Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Ah no worries. My real concern is cleaving onto a new spirit king while they are channeling a shield or something that will blow up the raid. Since my raid group has already killed it, I don't want to start experimenting when I know that Affliction will work well on this fight (but not as much fun).
    This is one of the hardest trick to pull off on this Tier as Destro. Between Embers/Havoc/Dark Soul/various intellect buffs/war banners/..., the debuffs on the two boss Shields/Thief/..., the cleaving soldiers, the AoE/arrows/... there are sooooo many ways to fuck up

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    I hadn't realised until yesterday that, because I don't raid with Mastery or Spell Haste buffs ('-.-), Destro sims within 1.5k of Affliction in my gear, so I've respecced Destro for the rest of the tier. with that in mind, I'm curious as to how you guys are opening when starting a bossfight with 1 ember, I remember seeing Brusalk or Zumzumzum posting their opener at one point but no amount of searching can find it.

also, is it still optimal to weave Incinerates between Chaos Bolt to avoid DoT clipping from G:Sac?
    Chaos Bolt can still clip, but only in the same way that you can clip other dots. For a day or two after 5.1 the DoT wouldn't roll like other DoTs, but now it does so the only way to clip is if you can get a second chaos bolt to hit within 1 tick of the first chaos bolt (which is pretty hard). No need to weave incinerates anymore, unless you're going from a super-buffed Chaos Bolt to an unbuffed chaos bolt. In that case you'd get 2 ticks of super-buffed and 4 ticks of unbuffed damage when it refreshes. If you weave an incinerate you can get 3 super buffed and 3 unbuffed instead. (Pretty small increase mind you).

As for the opener what I've been using most recently is below.

Pre-Immo/Pot
    CoE
    Doomguard (if I'm using it here)
    RoF
    Conflag
    Conflag
    DS+On Use stuff
    Incin
    Incin
    Incin
    Incin
    Chaos Bolt
    Chaos Bolt (if I got an ember to spend)
    Immo
    Normal Priority

With hero/lust I can sometimes get off a third chaos bolt with all procs and stuff depending on crits.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:53 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Scathbais;20142700]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Did I seriously miss a spirit kings video? /sigh Guess I'll record one next clear :P

As for crit>mastery>haste, I personally haven't seen that result, but it's entirely possible. How much haste/mastery/haste do you have on your gear non-reforged?[COLOR="red"]

Ah no worries. My real concern is cleaving onto a new spirit king while they are channeling a shield or something that will blow up the raid. Since my raid group has already killed it, I don't want to start experimenting when I know that Affliction will work well on this fight (but not as much fun).
    Yeah, it is tough. My only real tip is to havoc the target that won't have the shield and cast on the one with the shield. That way if you screw up and the shield goes up, you can cast on your havoc target without consuming havoc stacks sub-optimally. (This is if you're killing it slow enough you can chaos bolt one, and then get a second havoc with shadowburns off before the low health boss dies.)
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2013-02-08 at 12:54 AM.

lf help doing heroic protectors10m as destro. i think this problem is more evident in 10man then 25man because of the hp of the add, but im having a hard time getting the shadowburn snipe on the add, this isnt a problem when all 3 bosses are alive because im getting plenty of embers putting rof on the bosses to miss a snipe here and there and still have enough embers to cb,cb+havok the next add, but after kaolan dies im running out of embers.. im teamed up with a boomkin on add duty and when we get up to 9 stacks we are 2 shotting the adds, should i ask the boomkin to switch to boss full time once its just regail and asani up and solo the add to make sure im getting the killing blow or what to do?

just to clarify, the delay that happens from the time a target reaches execute zone and being able to actually use shadowburn is making it hard to get one off before it dies, many times after my cb hits the add is down around 30% and the boomkin hits it and its dead, other times my cb wont crit as hard and there will be a small window that the add is in the execute range but he dies before im able to SB him. i dont feel completely comfortable with just soloing the adds later in the fight because sometimes during heavy movement even with the 2 of us on him we will fall a little behind on the add killing.
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-02-08 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    You should tell your Boomkin to try not to kill the adds (that's what I did with the 4 Arcane Mages padawans in my group ), or perhaps Chaos Bolt only on the boss ? I don't know how much HP they have in 10man.

anyone see this gem in 5.2 trinkets?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96558

100% crit for 4 seconds... anyone know how much crit=dmg for our chaos bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    1% crit = 1% damage. If base damage is 100k, 20% crit will make it hit for 120k. Source: training dummy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    anyone see this gem in 5.2 trinkets?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96558

I am slightly concerned that they will either reveal, or hotfix it that Chaos Bolt scales from rating and the trinket only provides % or some bullshit. otherwise, /stopcasting macro and powerauras here I come!

Deleted
    Hey! Does the glyph of dark soul give more dps over time if you don't use dark soul activation becuase it loose the 3% passive?

Could you please help our warlock!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eryel/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7gzukhbigjh3jrgv/

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
    Hey! Does the glyph of dark soul give more dps over time if you don't use dark soul activation becuase it loose the 3% passive?

Could you please help our warlock!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eryel/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7gzukhbigjh3jrgv/
    The glyph does not give 3% increased damage. It just increases Crit% by 3%. This means your warlock's Chaos Bolts will hit for 3% more damage over casting Chaos Bolt without the passive dark soul buff.

However, Chaos Bolts do an extra 30% damage while unglyphed dark soul is active.

It is simple to simcraft, glyphed with no active DS usage vs unglyphed with active DS usage.

