Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia

Do you believe in astrology?

Hello everyone.

The question is pretty straightforward. Do you believe the positions of stars, planets, other astronomical phenomenon and your date of birth in correlation with these can influence your life? Just in case of any misconceptions; i don't.

Edit: This is the second time i forgot to put up a poll. -_- Bear with me.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-08-17 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I believe balls of gas and rock millions of miles away determined what my personality and life trajectory would be? No, I do not.
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-08-17 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    not really, do find it fun though

Deleted
    Simply put, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Do I believe balls of gas and rock millions of miles away determined what my personality and life trajectory would be? No, I do not.
    Haha, somehow that made me think of this:

Putin khuliyo

if they were a lot less vague and prone to interpretation and not apply to anybody on the planet on any given day (and reasonably accurate) i might consider lending them some credence

It's just some pathetic people trying to make money off of people's superstition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    It's just some pathetic people trying to make money off of people's superstition.
    The people making the money aren't pathetic, it's the people spending it.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    The people making the money aren't pathetic, it's the people spending it.
    The people making the money are scoundrels, the people spending it are fools. Both fools and scoundrels are pathetic IMO.

Not in the slightest.

If I can add another question to this: the people making money out of this, do they really believe that it works or are they just smilling inside from messing with someone?

(its not that I dont believe in astrology, I know it doesnt work and that it is at best a pretty lame magic trick)

Quote Originally Posted by ziggler View Post
    If I can add another question to this: the people making money out of this, do they really believe that it works or are they just smilling inside from messing with someone?
    They probably told the lies so often that they've convinced themselves. And confirmation bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    The people making the money are scoundrels, the people spending it are fools. Both fools and scoundrels are pathetic IMO.
    They aren't scoundrels, if anything, they're intelligent for using the fact people can be gullible as hell. After all, isn't capitalism based on using people as resources (of money)?

I am going to say yes for now since there really no way to disprove it lol.

Deleted
    I don't really care about it.
    I've never heard of it being shockingly right or wrong so I haven't made up my mind.

There is no need to believe it is wrong, because the concept of the movement of the stars and planets having any bearing on our pathetically inconsequent (when compared to the vastness of the universe) lives is laughable at best. It is a relic of the geocentric belief that the entire universe revolves around the earth and our lives and everybody that practises it is a quack who asks general questions and gives answers that are applicable to anybody and everybody.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-08-17 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dystin View Post
    I don't really care about it.
    I've never heard of it being shockingly right or wrong so I haven't made up my mind.
    try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwjvhnIg60o

they kinda explain how it is so shockingly wrong... I actually kinda feeel sorry for the guy doing the reading

No I don't believe it at all. It's cool and I like to base characters off it sometimes, and I love priding myself as a Snake & Libra , but laugh at how many people take it so seriously. Its one of those silly beliefs I always thought was nonsense even as a kid, the idea already sounded goofy, but after it not being correct just a couple times and it being different in different newspapers...I couldn't believe people can take it seriously. I mean I could see you believing in it predicting your personality especially if it did match, but how can anyone believe the silly daily predictions? Boggles me.

Couldn't help but not think of maddox.

Deleted
    of course not. what's up with questions about superstition lately?