Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    "the saga never ends" i laughed
    Yea, that is funny. The Saga has already ended for about 75% of your subscriber base.....

Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    Hard to say this for sure. We are still in launch year, releasing features. I do not recall any WoW World events during the launch year. Though I might be wrong.
    Start counting at launch for SWTOR and DS patch for WoW and we could possibly have a valid discussion on the subject, comparing launch to launch when it comes to current content delivery is just plain stupid.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-08-17 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Start counting at launch for SWTOR and DS patch for WoW and we could possibly have a valid discussion on the subject, comparing launch to launch when it comes to current content delivery is just plain stupid.
    Ok how many world events has WoW added in that time? 0?
    SWTOR did 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Most of the races that are graphically playable and could be a class are simply humans with alien heads and different skin. They aren't exactly going to give you something that floats around on 100 tentacle legs as a Jedi or BH. Let's be a little understanding of the IP here.
    as much as I love the game, I really have to disagree here.
    you could still give all the races different bodies and animations, gamorreans are a fine example of how ridicoulus the bodies look on some races.

elfes and humans in wow could also have been given the exact same bodies, just different colors and some accessoires for the head like in swtor and go.
    but they didnt, they gave them different bodies and different animations.
    this is actually one of swtors faults, because people like stuff like that, especially in an mmo, and given the supposedly high budget, its really absurd they didnt provide that
    Last edited by moff; 2012-08-17 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    I did a more valid comparison earlier, TOR's launch to Cataclysms launch time period to time period, but i guess that doesnt count because it doesnt give you the answer you wanted?

Ok how many world events has WoW added in that time? 0?
    SWTOR did 2.
    Well it's obvious you're not interested in a intelligent discussion on the subject so I'll leave you to think that SWTOR is getting more content than WoW is, which I have no stake in either and think both fail horribly at delivering content at a reasonable pace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    And yet SWTOR crashed and burned (yes, I would say losing 75% of your population in 6 months is crash&burn) 6 months after release, while WoW thrived. SWTOR just proves that it's not about the quantity of your content...
    Cataclysm didnt thrive....losing 3 million players and circa $100,000,000 a quarter in revenue... your seriously goin' to say with a straight face that any of the dragon soul patches were quality?
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-08-17 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    I did a more valid comparison earlier, TOR's launch to Cataclysms launch time period to time period, but i guess that doesnt count because it doesnt give you the answer you wanted?
    And as I said we can come back to that once Mist is launched and this SWTOR patch is launched and compare again, as you conveniently left out Mists content.

Either way it's pointless to have this discussion as apparently no one here is interested in it but instead feel like bashing on WoW a bit while claiming SWTOR is the bomb y0!
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-08-17 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted
    And as I said we can come back to that once Mist is launched and this SWTOR patch is launched and compare again, as you conveniently left out Mists content.
    because lumping in expansion(pandas) and release content (TOR Launch) isnt like with like, its not content delivery, its in both cases years of development if your going to include the expansion then you'd have to include TORs launch...

Cataclysm: 21 months from the launch of that to the launch of Panda's Blizzard produced this Content _ im just going on Content delivered to players bewteen big releases, comparing like with like.

5 Dungeons ( Rehashed TBC and Vanilla Trolls, the 3 DS ones)
    18 raid bosses (8 in Firelands 8 in DS, BH bosses.)
    1 Event (Darkmoon faire)
    1 Daily Area (firelands)

Since TOR launched Bioware has given us in 8 months

2 dungeons
    8 raid bosses
    1 World boss
    1 New Warzone
    1 New Daily area
    2 World Events.

By my count in the next 13 months BW has to produce, 3 more flashpoints 10 raid bosses to exceed, you think they wont meet that? Add in A whole new planet being delivered with an increase in level cap, story content and skills, and anther new warzone, Raid and companion questline, and a belsavis daily area on the way and BW will far outdo WoW's content output.
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-08-17 at 03:08 PM.

