10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Witch Doctor blog

Good read. I like what they're doing with dogs. Making them stronger is awesome. They need to look at Sacrifice though, it feels like that spell is at odds with itself. Somewhat disappointed they didn't look at garg zombie. Witch Doctors have IMO the most "neat" spells of all the classes and it's certainly good we'll be getting some more build variety thanks to buffs.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo every WD was apparently a VQ Zombie bear spammer? The other forums are riddled with tears haha

VQ change makes me retire my WD. I do not want a pet build, and they are apparently trying to force us into it. Guess I can stay on my barb from now on. Definetly will not be going back to my old main, my monk, as they are as bad as ever.

This new VQ is just flat terrible. VQ zombie bears is not the only VQ build, some ran with bats to, or just acid rain. Good luck with that now, as you will still be oom in seconds, with vq running.

vq and base mana equal 80 mana
    vq and base mana and weapon 10 helm 8 equal 152 mana

and thats not even enough to spam bears with no attackspeed gear and wd weapon 1.4 attackspeed.

new
    vq and base mana equal 58,5 mana
    vq and base mana weapon 10 helm 8 equal 81,9

lawl. Have fun shooting three bears then oom! Or four bats! Or four rains! GL killing things with that in act III+

Luckily for everyone but Auguine, a viable pet build is what every WD wanted since launch. VQ can bite me. It's a terrible terrible mechanic and deserves to die. I may even reinstall after reading this... maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comis View Post
    Luckily for everyone but Auguine, a viable pet build is what every WD wanted since launch. VQ can bite me. It's a terrible terrible mechanic and deserves to die. I may even reinstall after reading this... maybe.
    What puzzles me then is why they didn't look at Garg Zombie? or make fetish sycophants more attractive? The zombie dog buff is good but much more is needed I think. The dogs by themselves have very little synergy with any other abilities (aside from Sacrifice which is imo a bad synergy) and just summoning dogs and having them fight for you is kinda boring. The other stuff needs attention to.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    What puzzles me then is why they didn't look at Garg Zombie? or make fetish sycophants more attractive? The zombie dog buff is good but much more is needed I think. The dogs by themselves have very little synergy with any other abilities (aside from Sacrifice which is imo a bad synergy) and just summoning dogs and having them fight for you is kinda boring. The other stuff needs attention to.
    Its a preview and not patch notes.

And people moaning about patch notes are just silly, we work like other classes now. Build up our resource with weak attacks then spam our big spenders (bears etc).
    It was seriously bad design to waste 4 cd's just to use 1 ability, this change is great and look forward to the patch.

Hell i even thought of the idea with primary attacks giving mana to unleash a big attack a month or so back
    Last edited by Funt Case; 2012-08-17 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    VQ change makes me retire my WD. I do not want a pet build, and they are apparently trying to force us into it. Guess I can stay on my barb from now on. Definetly will not be going back to my old main, my monk, as they are as bad as ever.

This new VQ is just flat terrible. VQ zombie bears is not the only VQ build, some ran with bats to, or just acid rain. Good luck with that now, as you will still be oom in seconds, with vq running.

vq and base mana equal 80 mana
    vq and base mana and weapon 10 helm 8 equal 152 mana

and thats not even enough to spam bears with no attackspeed gear and wd weapon 1.4 attackspeed.

new
    vq and base mana equal 58,5 mana
    vq and base mana weapon 10 helm 8 equal 81,9

lawl. Have fun shooting three bears then oom! Or four bats! Or four rains! GL killing things with that in act III+

I guess you missed the part where 2 handers are going to be buffed. They will likely be the weapon of choice for WD because of the mana saved with less casts needed.

Deleted
    The annoying thing is that if they nerf VQ then a lot of people's tankdocta gear (which has most likely cost them millions if theyre in act4) will be mostly useless. Personally I found tankdocta/bear spam very boring so I welcome a new direction, however I do love dire bats spam as it takes skill to hit things with the slower moving bats but when they do it's very satisfying. I'll have to see if the damage increase on bats still makes it viable. I really dislike darts, spamming it is imho incredibly boring so I hope theres a good alternative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    Its a preview and not patch notes.

And people moaning about patch notes are just silly, we work like other classes now. Build up our resource with weak attacks then spam our big spenders (bears etc).
    It was seriously bad design to waste 4 cd's just to use 1 ability, this change is great and look forward to the patch.

Hell i even thought of the idea with primary attacks giving mana to unleash a big attack a month or so back
    Pretty much this. The previews are not an entire sum of all changes to the class, just ones they want to speak about now. They have probably buffed any about every other ability to make them more "viable" but if they listed every change they were making, they would probably read more like novels than previews.

Also VQ was a terrible passive. Rather glad they changed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are giving them a bit to much credit I think. They mentioned lots of other skills, even in just passing by saying we are buffing their dmg or fixing their attack animations. Garg Zombie wasn't even blurbed.
    The hammer comes down:

I think it's safe to assume that Garg will get a fairly similar treatment to Zombie Dogs. (It would be very illogical not to, since it shares the same fate as ZD)
    It's also quite obvious that our primary spells will get some buffs so Splinters won't be the only one that actually does damage.

WTB patch notes!
    Last edited by nevermore; 2012-08-17 at 05:21 PM.

The vision quest change is awesome. No longer will the class be about wasting cooldowns on trash to spam 1 ability. Now it will actually require a brain to play WDs and now multiple builds are viable. I didn't roll a WD so I could spam 1 ability.

The people complaining are ridiculous. Heaven forbid the should actually have to think about what abilities they are going to put on their action bar and why.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are giving them a bit to much credit I think. They mentioned lots of other skills, even in just passing by saying we are buffing their dmg or fixing their attack animations. Garg Zombie wasn't even blurbed.
    thats why he used the words "not limited to". We have no idea what other abilities are getting, but we do know they are getting something.

Im looking forward to playing my WD in Inferno past act 1.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2012-08-17 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    thats why he used the words "not limited to". We have no idea what other abilities are getting, but we do know they are getting something.

Im looking forward to playing my WD in Inferno past act 1.
    Right and still they didn't mention garg zombie. 90% of the wd abilties were mentioned even if it was just IN PASSING. Nothing on Garg Zombie or Sacrifice.
    The hammer comes down:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comme...doctor/c5ud5pd

Please stop complaining about Garg not getting touched because it is. Like they said multiple times in every single blog post not all class changes were mentioned in the blogs. Please stop overreacting over nothing.
    LOLINFRACTED

10+ Year Old Account
    Right and still they didn't mention garg zombie. 90% of the wd abilties were mentioned even if it was just IN PASSING. Nothing on Garg Zombie or Sacrifice.
    There is a reddit link in the post above, it confirms the garg is getting a similar buff. And ~ It looks like there is another post saying the patch will be released next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post

Please stop complaining about Garg not getting touched because it is. Like they said multiple times in every single blog post not all class changes were mentioned in the blogs. Please stop overreacting over nothing.
    Listen man if it wasn't mentioned in the preview in tldr format it doesn't exist.

BLIZZARD ALWAYS SCREWS THE FANS OVER. ALWAYS! THERE IS ONLY DARKNESS IN THE TUNNEL. WHO CARES IF IT'S A TUNNEL AND THAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE DARK?!ELEVEN!
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-08-18 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post

That's good to hear. I'm glad they made a blue post about it. I'm sorry if I don't accept the communities word that they will do something. Given the condition that the game and patch 1.03 were released in I think a little bit of skepticism is valid here.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-18 at 03:53 AM.
    The hammer comes down: