Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    why is it ok for ppl who like MoP and the cinematic to post threads about how they love it, and by your oppinion those who dont should shut up?
    its a free forum, if he thinks blizz ruind his game with this xpac then he has the same right as you to come here and say so.
    if you dont like what he say , then you should shut up and move on.

being a wow forum doesnt mean it should be all rainbow and ponys, complains are welcome too. other wise its hypocrecy
    First of all, it's 'Hypocrisy'.

Secondly, as I just said. People are within their rights to complain when it's constructive, when it's reasonable. When all you're doing is spewing bitter bile and resentment about how everything is awful, you are adding nothing to the discussion, and you're definitely not being mature.

In fact, you're being rather childish.

See the difference?

If a bridge falls down, who do you listen to? The man that says the old bridge was fine, rebuild it, the man who argues and said the old bridge collapsed, this is how we'll improve it, or the guy that runs up, slaps both of them and then screams 'BRIDGES SUCKS, YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF QUEERS!"?

I know who I'd listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    As Mr. Hicks said, that is why you're a cocksucker. The great thing is, you can CHANGE it.
    Great argument there bro

I can't change WoW myself, I'm not part of the development team. The best I can do is bring light to the issues that are hurting it, and tell them how to fix it

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 08:11 AM ----------

First of all, it's 'Hypocrisy'.

Secondly, as I just said. People are within their rights to complain when it's constructive, when it's reasonable. When all you're doing is spewing bitter bile and resentment about how everything is awful, you are adding nothing to the discussion, and you're definitely not being mature.

In fact, you're being rather childish.

See the difference?

If a bridge falls down, who do you listen to? The man that says the old bridge was fine, rebuild it, the man who argues and said the old bridge collapsed, this is how we'll improve it, or the guy that runs up, slaps both of them and then screams 'BRIDGES SUCKS, YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF QUEERS!"?

I know who I'd listen to.
    I don't recall saying that at any point on this forum
    Last edited by Shadylol; 2012-08-18 at 12:09 PM.
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Great argument there bro

I can't change WoW myself, I'm not part of the development team. The best I can do is bring light to the issues that are hurting it, and tell them how to fix it
    Great selective reading, Bro.

And no you can't. You're not offering changes, you're not actually giving suggestions. You're whining that pandas are stupid. This is not raw data.

A good start would be basic reading comprehension, then you might have figured out what I said in my post the first time, and you wouldn't have posted such a stupid response.
    Last edited by Murdos; 2012-08-18 at 12:11 PM.

Great selective reading, Bro.

And no you can't. You're not offering changes, you're not actually giving suggestions. You're whining that pandas are stupid. This is not raw data.

A good start would be basic reading comprehension, then you might have figured out what I said in my post the first time, and you wouldn't have posted such a stupid response.
    Nah, that's false

I've offered plenty of suggestions on how to improve WoW. For example, I think that expansions should be themed on something that has to do with Warcraft, not silly panda men who wear funny hats
    Last edited by Shadylol; 2012-08-18 at 12:15 PM.
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Damn right it´s childish!

Ok. Like what? State some examples, otherwise you're just bitching into the wind.

Tell you what, write a long, detailed design document on what YOU think MOP should have been, and I'll listen. Otherwise all I hear is you crying.

Yes, crying. Because your only fallback point is 'Stupid panda men'.

Also that funny hat is a cultural artifact of a real-world nation. Nice racial shot as well, bro; since we're being intentionally facetious and obtuse.

Ok. Like what? State some examples, otherwise you're just bitching into the wind.

Tell you what, write a long, detailed design document on what YOU think MOP should have been, and I'll listen. Otherwise all I hear is you crying.

Yes, crying. Because your only fallback point is 'Stupid panda men'.

Also that funny hat is a cultural artifact of a real-world nation. Nice racial shot as well, bro; since we're being intentionally facetious and obtuse.
    As stated, I think that expansions should be themed on something that's relevant to Warcraft, not pandas

And I haven't said anything racist, I don't appreciate you twisting my words into a "racial shot"

As stated, I think that expansions should be themed on something that's relevant to Warcraft, not pandas

And I haven't said anything racist, I don't appreciate you twisting my words into a "racial shot"
    But Pandaren are relevant to Warcraft. They are part of the Warcraft universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's called a change of pace. We needed something different and not so dark on our hands. It changes the mood.
    Absolutely correct, and I predict the expansion after MoP will be really, really dark, with either the return of the Burning Legion or the "rise" of N'Zoth as the first Old God "final baddie" of an expansion (would be about Aszhara, the "forgotten" southern Iles, Neptulon's trident etc).

Then be specific or be silent. See, just saying; "You're doing it wrong" never helps anyone. What IS Warcraft themed? Should we have an expansion centering around swelling our Peon population to build more siege engines? One around rebuilding azeroth after the wake of the Cataclysm that's heavily focused on PVE content and resource management with some tower defense PVP?