By my count in the next 13 months BW has to produce, 3 more flashpoints 10 raid bosses to exceed, you think they wont meet that? Add in A whole new planet being delivered with an increase in level cap, story content and skills, and anther new warzone, Raid and companion questline, and a belsavis daily area on the way and BW will far outdo WoW's content output.
    And what will Mist contain at launch, what will it get over those 13 months, again you are using SWTOR's future content as an argument while discounting anything added to WoW, and to be fair I couldn't care how it's being delivered, content is content, even if you include all TOR launch content and all Mists content I still see them as being fairly equal over time.

Well it's obvious you're not interested in a intelligent discussion on the subject so I'll leave you to think that SWTOR is getting more content than WoW is, which I have no stake in either and think both fail horribly at delivering content at a reasonable pace.
    This is a valid point. WoW does have quite a few world events. And I did like them, especially Brewfest. But adding updated item numbers on gear does not make it new content. SWTOR released 2 world events that were entirely new. That is new content, and in the time frame stated. I fail to see how this is not relevant.

Deleted
    And what will Mist contain at launch, what will it get over those 13 months, again you are using SWTOR's future content as an argument while discounting anything added to WoW, and to be fair I couldn't care how it's being delivered, content is content, even if you include all TOR launch content and all Mists content I still see them as being fairly equal over time.
    Its okay i've had it with this, your just not reasonable at all and your minds made up despite the evidence to the contrary if you think Blizzard is producing more content, then more the fool you.

Your last statement is saying all the content in TORs launch is equal to Mists is just more proof of your bias, even the most ardent BW opposers would acknowledge that the 1to 50 levelling content and all the flashpoints and warznes on launch far outweights 5 levels of pandaria content, a few dungeons, a couple of facebook games and no raids at launch,
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-08-17 at 03:23 PM.

Its okay i've had it with this, your just not reasonable at all and your minds made up despite the evidence to the contrary if you think Blizzard is producing more content, then more the fool you.

Your last statement is saying all the content in TORs launch is equal to Mists is just more proof of your bias, even the most ardent BW opposers would acknowledge that the 1to 50 levelling content and all the flashpoints and warznes on launch far outweights 5 levels of pandaria content, a few dungeons, a couple of facebook games and no raids at launch,
    Your getting mad at
    Aylssa for being biased for comparing the games when you yourself are biased to TOR when you are calling the content to do outside of raiding/pvp "Facebook Games" as well as calming they will have no raids at launch which is completely false xD

This is a valid point. WoW does have quite a few world events. And I did like them, especially Brewfest. But adding updated item numbers on gear does not make it new content. SWTOR released 2 world events that were entirely new. That is new content, and in the time frame stated. I fail to see how this is not relevant.
    To illustrate it I'll ask you this then, how many new zones did BW make for events? 0?
    WoW did 1.

Comparing like that just leads nowhere, as I said we can start with DS launch and TOR launch and work from there, even by including everything up to and including Mists and this TOR patch we would probably see similar amounts of content delivered for the same amount of time, this only excludes development time prior to the starting point but as we can't gauge that without working for both companies it's pointless anyway.

It's more complex as well with stuff like Warzones/Battlegrounds as they are content that persists and doesn't need the same amount of delivery as it would saturate the population to much between them if you delivered to many. Same as events, while WoW's events are old they are still content that only comes around for limited time, hence why I chose to leave them out of it originally, including them juts begs for the discussion to come down to semantics and definitions of what's really content or new.

From this issue, actually not.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/1...cs-free-future

"Bromberg also teased a different style of space mission, saying, “we think there’s an opportunity beyond space on rails to do something really cool.” It sounds like that new style of space mission wouldn’t be ready until sometime next year."

So for now, its rail, but in the future, only time will tell.
    Wide open for interpretation: Perhaps he means it'll be space on tracks, not rails. Ot maybe it will be what a lot of folks have been asking for.

So a new space shoot-em up: Who knows what that'll mean?

Cathar playable? Yawn.

New operation? A good thing, and past due, but it's par for the course, and nothing to get terribly excited about. Don't get me wrong, this is indeed good, but it's what they should be putting out, and isn't anything behond the norm.

