Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryssy View Post
    Why would it be dodgy? It is just a call for more transparency. Would you not love to know which organisation in your country acts uppon political interrests of some foreign coutries? I think the bill is great, as the CIA loves to cover their activities under a shelter of some human rights groups in a lot of countries, Russia simply sets an example that all countries should follow.
    The rest I wrote, when put into context of Putin critics somehow gets their news papers and radio stations shut down.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    The rest I wrote, when put into context of Putin critics somehow gets their news papers and radio stations shut down.
    Could you elaborate on that a little more? Which stations and papers you are speaking of?It all comes down to who is the owner of the particular station. A lot of the U.S. sponsored oligarchs were owning media in the early 90ies until they either fled the country or ended up in jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryssy View Post
    As far as I know there is no such law that forbids such smear campaign activities. The recent released law only states that most of the organisations that receive foreign money must declare how much money they have received and what it was spent on to aknowledge them as "foreign agents", that's it, but they still can do whatever they want to. Of course the western media is claiming that it is an anti 'freedom of speech' law, which is simply false.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 04:22 AM ----------

Vladimir Zhirinovsky is actually great! If you follow his predictions for the last 20 years, most of it has actually come true and a lot of his proposed laws in the last years are slowly put in place by the ruling party!! He might be very funny and impulsive, yet his political analysis is outstanding. He is the only guy who actually had the balls to speak about the Bilderberg Club at the European Convention for pulling the strings in Europe. To bad most of the people judge the person simple by the looks.
    Actually, he is too impulsive and stubborn to be a good president, he is good monarch or dictator, but not president, he never followed to any compromises
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I'm Russian, live in Moscow and many times saw temple where they performed their protest. Myself i'm an atheist and couldn't care less about some random unknown chicks doing some random stuff. So my carefactor towards this wholle business is around zero, but... just a few facts:
    1. They've choosen the largest temple in Russia to act in. In other words they were clearly attention whoring.
    2. They performed wholle act near altar and my christian friend told me that it's a really bad thing becouse altar is a holy place and requires either cleansing or complete removal/reconstruction after being desecrated.
    3. They were sentenced according to Criminal Code provision (clause 213) and could've been sentenced for up to 7 years of prison.
    4. This wouldn't have happened if they performed their concert in a random unknown place, but then nobody would be ever talking about them.
    5. They would get out without real imprisonment if they behaved like they attone for commited crime, but they continued to attention whore and got what they've been looking for.
    6. In many Islam countries (especially with shariat law) they would be executed on a spot, or a bit later.

Honestly at this point it looks like even killing a puppy whille badmouthing Putin would make you a freedom fighter in eyes of west media.

I'm in no way defending Mr. Putin (he's a corrupted son of a bitch robbing my country with his well fed band of lapdogs), but for him this few girls are insignificant welps who aren't worth paying attention too. They said nothing new and changed nothing, exept annoyed a hell out of Christians and a Church. They've choosen a cheap way to publicity (probably becouse they're worthless as a real pank group) and hope it was worth this 2 years for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Well yeah, me saying the maximum sentence he is facing, is nothing but headlines. Could it also be that my statements are based on the disgust over the maximum time he can get. Yeah, nothing but headlines...
    My memory is hazy, what do people get for assaulting cops in USA? Fine to 7 years in a slammer? Hell, you can get in trouble for "menacing" an officer (e.g. acting threateningly toward him). Or, you know, peppered with bullets like that dude in Times Square.

If Mr. Kasparov wants to behave like a dog, why is he surprised he gets treated like one.

Putin thereafter replaced corrupt people(?) by rigging elections ie. being as corrupt as one can be.
    He enjoys popular support in Russia. Even with a few % of skewed votes, he would still win by a landslide. Rigging is not at blame here. If anything, there is a severe lack of competent opposition in Russia. The other parties are literally led by dumbshits or foreign puppies. Prokhorov is the closest its been to a somewhat competent person running for president.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2012-08-22 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    My memory is hazy, what do people get for assaulting cops in USA? Fine to 7 years in a slammer? Hell, you can get in trouble for "menacing" an officer (e.g. acting threateningly toward him). Or, you know, peppered with bullets like that dude in Times Square.

If Mr. Kasparov wants to behave like a dog, why is he surprised he gets treated like one.

He enjoys popular support in Russia. Even with a few % of skewed votes, he would still win by a landslide. Rigging is not at blame here. If anything, there is a severe lack of competent opposition in Russia. The other parties are literally led by dumbshits or foreign puppies. Prokhorov is the closest its been to a somewhat competent person running for president.
    Kasparov claims he was the one being assaulted. Of course a court should make the determination, but if Kasparov is to be believed, there's a good chance he won't get a fair shake in the Russian court system.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Kasparov claims he was the one being assaulted.
    He meant to say "arrested". This is hardly a crime )

Kasparov claims he was the one being assaulted. Of course a court should make the determination, but if Kasparov is to be believed, there's a good chance he won't get a fair shake in the Russian court system.
    Frankly, I doubt he is going to get in any long-term trouble over this. He is too big of a name to put away for a bite, and he had similar incidents in the past (not biting incidents, but him spending a few nights in a jail incidents). I think he'll probably be given a cursory fine for this, maybe a few days in a local jail, and then released. But then again, I've been wrong before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    He meant to say "arrested". This is hardly a crime )
    No, I meant assaulted. Kasparov's quote, which I posted earlier, is something along the lines of, "I'm sorry if the police officer hurt his hand while beating me over the head."

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I meant assaulted. Kasparov's quote, which I posted earlier, is something along the lines of, "I'm sorry if the police officer hurt his hand while beating me over the head."
    Actually, on every video footage i've seen he was clearly resisting detention, and was subdued, not beaten. Also shoud be noted that other protesters are treated according to their cooperation with police. Anything else is his saying, which isn't necessary the whole truth either.

In any case, as others said - he won't be facing any major consequences over this.
    Last edited by Darkis; 2012-08-22 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Actually, on every video footage i've seen he was clearly resisting detention, and was subdued, not beaten. Anything else is his saying, which isn't necessary the whole truth either. And as others said - he won't face any major consequences over this.
    I never suggested I knew the truth on this. I'm just saying that this is what Kasparov was saying.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never suggested I knew the truth on this. I'm just saying that this is what Kasparov was saying.
    And I'm just correcting HIM.