would like to know if i'm doing wrong or if it's an acceptable alternative way.
    2) i have mantle of the golden Sun and robe of eternal rule in bank. In your opinion is better to stick on 4 lfr Tier set bonus, or just use those higher ilev items and two pieces set bonus?
    Excuse me for my poor english, it's not my mother language. Looking for advice i thanks all again!

It has a GCD of .5 just like the curses. I'd guess it'd be worth it.

What I found last night (we finally got to her on heroic again) is that you can havoc the boss and cleave 3 shadowburns onto her from low-health fields just fine :P
    i attempted this tonight in lfr on empress and it did not work, placed havoc on empress when a field was low and spammed 3 shadowburns on the field but it did no dmg on empress
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-01-12 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    i attempted this tonight in lfr on empress and it did not work, placed havoc on empress when a field was low and spammed 3 shadowburns on the field but it did no dmg on empress
    It works.

We did a couple of attempts the other night on her and looking at the logs I did about 16mil dmg from shadowburn on just empress (not looking at adds) and we didn't get her below 20% yet... so it definitely works

Deleted
    [22:42:45.340] Zûmzum casts Brûlure de l'ombre on Champ de dissonance
    [22:42:45.340] Zûmzum Brûlure de l'ombre Champ de dissonance Immune
    [22:42:45.464] Zûmzum Brûlure de l'ombre Grande impératrice Shek’zeer *645991*

It definitely works !

10+ Year Old Account
    Though sometimes i dnk what's better, launch Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn. (2nd damage is soooo low comparing to crit from first).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Though sometimes i dnk what's better, launch Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn. (2nd damage is soooo low comparing to crit from first).
    I've been wondering about this myself for a while, I think that the only time it would be better to use chaos bolt over shadowburn is during heroism or a haste proc. Although if you have mana problems then it might be better to use shadowburn for the mana return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhit21 View Post
    I've been wondering about this myself for a while, I think that the only time it would be better to use chaos bolt over shadowburn is during heroism or a haste proc. Although if you have mana problems then it might be better to use shadowburn for the mana return.
    With such mana regen I never have any problems with mana

Deleted
    I guess it didn't really make sense to base your decision off mana problems considering Chaos Bolts don't cost mana which I didn't think of. I'm sure there must be a valid reason why we use shadowburn over chaos bolt.

If Shadowburn crits it's a lot more damage then Chaosbolt. Also the damage per cast time is way in favor of Shadowburn. I was wondering this myself for a while, but once you see Shadowburn crit for over a million it takes some of the wondering away. Maybe it's different with haste procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something isn't right.
    I'm not able to deal more then 95k dps, although in such gear it should be above 100 - 105k.
    Perhaps the rotation is wrong (i spam 2 conflags and then bump 6 incinerates in a row with a DS up on start with pre-pots).
    Or should I delay it till i have as much as possible procs?
    Any advices?

I try not to hit 2 conflags in a row, in case I get an optimal proc window for CB and don't want to waste the backdraft charges. On a pull I can usually get at least two super charged CBs out (with pre-pot, DS, skull banner, weapon proc, trink etc.). I'd check Zums or Brusalks logs to see how they order the opening pull.

I wish our warriors were more consistent about when they drop banners.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2013-01-13 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    I'd check Zums or Brusalks logs to see how they order the opening pull.
    Don't you dare ! Warning : I'm sloppy and easily distracted during pulls
    I don't double conflag either for the reason you gave, if everything procs at the same time I don't want to waste stacks.

I wish our warriors were more consistent about when they drop banners.
    My guild's warriors hate me but we often have a decent rotation now

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Something isn't right.
    I'm not able to deal more then 95k dps, although in such gear it should be above 100 - 105k.
    Perhaps the rotation is wrong (i spam 2 conflags and then bump 6 incinerates in a row with a DS up on start with pre-pots).
    Or should I delay it till i have as much as possible procs?
    Any advices?
    The following is pretty much my opening for every fight, unless I need to save embers for something soon.

PrePot/Immo before pull
    Doomguard if using here
    Conflag
    Conflag
    Dark Soul/OnUse
    Incinerate to 2 stacks of backdraft (Rain of Fire on boss during this period once bosses are in one position for a while)
    Chaos Bolt (Skull Banner is usually used while I'm casting this or before)
    Immolate (This is usually fully buffed)
    Incinerate to 1 burning ember (if required)
    Chaos Bolt
    Normal Rotation

The rain of fire can help proc trinkets like LotC and ensure that your two Chaos Bolts are supercharged. Also RoF on one target is a DPS gain if the target is in the RoF for the whole duration. (In other words using RoF here is a DPS gain even on one target, and especially because you get the mana cost back while chaos bolting)

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Don't you dare ! Warning : I'm sloppy and easily distracted during pulls
    I don't double conflag either for the reason you gave, if everything procs at the same time I don't want to waste stacks.

My guild's warriors hate me but we often have a decent rotation now
    By the way I was trying to use your WoL timeline feature for this post but it's broken now

By the way I was trying to use your WoL timeline feature for this post but it's broken now
    Works for me;
    http://www.toprealm.fr/Timeline.html?id=20

Try typing the players name then the dashboard for the fight you want analysed.

ie;
    Name: Not // URL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2964&e=3426

Deleted
    The rain of fire can help proc trinkets like LotC and ensure that your two Chaos Bolts are supercharged.
    This. RoF makes this trinket proc in 2 sec when it could take 20 sec before.

As for Timeline it can be very pernickety (ok google gave me this one) with URLs, I should work on it (and the missing classes) but I am missing time ^^