Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Great selective reading, Bro.

And no you can't. You're not offering changes, you're not actually giving suggestions. You're whining that pandas are stupid. This is not raw data.

A good start would be basic reading comprehension, then you might have figured out what I said in my post the first time, and you wouldn't have posted such a stupid response.
    Nah, that's false

I've offered plenty of suggestions on how to improve WoW. For example, I think that expansions should be themed on something that has to do with Warcraft, not silly panda men who wear funny hats
    Last edited by Shadylol; 2012-08-18 at 12:15 PM.
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    Damn right it´s childish!

Ok. Like what? State some examples, otherwise you're just bitching into the wind.

Tell you what, write a long, detailed design document on what YOU think MOP should have been, and I'll listen. Otherwise all I hear is you crying.

Yes, crying. Because your only fallback point is 'Stupid panda men'.

Also that funny hat is a cultural artifact of a real-world nation. Nice racial shot as well, bro; since we're being intentionally facetious and obtuse.

Ok. Like what? State some examples, otherwise you're just bitching into the wind.

Tell you what, write a long, detailed design document on what YOU think MOP should have been, and I'll listen. Otherwise all I hear is you crying.

Yes, crying. Because your only fallback point is 'Stupid panda men'.

Also that funny hat is a cultural artifact of a real-world nation. Nice racial shot as well, bro; since we're being intentionally facetious and obtuse.
    As stated, I think that expansions should be themed on something that's relevant to Warcraft, not pandas

And I haven't said anything racist, I don't appreciate you twisting my words into a "racial shot"
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    As stated, I think that expansions should be themed on something that's relevant to Warcraft, not pandas

And I haven't said anything racist, I don't appreciate you twisting my words into a "racial shot"
    But Pandaren are relevant to Warcraft. They are part of the Warcraft universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's called a change of pace. We needed something different and not so dark on our hands. It changes the mood.
    Absolutely correct, and I predict the expansion after MoP will be really, really dark, with either the return of the Burning Legion or the "rise" of N'Zoth as the first Old God "final baddie" of an expansion (would be about Aszhara, the "forgotten" southern Iles, Neptulon's trident etc).

Then be specific or be silent. See, just saying; "You're doing it wrong" never helps anyone. What IS Warcraft themed? Should we have an expansion centering around swelling our Peon population to build more siege engines? One around rebuilding azeroth after the wake of the Cataclysm that's heavily focused on PVE content and resource management with some tower defense PVP?

Be. Specific. You're intentionally vague because all you're doing is complaining.

It really sucks when someone intentionally removes context from your words to make you look bad, doesn't it?

Maybe you should stop doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    Yet for some reason you still post here, even though you are without a doubt a pure blooded GW2 fanboy?

Gotta spread that hype for Colin?
    Or... they're someone who enjoys Guild Wars 2 but doesn't enjoy WoW. You are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But Pandaren are relevant to Warcraft. They are part of the Warcraft universe.
    They're an April fool's joke. Would you like to see some other April fool's jokes from Blizzard?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ral-Interface/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    GW2 sig, instantly nullifies your opinion on the matter. Quit talking out the ass, you are inferring the wrong idea and spitting it out as fact.

I really am glad people like you area leaving the WoW community, tbh if GW2 didn't even exist I doubt youd be here making this argument.
    People who play GW2 have an opinion, contrary to your belief. You seem to have some sort of vendetta against GW2, anyone who doesn't like WoW is instantly labeled a "GW2 fanboii".

People are so used to the grim-dark shit that anything that could make anybody crack a smile is now immediately branded as 'childish'.

Oh whoops, sorry, I guess I'll just go back to conjouring cupcakes on my pink haired pigtail'd gnome.
    BIG CHUNKUS

Deleted
    They're an April fool's joke. Would you like to see some other April fool's jokes from Blizzard?

And yet they are part of the Warcraft universe, because Blizzard decided to write them into the lore, because people liked them.

They're an April fool's joke.
    Prove it.

Go on. Prove that Chen Stormstout was made intentionally to be nothing more then a gag. before April Fools was a Blizzard Tradition by the way.

