Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    Yes, as it is fair that threads about obama are locked within hours, and threads only designed to insult romney are left open for days on end.

Then you whine about fox news. Odd, seems almost like a double standard.
    Who's whining about fox news? And this might blow your mind: I've been banned like 6 times.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Conservatives are AMAZING at playing the victim. John Stewart did a great segment about it. Faux News made an industry out of it.

Look at the last two locked thread about this presidential election. Anti-romney one left open for days. Anti-obama one closed in a few short hours. How is that "playing the victim"? Is it considered to be "playing" when its a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post
    I don't think you understand the US Revolutionary War as much as you think you do.

I also don't think you understand how taxes in America work and why they work that way. While I do not agree with a lot of what Mitt Romney believes in, I think you are just speaking out of spite or ignorance. If Millionaires were taxed at a rate of 90%, many of them would just leave the country. Also, how is it fair to tax them more? Because they have done well and have money? My household makes 200k+ a year while we could live off almost half that. Should the government increase my taxes because I have more money than another person?
    I would be fine taxing them at the same rate as everybody else, just as long as you got rid of all the loop holes that reduce that down to pretty much 1%. But how much he paid isn't really relevant, whether or not he paid everything he was supposed to is the real question.

Look at the last two locked thread about this presidential election. Anti-romney one left open for days. Anti-obama one closed in a few short hours. How is that "playing the victim"? Is it considered to be "playing" when its a fact?
    Ever thought it might be due to the merits of conversations going on in said threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teh piemore View Post
    Fine then. Worked smarter than you. Better?
    Worked smarter by being born into a much wealthier family? Yes, that takes real smarts.

Conservatives are AMAZING at playing the victim. John Stewart did a great segment about it. Faux News made an industry out of it.

If you make it so blatantly ignorantly general as to, "This conservative post about Obama is locked, while the "liberal" one about Romney isn't," then perhaps I could see where you're coming from. However, you have to be either of extremely low intelligence or throwing a fit just to throw a fit because you dislike what is being said if you try an argue that pro-Romney/anti-Obama threads are being locked just because they are pro-Romney/anti-Obama.

Or, get THIS: threads about romney and obama belong in there respective threads, yet this crap is posted again and again in an obvious attempt to brainwash people.

All they have been doing is locking threads that are having conversations identical or similar to ones that have been occurring in the mega-threads, including ones that are anti-Romney, pro-Obama.

Or ones that have absolutely 0 intellectual merit in the conversations.

Or, get THIS: threads about romney and obama belong in there respective threads, yet this crap is posted again and again in an obvious attempt to brainwash people.
    Yes, clearly the OP was trying to brainwash people.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-08-17 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Ever thought it might be due to the merits of conversations going on in said threads?
    Lol, I am shocked! You think the anti-romney threads have good conversation, while the anti-obama ones do not! Weird! Isn't that just strange?

I could make a post right now that was incredibly well written pointing out flaws in obama; it would be locked within the hour. Told to post in the campaign thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Worked smarter by being born into a much wealthier family? Yes, that takes real smarts.
    Born into 190-250 million? He may have been born into a nice chuck of cash, but it sure as hell wasn't were he got it all.

All they have been doing is locking threads that are having conversations identical or similar to ones that have been occurring in the mega-threads, including ones that are anti-Romney, pro-Obama.
    "A fact (derived from the Latin factum, see below) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is whether it can be proven to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable experiments."

It is something that really occurred, and is actually the case. What I said is a verifiable FACT.

Lol, I am shocked! You think the anti-romney threads have good conversation, while the anti-obama ones do not! Weird! Isn't that just strange?

I could make a post right now that was incredibly well written pointing out flaws in obama; it would be locked within the hour. Told to post in the campaign thread.
    Then post in the campaign threads. You're honestly making an issue where there is one in order to play the victim card. You've done it with every single one of your posts in this thread. Its shit like this that gets threads locked.

You disagree with the OP? With people in the thread? Then have actual intellectual responses to them as to why you disagree and your logic behind disagreeing. Don't just start crying.

It is something that really occurred, and is actually the case. What I said is a verifiable FACT.
    Except it's your spin on the facts, not the facts themselves. Kind of similar to how Romney keeps claiming Obama stole 700+ billion from Medicare. Its true, but its a blatantly disingenuous spin on the facts.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-08-17 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironic. Taxes start at 34% here. And if you earn more than 75000 a year its pretty much 51% of it going to the gov.

Then post in the campaign threads. You're honestly making an issue where there is one in order to play the victim card. You've done it with every single one of your posts in this thread. Its shit like this that gets threads locked.

You disagree with the OP? With people in the thread? Then have actual intellectual responses to them as to why you disagree and your logic behind disagreeing. Don't just start crying.

Except it's your spin on the facts, not the facts themselves. Kind of similar to how Romney keeps claiming Obama stole 700+ billion from Medicare. Its true, but its a blatantly disingenuous spin on the facts.

So your response to the fact that I called this a supposedly not allowed thread is to insult me. Interesting.

Then you go on to make more political statements supposedly only allowed in the presidential election threads.

Why am I paying more out of my paycheck than Romney? He's a gajillionaire...

So your response to the fact that I called this a supposedly not allowed thread is to insult me. Interesting.

Then you go on to make more political statements supposedly only allowed in the presidential election threads.
    I'm insulting you? I said to stop playing the victim card and crying and make legitimate, intellectual discussions. If you take that as an insult, that's your prerogative for that one. Im done responding to you and your crying, though.

Oh...and for an anti-Obama thread that wasn't closed within an hour? Here you go.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-08-17 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Why am I paying more out of my paycheck than Romney? He's a gajillionaire...
    You are paying more out of your paycheck than Romney? 13% of a gajillion dollars is more than your ~50k a year job? Got it.

The moral of the story is, if people have millions of dollars sitting around, and they are taxed at an unfair rate, they can afford to leave the country and pay none; taking jobs with them. UAE anybody?
    Last edited by Obsession; 2012-08-17 at 07:59 AM.

I'm insulting you? I said to stop playing the victim card and crying and make legitimate, intellectual discussions. If you take that as an insult, that's your prerogative for that one. Im done responding to you and your crying, though.

Oh...and for an anti-Obama thread that wasn't closed within an hour? Here you go.

Oh, and where did I say "one hour" Stop making stuff up, it makes your insults fall flat on there face.

You are paying more out of your paycheck than Romney? 13% of a gajillion dollars is more than your ~50k a year job? Got it.
    Percentages, my friend. Percentages are all that matter. And I am confident in arguing that the vast majority of the middle class paid a higher percentage of taxes than Romney did by just assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    another one of these threads? Can't you just go up to the top and post in the political threads like everyone else? This should be locked down just like the rest. Creating a new thread to keep bashing the same pinata is redundant.

Why would they lock something against romney? They clearly have an agenda here as well-or perhaps all the mods are just asleep :P

Sad how one side can only make constant attack threads, and not even post in the designated area. Oh well, why not try to brainwash more people.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 02:57 AM ----------

Percentages, my friend. Percentages are all that matter. And I am confident in arguing that the vast majority of the middle class paid a higher percentage of taxes than Romney did by just assumption.
    Maybe they should learn how to do there taxes better if they want to complain about it? It is a free country.

I would think Romney was an idiot (Actually, I do anyway, but moreso) if he did NOT take advantage any loopholes he could to make money. That was his freaking job.

Why is everyone making this about how much he paid? Why isn't this about honesty, integrity, and whether or not he paid what he is required to by law? Seems like the later is the more important question.