New planet? Here's what interests me the most. Have they learned their lessons from questing hubs? Since travel hasn't been changed, I'm unsure if they'll have done this. I feel that one of the biggest problems, the foundation of many of the in-game problems, has been the poor world design/travel/quest hub interface.

I'll be curious to find out whether BW has learned from its mistakes.

It all depends on how long this has been in the can. You know that they were going to put out something around the time MoP comes out. That's not a complaint, that's standard MMO business practice that all MMOs try and do - put out new content whenever a major rival is expected to appear, so as to try and keep players interested in the game they're playing, not go to a different one. Blizz has certainly done it, as have other games makers. i'd be unsurprised if they don't have something else in case GW2 takes even longer to be released.

But if this has been waiting around for a while, they may not have applied lessons that needed learning.
    Last edited by Aeka; 2012-08-17 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drigoly View Post
    so one new raid which will get boring after you have completed it once, a new star fox mission, another human race with thundercat faces and a new planet full of repetative stuff, so the game will just get more theme park stuff, that's so 2004 and won't safe the game...
    Now I am hardly a TOR fan but at least they are adding something. They've lost around three-quarters or more of their paying customers in less than a year, gone through a couple rounds of layoffs, and even had one of the developer's founders remove their name from his title. Honestly, I'm somewhat pleased that BioWare Austin is managing to add anything at all.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    and comparing launch for launch now are we? Last I heard that was unthinkable due to the time difference.
    The differences in the exact time period have already been discussed. Blizzard has Dragon Soul and nothing else during the span of SWTOR existing. Since that was not satisfactory, I gave a deflated comparison that reduced SWTOR's content in HALF to account for the only reason people can give as to why we can't compare the two launches. Even with the numbers cut in half, SWTOR has produced more overall content from launch.

Again as I said we can pick this up once Mist and this patch has launched, starting with DS patch for WoW and launch content for SWTOR, but I guess some other argument will be had then to show how BW is the pillar of the development community when it comes to content delivery.
    I'm not saynig Bioware is the pillar, just better than Blizzard. Blizzard has proven for 5 years now that they will take years to give us half assed, rehashed content. It is what drove me into the loving arms of this game. Do I think that it appears to be different for Mists? Yes.

I can't discern at this point in time whether they are going to launch with so much that we don't know what to do with it, or whether they might actually have a steady stream of content this xpac. I feel like the overall weight will be greater than SWTOR will achieve in the next year, but I tend to concede that point mainly because of the transition to F2P and the fact that WoW is in recovery mode.

Never said they produced more, I said they where about equal.

No I tried to establish a valid starting point, launch for TOR and DS patch for WoW, seems fair to me. As for the rest I don't even know what to say, I don't have any love for the facebook games my self but still it's content for the people that do like that stuff, a few dungeons and raids that will be available at launch just gated is content. Leveling content is pointless to bring in to this as it would lead us to need to include WoW's full leveling content to compare while disregarding anything else from before DS, just over complicating things.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    The differences in the exact time period have already been discussed. Blizzard has Dragon Soul and nothing else during the span of SWTOR existing.
    Which is fair enough and why I say lets include the TOR patch and Mists as Mists is the content developed during these months that are up for discussion, either way time will tell the outcome I suppose but as far as the current is concerned I don't see one standing out over the other, TOR more spread out while WoW has more meat per patch but in the end I don't see a wide difference.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-08-17 at 03:42 PM.

Alyssa has a point. If you break it down the content looks similar. Though I still give SWTOR a bit of an edge, its a new game and they have added many new features along with the content updates. However, I think Bioware's delivery is better. It makes you feel like you get more. A little less content more frequently instead of a huge patch then nothing for half a year or more. With the Blizzard system you finish the Raid content and have to wait for months before anything new is available. With the SWTOR system by the time you finish it seems there is another update on the horizon. They keep the carrot in front of the player much better.

15+ Year Old Account
    of all the races i will never understand why they chose cathar so many better options