Be. Specific. You're intentionally vague because all you're doing is complaining.

It really sucks when someone intentionally removes context from your words to make you look bad, doesn't it?

Maybe you should stop doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    Yet for some reason you still post here, even though you are without a doubt a pure blooded GW2 fanboy?

Gotta spread that hype for Colin?
    Or... they're someone who enjoys Guild Wars 2 but doesn't enjoy WoW. You are pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    I admire your passion for your favorite character, but If I were you I'd hesitate before drawing parallels between self-perceived societal malaise and how nerds feel about a fictional blob of green pixels created in 2001 by a guy called Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But Pandaren are relevant to Warcraft. They are part of the Warcraft universe.
    They're an April fool's joke. Would you like to see some other April fool's jokes from Blizzard?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ral-Interface/

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    GW2 sig, instantly nullifies your opinion on the matter. Quit talking out the ass, you are inferring the wrong idea and spitting it out as fact.

I really am glad people like you area leaving the WoW community, tbh if GW2 didn't even exist I doubt youd be here making this argument.
    People who play GW2 have an opinion, contrary to your belief. You seem to have some sort of vendetta against GW2, anyone who doesn't like WoW is instantly labeled a "GW2 fanboii".
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    I admire your passion for your favorite character, but If I were you I'd hesitate before drawing parallels between self-perceived societal malaise and how nerds feel about a fictional blob of green pixels created in 2001 by a guy called Chris.

People are so used to the grim-dark shit that anything that could make anybody crack a smile is now immediately branded as 'childish'.

Oh whoops, sorry, I guess I'll just go back to conjouring cupcakes on my pink haired pigtail'd gnome.
    "Bigheaded Poster" Bona-fied 100%, Grade-A Bigheaded. :3

They're an April fool's joke. Would you like to see some other April fool's jokes from Blizzard?

And yet they are part of the Warcraft universe, because Blizzard decided to write them into the lore, because people liked them.

They're an April fool's joke.
    Prove it.

Go on. Prove that Chen Stormstout was made intentionally to be nothing more then a gag. before April Fools was a Blizzard Tradition by the way.

Proof. That's part of the debate. I've backed all my claims with reason and fact. Time for you to do the same.

Burden of proof is on you. Provide it. Cite it, and source it. Or admit you're just spewing vomit on the forums out of hate and the desire for attention.

Dreadlord
    World of Warcraft is no more childish than playing cards, chess or ice hockey. It's just another game.

World of Warcraft is no more childish than reading the Lord of the Rings or Wheel of Time. It's just another story.

World of Warcraft is no more childish than watching the Game of Thrones. It's just another form of entertainment.

The target audience for computer and console games was aimed mostly at children to the beginning, and the vast majority of my parents generation bought computer games and consoles to their children but never for themselves, and they cared little of what this new kind of entertainment was - they viewed it in a way no diffrent than a toy. This school of thought is as outdated as conservative political views, but just as totalitarian regimes fall and LGBT-rights increase around the world as time goes by, so will this school of thought fall and those who view games not as childish but simply as the latest combination of entertainment, storytelling and games - things that have excisted in human adult society since ancient times - increase.

Anyone who would call World of Warcraft childish still has their mind in that old school of thought, they are like old people who do not want to embrace new technology. In time, you will all but disappear.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2012-08-18 at 12:29 PM.

Then be specific or be silent. See, just saying; "You're doing it wrong" never helps anyone. What IS Warcraft themed? Should we have an expansion centering around swelling our Peon population to build more siege engines? One around rebuilding azeroth after the wake of the Cataclysm that's heavily focused on PVE content and resource management with some tower defense PVP?

Be. Specific. You're intentionally vague because all you're doing is complaining.

It really sucks when someone intentionally removes context from your words to make you look bad, doesn't it?

Maybe you should stop doing it.
    It's not my job to fix their game. There's people who are paid to do that

As a consumer, I have an obligation, and pragmatic motivation to complain about what I find unacceptable, but as I am not a paid employee, or consultant of any kind, it's really not my job to clean up their mess

You know who else is a joke then? Rexxar.
    You know who else is a joke then? Vol'jin.

They were added after Samwise had some fun with making a christmas card, and people liked the idea. They didn't want to just shove them in at first, so they made them a little joke, and then gave them a big part in a campaign.
    "Bigheaded Poster" Bona-fied 100%, Grade-A Bigheaded. :3

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/pandaren.shtml

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Chen%27s_Empty_Keg

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 02:30 PM ----------

It's not my job to fix their game. There's people who are paid to do that

As a consumer, I have an obligation, and pragmatic motivation to complain about what I find unacceptable, but as I am not a paid employee, or consultant of any kind, it's really not my job to clean up their mess
    If you can't do a better job yourself, stop complaining. People like you are what's wrong with this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.