Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Simple summary - you did some stuff someone else didn't like, so they got angry and did something stupid.

Nothing mysterious, just really sad.

I imagine that some people consider it suspicious that a terrorist cell was capable of pulling off an incredibly complex and precise attack. How difficult do you believe it would be to hijack a jet and fly it several hundred miles and then manually ram it into a target that is about 100 feet across? Now imagine coordinating that x4, and actually having 3 out of the 4 attacks land perfectly. Also keep in mind that jets like the ones hijacked are not meant to be flown the way you would fly a single engine plane, your flight path is usually dictated by a combination of computers and instructions from air traffic control as well as beacons on the ground used to guide planes in on approach. These guys were capable of doing something that would be extremely difficult for even a seasoned pilot with hundreds of hours experience, with only flight simulator training. (and i'm sure they don't have flight simulators for crashing planes into specific buildings)

Any person capable of critical thinking would just look at these obvious facts and come to the conclusion that the circumstances involved would suggest that the probability of this attack succeeding was almost a statistical impossibility.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    The only problem this whole conspiracy theory has is that 9/11 did so much damage to the USA as whole, especially economy. So what would be the point to do 9/11 by goverment, oil? More control over citizens? Really hard to rationalize the conspiracy theory considering what happens to USA nowadays.
    My money is on false flag attack. False flag attacks have been used commonly by governments throughout history to control their people or to make them think a certain way.

This video sums it up pretty well in under 5 minutes.

I find it odd that on 9/11 the US was running an exercise involving planes crashing into the WTC. Same with the 7/7 bombings, an exercise involving bombing the exact same stations. Coincidence??? ...C'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Type in 9/11 conpiracy watch that stuff and apply it to what you believe. The results are crazy.
    Indeed they are crazy, which is why most of those claims are flat out wrong or already debunked. Disproven claims are not evidence.

What actual, valid evidence do you think there is to support the claim that it's a conspiracy? Afterall you're the one making the claim that there is such a side to your coin.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Okay, then what evidence is there for a conspiracy? Once again, having an opinion doesn't constitute evidence.
    This isn't evidence but they are indisputable facts.

1 - Towers fell perfectly, very similar to remote detonation.
    2 - Officially a plane hit the pentagon.
    3 - No bodies recovered from the pentagon, but a plane full of people allegedly hit it.
    4 - A third unrelated tower fell near ground zero, perfectly - also suggesting another remote detonation.

Unreliable Evidence (Eye witness)

1 - A lady working in the Pentagon claimed she heard the bomb go off, she left her office and existed the building from the hole the bomb created. If a plane had hit it, she would not be able to walk out as it would be covered in wreckage. No video evidence was ever released of the 'plane' hitting the pentagon, that place is covered in cameras yet no evidence? One video exists and its said the plane was just above view from the camera.

2 - Clean up crews and fire fighters claim to have seen the black boxes that were never found, and witnessed government officials take them.

3 - Yes these people had their jobs and places or work confirmed while interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Any person capable of critical thinking would just look at these obvious facts and come to the conclusion that the circumstances involved would suggest that the probability of this attack succeeding was almost a statistical impossibility.
    Any person capable of critical thinking would actually understand how simple it is to guide something moving even at very fast speeds into a giant landmark. Also, they botched the Pentagon one, as they hit the ground before the Pentagon, causing a lot of the energy to be absorbed by the ground instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You weren't having an open discussion the moment you responded to a request for evidence with "not my problem".

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 07:07 AM ----------

How are you supposed to criticise the evidence of someone not sharing them?
    Man, someone that starts off with the idea that HIS ideas are right and the others are wrong NO MATTER WHAT is a person not worthy of a discussion.
    I told you 17 times imma tell you again, im no conspiracy nut YOU DONT KNOW what i think on the matter cause i DID NOT TELL YOU.
    Neither i desire to do such thing.
    I haven't even told you what i think (my ideas might be closer to yours more than you think) and you already mark me has a conspiracy nutcase.
    Think something good might come out of it?
    Not everyone is looking for a fight, some people want to discuss you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I'm just a dumb grunt, and the evil, psychotic war crimes I've seen the government order soldiers to do, and then threaten with death or in some cases have "fragged" for fear of them speaking out leads me to believe that there is a lot darker side to the American govt than most of us will ever know.
    What unit are you in? I was an infantryman in the 101st myself, and I never once saw anything even remotely like that.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I imagine that some people consider it suspicious that a terrorist cell was capable of pulling off an incredibly complex and precise attack. How difficult do you believe it would be to hijack a jet and fly it several hundred miles and then manually ram it into a target that is about 100 feet across? Now imagine coordinating that x4, and actually having 3 out of the 4 attacks land perfectly. Also keep in mind that jets like the ones hijacked are not meant to be flown the way you would fly a single engine plane, your flight path is usually dictated by a combination of computers and instructions from air traffic control as well as beacons on the ground used to guide planes in on approach. These guys were capable of doing something that would be extremely difficult for even a seasoned pilot with hundreds of hours experience, with only flight simulator training. (and i'm sure they don't have flight simulators for crashing planes into specific buildings)

Speaking of statistical impossibilities, do you believe that the government could pull off a massive conspiracy of the scale required without anybody leaking anything, or catching something on video they shouldn't have? with all the millions of things that could potentially go wrong? Or is it that 100s of people did find out and they were all assassinated by NSA super spys?

This link may also help conspiracy theorists:

Occam's razor

I highly doubt the goverment blew up the WTC or the Pentagon to get us into wars that totaled our economy for the sake of oil, lithium and whatever else is there.

What if a few decades ago, some corporate CEOs (Doesn't have to be American) hired a private military corporation and ended up brutally wiping out a village in the middle east to find some resources? Would you be shocked or not even surprised? It's obvious that all governments keep secrets but eventually some of them get found out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The U.S. government being involved in 9/11 is a common conspiracy theory, which we do not allow here