Proof. That's part of the debate. I've backed all my claims with reason and fact. Time for you to do the same.

Burden of proof is on you. Provide it. Cite it, and source it. Or admit you're just spewing vomit on the forums out of hate and the desire for attention.

World of Warcraft is no more childish than playing cards, chess or ice hockey. It's just another game.

World of Warcraft is no more childish than reading the Lord of the Rings or Wheel of Time. It's just another story.

World of Warcraft is no more childish than watching the Game of Thrones. It's just another form of entertainment.

The target audience for computer and console games was aimed mostly at children to the beginning, and the vast majority of my parents generation bought computer games and consoles to their children but never for themselves, and they cared little of what this new kind of entertainment was - they viewed it in a way no diffrent than a toy. This school of thought is as outdated as conservative political views, but just as totalitarian regimes fall and LGBT-rights increase around the world as time goes by, so will this school of thought fall and those who view games not as childish but simply as the latest combination of entertainment, storytelling and games - things that have excisted in human adult society since ancient times - increase.

Anyone who would call World of Warcraft childish still has their mind in that old school of thought, they are like old people who do not want to embrace new technology. In time, you will all but disappear.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2012-08-18 at 12:29 PM.

Then be specific or be silent. See, just saying; "You're doing it wrong" never helps anyone. What IS Warcraft themed? Should we have an expansion centering around swelling our Peon population to build more siege engines? One around rebuilding azeroth after the wake of the Cataclysm that's heavily focused on PVE content and resource management with some tower defense PVP?

Be. Specific. You're intentionally vague because all you're doing is complaining.

It really sucks when someone intentionally removes context from your words to make you look bad, doesn't it?

Maybe you should stop doing it.
    It's not my job to fix their game. There's people who are paid to do that

As a consumer, I have an obligation, and pragmatic motivation to complain about what I find unacceptable, but as I am not a paid employee, or consultant of any kind, it's really not my job to clean up their mess

You know who else is a joke then? Rexxar.
    You know who else is a joke then? Vol'jin.

They were added after Samwise had some fun with making a christmas card, and people liked the idea. They didn't want to just shove them in at first, so they made them a little joke, and then gave them a big part in a campaign.
    BIG CHUNKUS

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/pandaren.shtml

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Chen%27s_Empty_Keg

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 02:30 PM ----------

It's not my job to fix their game. There's people who are paid to do that

As a consumer, I have an obligation, and pragmatic motivation to complain about what I find unacceptable, but as I am not a paid employee, or consultant of any kind, it's really not my job to clean up their mess
    If you can't do a better job yourself, stop complaining. People like you are what's wrong with this world.

Deleted
    WoW is childish NOW, not BEFORE. You may deny it all you want, but you're simply blind if you can't see that they passed the allowed limits. Ok stupid pooping quest, ok whole retarded gnome race, fine, unpleasant but can live with it. But FRAKING PANDAS? Have you even seen them? Their looks, their emotes, their quest when they join some faction? It's a fucking kindergarden. WoW used to be brutal and serious, with epic story and world and music and everything. Ofc it always had "some" degree of childish crap in it, but it could be ignored. Not anymore. In fact, MoP cinematic perfectly and probably unwillingly shows the degradation of WoW. It starts out awesomely, with Alliance and Horde ships sinking each other and human and orc fighting for survival and then it tranforms into some fucking kiddie crap with "funny" faces and funny panda kicking their both asses. BULLSHIT.
    Last edited by mmocf401b74080; 2012-08-18 at 12:32 PM.

Thus Shadylol forfeits the debate, he's wrong. I'm right.

He's admitted he's bitching, and is too lazy to do more then do that. He's a child that's crying about his spilt milk, and will be admonished, then ignored as such.

Deleted
    The original joke was about the Pandaren being a playable race in WC3: Reign of Chaos.
    People liked them, so they put Chen Stormstout into WC3: The Frozen Throne, for the bonus campaign.
    He wasn't really necessary for the story - it works fine without him. But they put him in because people liked the idea of the Pandaren, so they wrote them into the lore.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-08-18 at 12:34 PM.