The question is this: will 3% extra crit make up for 30% extra crit for at least 3-4 20 second windows plus 27% increased chaos bolt damage?
    I don't believe this is the case, but you shoud simcraft it to find out.
    Last edited by Scathbais; 2013-02-15 at 04:06 PM.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Hard to tell exactly what was being asked there. I don't think (s)he was asking about increased damage from the glyph directly, but rather whether glyphing it would prove a dps increase in circumstances where you delay using DS on cd / don't use it at all -- which is what you answered, so I'm not sure where the 3% damage bit comes from.

But in any event, considering the scaling of being able to line up all your procs/buffs with that 30% crit/damage increase to Chaos Bolt, plus being able to buff an immolate just as DS is about to fall off (meaning you get higher uptime than just the duration of DS) ... I'd say it's pretty much a no-brainer that unglyphed is the overall dps gain. However, there may be situations where if you do find yourself delaying DS for significant periods of time, glyphed may ultimately prove better. Such as maybe you need to save DS for burn / add periods, whatever, and you don't need that full 30%, but you do need more dps outside of the burn / add periods, or whatever.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The dark soul glyph is only active when the ability is off cooldown (available to use), which really shouldnt ever be the case. And reduces the power of DS when used to 27%.

The glyph is a DPS loss in basically every situation possible. Would not recommend using it at all.

Deleted
    Without glyph, on cooldown : 30 * 20/120 = 5% on average
    With glyph, on cooldown : 27 * 20/120 = 4.5% on average
    With glyph, with delaying : formula is 27 * 20/(120+delay) + 3 * delay/(120+delay)
    If you delay every Dark Soul by 10 seconds : 4.38%
    If you delay every Dark Soul by 20 seconds : 4.29%
    If you delay every Dark Soul by 40 seconds : 4.13%

It is basically never a gain, but if you HAVE to keep your Dark Soul for certain phases on a specific fight it might be useful. BUT if this phase is THAT important, perhaps a 30% Dark Soul would be more useful ? So all in all... pretty crappy glyph.

The only real use is for bad players that will always forget to use their Dark Soul x)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum
    The only real use is for bad players that will always forget to use their Dark Soul x)
    Best quote of the year so far. Math just shows any naysayers that what I said just before Zum is accurate as well .

10+ Year Old Account
    This guide seems terribly outdated and incorrect. Is there any place with a more up to date guide on Destro? I talked with a Destro lock in my guild and he's using Mastery as his main stat, with Crit right behind that. He says haste is basically useless to a Destro lock. Is this true? I'm currently Demo offspec but I might switch to Destro.

Deleted
    Yes it is true if you take Grimoire of Sacrifice (which you should). This guide gives the stat priority for Grimoire of Supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    This guide seems terribly outdated and incorrect. Is there any place with a more up to date guide on Destro? I talked with a Destro lock in my guild and he's using Mastery as his main stat, with Crit right behind that. He says haste is basically useless to a Destro lock. Is this true? I'm currently Demo offspec but I might switch to Destro.
    I'm making an updated written guide for 5.3. I was originally going to make one for 5.2 but between life and the close release of 5.3 I decided to make one for 5.3 instead, rather than having to update it again in 3 weeks when 5.3 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Without glyph, on cooldown : 30 * 20/120 = 5% on average
    With glyph, on cooldown : 27 * 20/120 = 4.5% on average
    With glyph, with delaying : formula is 27 * 20/(120+delay) + 3 * delay/(120+delay)
    If you delay every Dark Soul by 10 seconds : 4.38%
    If you delay every Dark Soul by 20 seconds : 4.29%
    If you delay every Dark Soul by 40 seconds : 4.13%

It is basically never a gain, but if you HAVE to keep your Dark Soul for certain phases on a specific fight it might be useful. BUT if this phase is THAT important, perhaps a 30% Dark Soul would be more useful ? So all in all... pretty crappy glyph.

However, to be fair you have to compare a delay with glyph against a delay without glyph which is: 30 * 20/(120+delay). The formulas become equal for delay = 20 and then if you delay more than 20s everytime, the glyph pulls ahead. It's not very helpful but hey

Note also that with 4P it's the same.

Anyway you're right:
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2013-02-18 at 07:12 AM.

Deleted
    - Conflagrate and Immolate damage +20%.
    - Incinerate damage +10%.
    upcoming tuning to the new patch. I am excite.

Deleted
    hmm, with the upcoming buffs to conflag/immo/incin i'm wonder how a crit>mastery>haste build would run with the set bonuses from t15. Mostly just armchair theorising at the moment though, since i fail at math too much to be able to actually sim numbers :P

Anyways my reasoning is as follows:
    - Set bonus gives extra emberbits for incin crits, and immo crits have always given emberbits.
    - Buff to our non-ember spells possibly making crit more attractive (and chaos bolt gains extra deeps from crit anyways)
    - In theory we'd have slightly lighter hitting CB/SB, but more embergen due to the critting so therefore more embers to pump CB/SB out.
    - Might also in theory give a little more leeway with grimoire choice without major reforging since our pets at least scale with our crit, so maybe some GoSup use for non-cleave fights

Ofc its all just guestimating at the moment, since i have no idea what our crit and other stats will be like during t15 content and i absolutely fail at simming stuff. Mostly threw this out as food for thought

Deleted
    IMHO it won't change out itermization nor our gameplay, except maybe for rendering immolate more "important", so that you don't ditch it so easily in most situation. CB/SB won't hit harder nor weaker, and thus even with the +10/+20% to other spells, all our spells will stay at their respective place because they are already "so far apart". And even if their (cb/sb) relative importance might get a little lower, ember-based spells should still be king, and thus mastery build too. All in all, what these changes mean is that our aoe will get even better than it is now. Same as Undercroft, i have no specific data to back this up, but it sounds realistic enough for me !