Thread: WvW at night EU

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WvW at night EU

I actually never thought about this earlier. I'm on EU server and I realized that during night, let's say 00.00-09.00 there won't be a lot of people in WvW. Especially not during weekdays since everyone are sleeping. I think that American servers won't have this problem as much since there are a couple of hours between the earliest zone to the latest. In Europe time between the countries are balanced in like a 2 hour window.
    That means, if you are playing on a weekday with a couple of friends and guilds (let's say 40 people) you can take control of a lot of castles and things since you won't meet so heavy reinforcement.

Am I thinking wrong or could this be a ''problem'' for those who likes to stay up late?

This could possibly happen, but for dedicated guilds like this if they do this, they'll move up the ladder quickly, and so meet other servers with other guilds doing the same thing. It should therefore (hopefully) balance out.

There is alot of people who likes to stay late, and there is alot of people who will not sleep so they can play a little more.

I think that of course there will be a difference in amounts of people playing. But I think it will be ok. Because it works EU server wise, and even if you are just a few you can still do stuff.

I think it's played out to work, if you are solo, with huge group, small groups. Real player foe or just npcs.

You might take a castle in a weekday night with couple of friends and guildies. You probably will find a resistance tho, for people thinking the same way. There is always some "Night Watchers" to defend, conquer and why not divide. XD
    Last edited by Zilong; 2012-08-17 at 06:37 PM.

Never sleep, never surrender.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be a problem in America too, I'm sure. During the betas, when EU was high pop, US was low pop.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I actually never thought about this earlier. I'm on EU server and I realized that during night, let's say 00.00-09.00 there won't be a lot of people in WvW. Especially not during weekdays since everyone are sleeping. I think that American servers won't have this problem as much since there are a couple of hours between the earliest zone to the latest. In Europe time between the countries are balanced in like a 2 hour window.
    That means, if you are playing on a weekday with a couple of friends and guilds (let's say 40 people) you can take control of a lot of castles and things since you won't meet so heavy reinforcement.

Am I thinking wrong or could this be a ''problem'' for those who likes to stay up late?
    Sleeping is not important, we are underattack !

Wait for them to come we will be waiting on the towers.

Probably a group of 4 or 5 organized friends can repell a bunch of people trying to assault. Fun, right ?

5 vs 40 and 5 wins ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post

Like it was in a stresstest and like it was on EU servers in wow: the russians will always be there to help

hm there are intervals when points are calculated. Maybe intervals at night are much longer...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by subrosian View Post
    Never sleep, never surrender.
    By Ogden's hammer you are correct.
    I'd think the problem described in the OP is for all worlds and it will even out during a 2 week period.

Deleted
    you will wonder how many ppl play at night^^

I have a wife and kids so, the best time for me to play is at night. From 10am to 2 or 3am will be my hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's another way to bring some strategy to the game. Plan your attacks for certain hours etc.
    Arukas

10+ Year Old Account
    This plays some into server-wide coordination, I think. Players who generally will play during the night will need to coordinate strategy and tactics with those who were awake during the day, as well as planning with each other how best to move forward, to either maintain a point lead, or secure one.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    This could possibly happen, but for dedicated guilds like this if they do this, they'll move up the ladder quickly, and so meet other servers with other guilds doing the same thing. It should therefore (hopefully) balance out.
    This.

In fact, I think this was even mentioned by a dev one time.

Worlds that stay up late to win will soon enough be paired against other worlds that stay up to win.

You'll be surprised at how many casual raids we did on my server in WoW from 1am to 4am. There were always people awake, chatting on the trade chat, playing the AH or doing their daily quests or daily dungeon run.

I actually know of a few Americans that are going to play on an EU server just to take advantage of the lower numbers at night. I don't think it will necessarily even out the numbers, but I would imagine there are more than a few others that will do the same.

Deleted
    Dont worry, there will always be people around :]
    Last edited by mmoc2f42a3101f; 2012-08-17 at 09:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    I actually know of a few Americans that are going to play on an EU server just to take advantage of the lower numbers at night. I don't think it will necessarily even out the numbers, but I would imagine there are more than a few others that will do the same.
    Yeah and also vis versa EU playing on american servers. I know alliances that have guilds from all over the world just to have WvW domination. I think that is pretty low. But oh well....

There is not that much of a spread for US timezones. we only have a 3 hour spread on timezones for the 48 directly connected states (this is discounting Alaska and Hawaii which have comparitivly low populations compaired to the rest of the country). People can also setup their home server in any region so there will be some smattering of players from all over the world on any one server. Also consider that you will always have those weird folks that have non standard schedules even for the timezone they are in. I'll probably be avalible for nightwatch more often than not and will happily defend agianst the rampageing hordes. well Hordes may be giveing them too much credit but the thought is what counts right?

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    This is old news. Back then when DAoC was very popular there used to be 'alarm clock raids'. Alliances would tell guilds to go and log off at certain coordinates at the frontiers, then log back in at 4AM and raid the relics. GW2 seems more of a successor than WAR to DAOC, so I assume this trend will keep going. Just live with it Personally I hope they copy the concept of Darkness Falls. Oh those days [/nostalgia]