Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Romney: ‘I never paid less than 13 percent’ in taxes

It's hard to even know if this is true since Romney REFUSES to release his tax information. Which is ironic because he seems to take offense at the fact that people don't just assume what he says. Regardless...

That being said, I have never paid less than 33% in taxes, and still struggle to eat and if I get sick, I simply don't go to the doctor. I really don't understand how people can justify allowing millionaires to openly pay a third of what we pay in taxes -- when in reality, most of us are struggling to survive -- and most Millionaires could be taxed 90% and still live fatter than any of us ever will. Yet Romney claims that the rich are in dire need of ANOTHER tax break.

I thought we left England to get away from being heavily taxed by dictators?

It genuinely embarrasses me that the rest of the world is witnessing first hand how corrupt our government is, and how the majority of Americans are so desperate that they don't even speak out against these atrocities.
    Last edited by Jersovic; 2012-08-17 at 06:43 AM.

another one of these threads? Can't you just go up to the top and post in the political threads like everyone else? This should be locked down just like the rest. Creating a new thread to keep bashing the same pinata is redundant.

No, they cannot, as they have to spout off as much propaganda as they can to try and brainwash weak minded people (Like birthers)

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 02:27 AM ----------

Oh and by the way, you can pay less taxes to, if you worked harder.

I hate someone because he is smarter/has better accountants then me!! No fair!

Who care's about his tax rate? It's not like he paid $3 million more that all the people bitching about his tax forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    No, they cannot, as they have to spout off as much propaganda as they can to try and brainwash weak minded people (Like birthers)

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 02:27 AM ----------

Worked harder? SO by going on 36 hour patrols, and sleeping less than 4 hours in between for years at a time = I'm not working hard enough, and deserve to be taxed harder than someone whose father was a Millionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    Worked harder? SO by going on 36 hour patrols, and sleeping less than 4 hours in between for years at a time = I'm not working hard enough, and deserve to be taxed harder than someone whose father was a Millionaire?
    Fine then. Worked smarter than you. Better?

I can't wait till it comes out "What I meant was 13% of this years income was paid in taxes spread out over the course of 30 years."

I'm sure they will leave this thread open for a few days, as it insults Romeny. The obama one was locked within hours. Interesting, isn't it?

I'm sure they will leave this thread open for a few days, as it insults Romeny. The obama one was locked within hours. Interesting, isn't it?
    Is this the new meme among conservatives on this board?

Quote Originally Posted by teh piemore View Post
    And how is that? By being born a millionaire? I couldn't even get financial aid, and had to work full time in high school to help my parents from losing our house. The only way I could ever see the inside of a college class room was by going over and fighting in a war zone, and now "I'm stupid" for not being born into fortunate circumstances? Right.

I guarantee you won't find many other high school drop outs with a 4-year degree, and no college debt.

I'm quite sure a thread about Romney being born in Mexico or some other nonsense would be closed rather quickly.

The ultimate irony is that Romney himself is making it worse more than if he would just repeat the line of "I released all that I was legally required to." Instead, he willfully decides to bring up the 13 percent again (Which, regardless of the type of income he paid it on, seems low to people), while is wife tosses fuel on the fire as well, stating that the more they release, the greater their problems.

Its funny watching Conservatives talk about how Obama is exploiting this weakness in Romney, when Romney himself is making it almost as bad as Obama and the Democrats have made it out to be.

The difference is that we know Obama wasn't born in Kenya. We don't know what is in Romney's tax returns, therefore the unknown factor of this situation still allows for speculation, regardless if you think this is a legitimate issue or not. If you can't see the difference between this and birtherism, then you're either an ideologue or you're not looking hard enough.

I'm sure being born a millionaire is a slight boon to your chances at being more successful than Johnny Middle Class whose family makes 50k a year. You seem to be seriously underestimating how much being born wealthy is helpful.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-08-17 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teh piemore View Post
    Damn that one semen outsmarted them all others and pushed in first.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I am sure the IRS would cooperate if he were to submit to an audit, then the IRS could basically say "we will not release any specific figures, but Mitt Romney has paid all the taxes he was required to for the past 7 years". Problem solved, unless of course the problem is that he hasn't in which case he should stick with the current routine.

Ahh, this thread again. Since you only read sensationalist headlines, "Adding in his contributions to charity, Romney said, bumped up his tax rate to "well above 20 percent."" Also, maybe you would be able to help me out, 13% of 1 million vs 33% of 50,000 ... I just can't figure out which one is bigger, especially when he probably doesn't use the same social programs as you and also pays a lot more in other taxes.

I don't know how you can go on 36 hour patrols and sleep for less than 4 hours between them, everything I know about human biology and physiology says you're lying.
    Last edited by Obsession; 2012-08-17 at 07:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike Nixon, Romney IS a crook.

Ahh, this thread again. Since you only read sensationalist headlines, "Adding in his contributions to charity, Romney said, bumped up his tax rate to "well above 20 percent.""
    You can't change the parameters to make it seem like you paid more than you did by playing semantics. Hell, charity is used to lower the amount you pay.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-08-17 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Is this the new meme among conservatives on this board?

Yes, as it is fair that threads about obama are locked within hours, and threads only designed to insult romney are left open for days on end.

Then you whine about fox news. Odd, seems almost like a double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I thought we left England to get away from being heavily taxed by dictators?
    I don't think you understand the US Revolutionary War as much as you think you do.

I also don't think you understand how taxes in America work and why they work that way. While I do not agree with a lot of what Mitt Romney believes in, I think you are just speaking out of spite or ignorance. If Millionaires were taxed at a rate of 90%, many of them would just leave the country. Also, how is it fair to tax them more? Because they have done well and have money? My household makes 200k+ a year while we could live off almost half that. Should the government increase my taxes because I have more money than another person?
    \

Yes, as it is fair that threads about obama are locked within hours, and threads only designed to insult romney are left open for days on end.

Then you whine about fox news. Odd, seems almost like a double standard.
    Conservatives are AMAZING at playing the victim. John Stewart did a great segment about it. Faux News made an industry out of it.

If you make it so blatantly ignorantly general as to, "This conservative post about Obama is locked, while the "liberal" one about Romney isn't," then perhaps I could see where you're coming from. However, you have to be either of extremely low intelligence or throwing a fit just to throw a fit because you dislike what is being said if you try an argue that pro-Romney/anti-Obama threads are being locked just because they are pro-Romney/anti-Obama.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-08-17 at 07:45 AM.