Chosing a fitting Video card for my old desktop computer

So ye.. here's my situation:
    I own a Asus G73-SW which I plan playing Guild Wars 2 on when released. The laptop ran the game very smooth during the beta weekends (FPS-wise), but It had some problems with the game aswell. Those problems also randomly occured at other games (problem being that the laptop randomly shutted of when playing, like it ran out of energy).
    Because of the problems my Asus G73-SW was having I had to return it for repair. I returned the laptop for repair last thursday (9th August) and the employ of the shop I bought the laptop at a year ago told me it could take 10 to 15 workdays.

This was the point when I started stressing out. As a huge fan of Guild Wars (2) and long since follower of the game in it's early developing stage, it was obvious for me to pre-order the game.
    However now I'm worrying I might not be able to play the game the 25th of August when the headstart starts.
    Later I got the idea to use my old desktop computer (Specs down below) to play the game on untill I get my laptop back. However the computer is in pretty bad 'shape'. After 'testing' the game on it last stresstest I came to the conclusion that this wasn't going to work; the game was unplayable at the lowest graphical settings.

Now as a last solution I am considering to buy a new video card for this desktop (Following "Canyourunit.com" advice; being the video card is making the game unplayable) . Only thing holding me back so far is that I have never replaced/inserted a video card and I have no idea which one to choose.

This is the part where I hope someone of you would be so kind to help me out.
    I would prefer to buy a very cheap video card which will make the game playable (even if that means min-medium settings).
    Also I'll post my computer's settings down this post as it may not be the smartest thing to trust "Canyourunit.com" blindly. Perhaps there are other parts of the computer which is making the game unplayable.

I thank you in advance for reading this long post and I hope someone would be so kind to help me, as I have no knowledge about computers whatsoever.

PS: Worth mentioning I believe is that when I start this desktop computer of mine I get a black screen telling me that the Hard Disk is imminent and I should have it replaced. As I haven't really used the computer a lot I didn't really bother replacing it and without replacing the hard disk it's still 'working'..
    Could this also cause Guild Wars 2 to be unplayable.

Desktop Computer Specs:

Hewlett-Packard Company

Model: SR5612NL

Processor: AMD Athlon™ Dual Core Processor 4450e 2.30 GHz

Memroy (RAM): 2.00GB

32 Bits system - Windows Vista

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

PPS: Please excuse my English, it's not my native language.
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

All the specs are very outdated mate, upgrading your GPU will still bottleneck everything else...

You'll most likely need to invest more than just a new GPU to run GW properly

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    All the specs are very outdated mate, upgrading your GPU will still bottleneck everything else...

You'll most likely need to invest more than just a new GPU to run GW properly
    Hm I was arleady afraid someone might say that :<
    But I'm not intending to play Guild Wars 2 on it for ever, just a few days till I get my Asus G73SW back. But even then a simple video card will not make Guild Wars 2 playable (even at low settings)?

Minimum Requirements:
    Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+
    Yours is below that, I doubt it'll run.

Yours is below that, I doubt it'll run.
    Ok :<.
    Now I'll just hope I get my laptop back in time so I won't have any issues at all..
    Thanks tho for the information you provided me with.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Ok :<.
    Now I'll just hope I get my laptop back in time so I won't have any issues at all..
    Thanks tho for the information you provided me with.
    Sorry to bring bad news Just don't want you to spend money on something that won't help anyways!

Sorry to bring bad news Just don't want you to spend money on something that won't help anyways!
    I saw no bad news just some random person spitting information that is wrong.

@op Depending on the game if its CPU dependant you will always have FPS issues, GW2 with a decent GPU like a $100~ will be playable on medium settings. Don't listen to people who can't even begin to explain why they bought what they bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    I saw no bad news just some random person spitting information that is wrong.

@op Depending on the game if its CPU dependant you will always have FPS issues, GW2 with a decent GPU like a $100~ will be playable on medium settings. Don't listen to people who can't even begin to explain why they bought what they bought.
    So you are saying with a ~100euro Video Card (GPU=Video Card??) the game will be playable? Despite the other specs?

Deleted
    So you are saying with a ~100euro Video Card (GPU=Video Card??) the game will be playable? Despite the other specs?
    No, he said "if the game is not cpu dependant".

Most MMOs are incredbiel CPU dependant.

Dont waste a single dollar/penny/euro on anything.

Its simply not worth it, wait for your laptop.