diablo 2 holy shield

make it a glyph

You make a compelling and particularly well worded argument.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I approve this idea. Maybe a race-specific icon/symbol of the shield would be also worth thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    make it a glyph
    Best. Suggestion. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by wdmshmo View Post
    Best. Suggestion. Ever.
    SO SO true!

You make a compelling and particularly well worded argument.
    this made my day
    but its a good idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    make it a glyph
    So you want to make an incredibly powerful defensive ability tied entirely to a glyph, with no apparent restriction to spec? That's a horrible idea. It would either have to have a major CD, or be so weak as to be worthless.

Even if it was tied solely to Protection, it would basically be an active version of the mastery, but with an increase to ShotR's damage instead of WoG's healing. We don't need another active CD. Not to mention it would put Prot's on-demand damage reduction above and beyond what the other tanks have available.

There's really no reason for it, other than "hey, we made a D2 ability in WoW!", and that's not good game design at all.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Nah Malthanis I think they should make a wow version of the hammerdin in wow Insta teleport with no CD and Blessed Hammer lolAoE/singletarget 100k per Hammer :3

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    So you want to make an incredibly powerful defensive ability tied entirely to a glyph, with no apparent restriction to spec? That's a horrible idea. It would either have to have a major CD, or be so weak as to be worthless.

Even if it was tied solely to Protection, it would basically be an active version of the mastery, but with an increase to ShotR's damage instead of WoG's healing. We don't need another active CD. Not to mention it would put Prot's on-demand damage reduction above and beyond what the other tanks have available.

There's really no reason for it, other than "hey, we made a D2 ability in WoW!", and that's not good game design at all.
    My personal interpretation was that the OP was referring to a cosmetic glyph. One that would make our shields look like the one Diablo 2 Paladins would get when the skill was active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    My personal interpretation was that the OP was referring to a cosmetic glyph. One that would make our shields look like the one Diablo 2 Paladins would get when the skill was active.
    Yeah, that's what I got out of it too. Not that the OP was particularly explicit.
    A bitter and opinionated individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Idrael View Post
    Nah Malthanis I think they should make a wow version of the hammerdin in wow Insta teleport with no CD and Blessed Hammer lolAoE/singletarget 100k per Hammer :3
    You'd have to find an "Enigma" armor - as the instant teleport sans cd was not actually part of the hammerdin skillset - (not that everyone and there mother didn't abuse that OP'd duped to hell runeword :P)