View Poll Results: Favourite Minecraft Mod

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • NEI/TMI

    8 21.62%
  • Buildcraft v2 or v3

    13 35.14%
  • IndustrialCraft

    12 32.43%
  • Forestry

    3 8.11%
  • Redpower 2

    10 27.03%
  • Thaumcraft

    6 16.22%
  • Mystcraft

    3 8.11%
  • Portalgun

    1 2.70%
  • Equivalent Exchange

    12 32.43%
  • Railcraft

    5 13.51%
  • Steve's Carts

    2 5.41%
  • Wireless Redstone CBE

    6 16.22%
  • Mo Creatures

    8 21.62%
  • Ender Storage

    0 0%
  • Other

    14 37.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Used the whole tekkit package recently.. I got annoyed by how everything got trivialized by either Geothermal energy, fuel, solar, or EE.

    EE generates diamonds silly fast. In a couple days I just set up a generator that made about 1 RM furnace a minute
    Geothermal was ridiculous. Using teleport pipes you could pump from anywhere and have near infinite supply. A volcanite amulet from EE makes it infinite.

    I could go on. I love red power. It adds the new material, I think it is the handsaw addon, volcanoes and everything... all round an amazing addon for giving variety and variability while also trying to keep the base game intact.
    If you're using lots of mods like that then diamonds aren't really that important anyways. I'm also surprised you think geothermal energy is unbalanced. Have you tried high-voltage solar arrays?

    What I like about the mods is that you can actually build some interesting setups that can do things. Vanilla MC is basically make believe land because there is nothing you can really do that does anything worthwhile.

  2. #22
    Pandaren Monk willtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,843
    Tropicraft! and Zeppelin.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  3. #23
    Grunt Weyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indiana, PA
    Posts
    14
    To be honest, as much as I love all the cool mods that add so many new things you can make and build...my favorite is still any mod that makes creepers not damage blocks. Because crap man, they can blow me up all they like, but the moment they blow up my lovingly crafted creation...

  4. #24
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Posting this here for anyone that's interested in learning about mods. Direwolf20 a popular youtube and minecraft personality is starting a series teaching those green to many popular mods how they work. There isn't any episodes yet, so this is just a preview. With any luck the series will teach the basics of how the mods work in practical situations. Less "Let's Play" nonsense and more learning how things go together.

    First up is Redpower2 one of my favourite mods of all time.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kVGef8DbMk

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Posting this here for anyone that's interested in learning about mods. Direwolf20 a popular youtube and minecraft personality is starting a series teaching those green to many popular mods how they work. There isn't any episodes yet, so this is just a preview. With any luck the series will teach the basics of how the mods work in practical situations. Less "Let's Play" nonsense and more learning how things go together.

    First up is Redpower2 one of my favourite mods of all time.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kVGef8DbMk
    I dont know how to install it, everywhere it says I need modloader and forge, but those two are not compatible so what am I supposed to do.

    EDIT: Also for some reason, IC2 results into black screen, once I remove the jar from the mods folder, game runs normaly. What the hell.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-10-01 at 06:41 PM.

  6. #26
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,681
    the ones i usually use are timber! millenaire mo"creatures and rei's minimap
    i try to use buildcraft and indy craft but i just get fedup trying to get things to work and give up or i use TMI and skip most steps -.-

    havnt tried the kingdoms mod in awile as i dont think it gets updated anymore

  7. #27
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I dont know how to install it, everywhere it says I need modloader and forge, but those two are not compatible so what am I supposed to do.

    EDIT: Also for some reason, IC2 results into black screen, once I remove the jar from the mods folder, game runs normaly. What the hell.

    First off, as of right now Redpower 2 isn't available for minecraft 1.3.2. Eloraam (the developer) is still working on fixing all the things that are broken with it.

    If you want to run Redpower2 you'll have to downgrade Minecraft to 1.2.5, then download and install Forge and Forge Modloader for 1.2.5 as well.

    http://jenkins.minecraftforge.net:7070/job/forge/135/

    That version may work. I just went off dates. I'm not sure what version of forge I was using back then since I recently upgraded everything to 1.3.2. You'll also have to track down an old version of the modloader compatible with that forge.

    Recent versions of Forge for 1.3.2 have modloader built in so it's just one JAR mod now.

    In all honesty though I would just wait. A lot of redpower 2 worldgen items like nikolite, rubies, emeralds, tungsten wont be generated if you install redpower 2 after starting a new 1.3.2 world. You'll have to either travel very far from home to mine it (to a previously un-generated chunk) or use a mystcraft age that's new too. Since mystcraft is broken now with the newest forge as well, we gotta wait for that to be further developed too.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    First off, as of right now Redpower 2 isn't available for minecraft 1.3.2. Eloraam (the developer) is still working on fixing all the things that are broken with it.

    If you want to run Redpower2 you'll have to downgrade Minecraft to 1.2.5, then download and install Forge and Forge Modloader for 1.2.5 as well.

    http://jenkins.minecraftforge.net:7070/job/forge/135/

    That version may work. I just went off dates. I'm not sure what version of forge I was using back then since I recently upgraded everything to 1.3.2. You'll also have to track down an old version of the modloader compatible with that forge.

    Recent versions of Forge for 1.3.2 have modloader built in so it's just one JAR mod now.

    In all honesty though I would just wait. A lot of redpower 2 worldgen items like nikolite, rubies, emeralds, tungsten wont be generated if you install redpower 2 after starting a new 1.3.2 world. You'll have to either travel very far from home to mine it (to a previously un-generated chunk) or use a mystcraft age that's new too. Since mystcraft is broken now with the newest forge as well, we gotta wait for that to be further developed too.
    Allright then, thanks. Also I somehow managed to run IC 2 so all is well.

    EDIT: Spoke too soon, for some reason I cant hear most of the sounds from IC 2, like generators producing EU or maccerator powdering ore. Any ideas what to do with that?
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-10-01 at 07:51 PM.

  9. #29
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Allright then, thanks. Also I somehow managed to run IC 2 so all is well.

    EDIT: Spoke too soon, for some reason I cant hear most of the sounds from IC 2, like generators producing EU or maccerator powdering ore. Any ideas what to do with that?
    Check your IC2 Config file. ( path= .minecraft\config\ic2.cfg )

    under General it should have a line at the bottom saying

    soundsEnabled=true

    if its false then set it to true.

    Edit: If not, might want to get in touch with the Support forum herE: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/in...ard&boardID=44
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-10-01 at 09:49 PM.

  10. #30
    Twilight Forest is my favorite. It has a fantasy-like feel to it. It gives an option to travel to (and from) a very different world (as unique as the End and Nether, compared to the Overworld).
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.

  11. #31
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,478
    Lots of mods missing from that list.

    Better than Wolves, Optifine, Better World Generation, and Treecapitator are absolute necessities.

    TerrafimaCraft is also extremely fun in SMP.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •