Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    This is going to get closed because it's game vs. game but before it does, I have to ask...

Why in the hell do people care about crap like this? Who cares if a game sells 9 million copies? Does the fact it sold that many make it a fun game to play? No, it does not. It only means it is popular which might also indicate it is fun but not necessarily so. Personally, I'd rather play a really fun game that only sells 500k units than a so so game that sells 9 or 10 million. I ceased needing to be 'where the cool kids are' years ago and games that have massive playerbases also tend to be pretty homogenous so they can keep 'em IMO.
    the more money the company get from the game, the more can invest to greatly improve it, the less will need to abuse cash shop, e.t.c. so in that way I care
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I like how MoP is 20 pounds more and has a subscription fee. That's all.

Edit: third place "International Cricket Captain 2012 (PC CD)" Brits being Brittish, what's going on here!?
    It's the wow collector edition, the guild wars 2 collector edition is €150

Deleted
    As an WoW hater: Yeahhhhhhhhh !!!!
    Something like this thread 3 weeks ago , when they rubbed ut on our face :
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ul-MoP-will-be

As a human beeing trying to reduce the hate in these forums : The winner in the end will be MoP .
    10.000% sure :P

Lock the thread plz ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Touridion View Post
    It's the wow collector edition, the guild wars 2 collector edition is €150
    Yeah thats true, compare the contents of the two collector editions and you will see why one of them cost 150.

regardless of whats being posted in this thread i would like them to show actual sales numbers.

Sales numbers really don't mean anything, the important thing is how many people are still playing after 3+ months.
    Last edited by Doylez; 2012-08-17 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    F2P will always sell more copies since its a one time purchase..Not sure why being a number one selling game is worth bragging about..
    This doesnt make any sense. F2P means that its free. GW2 isnt free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine, Guild Wars 2 is popular. We know.

Deleted
    Good for them!

Not totally unexpected since it's been overhyped to oblivion. But none the less, very good news for Anet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because everyone buys online games from amazon.

Everyone I know buys digital.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-08-17 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i get frustrated at all the WoW fan bois that come here and righteously defend their game lol....while the OP makes some claims which do have data behind it I still believe you WoW fan boi's are partly right...you can't rly judge the 2 given their release times being such distance apart etc...but on the other hand...it does raise some interesting stuff...given its payment model of not being sub based gw2 is only after that initial sale...if and i do mean IF anet pull off a successful game theres no reason it may not sway some people that once prefered WoW to gw2...I know tonnes of people that are on the fence and are just playing it safe til they see how gw2 release goes...

Deleted
    Whos do i ave to sleep with , in order this thread to get closed ? :P
    Its messing with the harmony we are trying to create all this time !
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-17 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    i get frustrated at all the WoW fan bois that come here and righteously defend their game lol....while the OP makes some claims which do have data behind it I still believe you WoW fan boi's are partly right...you can't rly judge the 2 given their release times being such distance apart etc...but on the other hand...it does raise some interesting stuff...given its payment model of not being sub based gw2 is only after that initial sale...if and i do mean IF anet pull off a successful game theres no reason it may not sway some people that once prefered WoW to gw2...I know tonnes of people that are on the fence and are just playing it safe til they see how gw2 release goes...
    So true! Why there are soooo many people defending wow in this thread? Let us Gw2 fanbiys enjoy the moment please, yours will come soon enough, I dnt expect Gw2 to be the best seller come september.

P.S. Wtb thread lock!

This is what I don't get. Why care which sells more copies, what should matter is that you enjoy the game(s).

Deleted
    Hope your happy now OP.. spreading all this unnecessary negative energy. Why would anyone care who sold the most copies of a game? The important part is those that play the game enjoy it, nothing more nothing less. Everything else is Meh. Its not a competition of who plays the "right" game, people play what they want. And that's it.

/Disappointed at OP

Now would any mod please close this thing already, no need for threads looking for trouble...

This thread is just flame bait, should be locked.

Deleted
    haha wow what a waste of a forum ., but hey i'm gonna post anyways..
    OP , that is amazon, please do some homework and check out digital download presales pls , then add the numbers together ;p;
    yes Gw2 looks good , but stating it is the best selling game is clearly kinda lame and 100% innacurate

Closing.

Bit of advice: think before you post.

-- Fencers