I need some major help about getting a new computer soon.

Hopefully I can get some comments from you guys

Right now my computer is 8 years old. What I have is

DELL
    Vista (We all know it's a shitty brand)
    Pentium 4 ------ 3.6 ghz
    1 TB of hard drive
    Quardo FX 4500
    3 GB of ram

It can run the latest WOW expansion set - CATA. It runs fine but when it comes to raiding, ehh not too great but I can handle it like i did for a long time. The question is, will it handle new WOW expansion set game - MOP? I hope so, if not that's fine I will get new computer but i need some people opinions.

So far, i did some research, Dell XPS 8500 is only $999 since I did some customize, it will be like this

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 2 DIMMs (i was being told that if i get 16 gb it will be overkill, what does that mean? is that bad for wow?)
    1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 2GB GDDR5 (It's 2 GB, not 1 GB, i couldn't find the rank on video card benchmark. For 1 gb its ranked 52th but for 2 GB, i couldn't find it)
    3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 processor (up to 3.90 GHz)

All for just $999.99 Is that good price to get?

Is it the same price if i wanted to build my own computer. Or is it the same price if newegg built the computer for me.

One big question, will it run smooth for WOW and im graphic designer, will it run smooth for all CS5 programs like Photoshop, Indesign, etc.

Hope to hear your feedback.

I'm willing to pay up to 1200$ budget, if you guys suggest me to build my own computer, does it mean i need to get my own software like MS 2010 and Window 7 or 8? Does it have to be the same thing if I want to get DELL?

Nope, not worth 1000 dollars at all.

Build your own system, or pay a store 50 to 100 bucks after you picked all the parts.

Gimme a minute to make you a nice build sec!

Great, please do that, I'm willing to pay store extra $50 or so. Do i need to get my own operation system? Will it cover 1 year warranty for all of them?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK-140 90.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($142.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($102.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ B&H)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($114.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1205.76
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-16 19:14 EDT-0400)

Went for 16 gb ram since you do gfx design. You will need to buy windows 7 if you don't have it already. That'll cost you another 95 bucks.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brentrich View Post
    Great, please do that, I'm willing to pay store extra $50 or so. Do i need to get my own operation system? Will it cover 1 year warranty for all of them?
    Yes, you may need a new copy of windows 7. All parts have warranty on them, can go from 1 year to 5 year+ warranties

This build will crush wow and will run PS etc with ease.

Awesome, that looks good. Do I need to pay extra cash if i want to extend warranties longer. About CPU Cooler, I have no idea how to use or any knowledge of it, is it something I need to know about it or is it necessary to have it? Will it run smooth like GW2 or BF3. If i want store to do it for me, how do i do that. go to that website you gave me or? I"m noob of this, sorry for asking too many questions

Oh one more thing, why I5, I thought I7 is the best.

About CPU Cooler, I have no idea how to use or any knowledge of it, is it something I need to know about it or is it necessary to have it?
    CPU cooler is only needed when you plan to overclock your CPU. If you don't intend to, skip it off the list the stock cooler that comes with the CPU will be perfect then.

Oh one more thing, why I5, I thought I7 is the best.
    i7 is only good for rendering videos and stuff. In games you will have 0 fps increase from it, as games don't support hyperthreading. Go for i5

Will it run smooth like GW2 or BF3
    GW2 and bf3 will be ran without problems.

Extra warranties are possible, but cost money

Awesome, you rock man. So when i get the computer, all i have to do is put window 7 in the CD then go to boot up then I'm all set? Or am i missing something. I wanted to make sure. Also all i have to do is go to that website and pay it out? Will the store do it for me?

I don't know how to overclock my CPU and I'm sure it's not necessary for WOW or another games. When you build my computer, is that high end computer?
    Last edited by brentrich; 2012-08-16 at 11:31 PM.

Overclocking is not needed for games, no. It's a very solid computer!

You should look around for stores near you that assemble computers.

I put an SSD in the build, so make sure you install windows on the SSD. When it's all installed, follow this guide to make it even faster/get more room: http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/s...-for-ssds-hdds

Good luck!

I was about to ask you, what is SSD, I have heard of it but never bother to research. Do you mind telling me what it's really for? And why Do i need to make sure to install window on SSD?

10+ Year Old Account
    You would be much better off building your own, would save you a few hundred and you would have much more scalibility. Just use the HW guide on this site.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

I was about to ask you, what is SSD, I have heard of it but never bother to research. Do you mind telling me what it's really for? And why Do i need to make sure to install window on SSD?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive

It's a storage device, like a HDD, but waaaaay faster. You should put windows, and all programs you use very regularly on it. for example: firefox, bf3,... It speeds up loading immensely. Use the normal HDD for all other stuff, like movies, music etc.

Ahh gotcha, Thanks man, I will do that I'm so exicited, I'm going to get it soon sometimes next week or 2 to get ready for WOW MOP game, I can't wait to try ultra graphic, I hope i will have no lag at all lol even with 25 man raiding

I hope i will have no lag at all lol even with 25 man raiding
    Don't worry about it Won't be a problem at all!

Good luck!

I wanted to make sure, it will run fine with CS5 programs, correct? That's the last question I will ask lol

I wanted to make sure, it will run fine with CS5 programs, correct? That's the last question I will ask lol
    yes :P stop worrying :P

Also when I order them, will all the parts come at once in same day or some in different days?

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 07:50 PM ----------

Haha sorry, it's my 1st time to build computers so I wanted to be 1000% sure :P

If you order all of them from Newegg, they should all arrive at once, if you choose different suppliers, they won't ofc ^^

Ok got it, Any idea if it's cheap to get Window 7 full version and MS office 2010?

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 08:14 PM ----------

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Sh...px?Submit=view Total cost is $1,294.22 which included warranties and shipping. Let me know if I'm missing anything.