Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I see Grimoire of Service is a powerful burst cooldown though, and like the above poster said, double Felstorm? Winner.

I expect though that once the novelty wears off, having upgraded demons won't seem any cooler than having two at once.

Personally I'll be playing Affliction for the chance to play with GrimSac. Never been the biggest fan of pets.
    Not to mention the service fel guard will automatically axe toss your target when summoned, then proceed to fel storm. Due to my large dislike of affliction(pve) there's a slim chance that I'll actually play it.

i just have a question on your guide as i see some conflicting data. in section 3 you have int>hit>haste>crit>mastery, yet in the appendix section you have int>hit>mastery>haste>crit which is correct? also if the latter is correct would this change the gem choices in section 4?
    Last edited by Gades; 2012-08-27 at 12:29 PM.

The appendix section is for level 85 only. Section 3 is for level 90. Both are correct.

Deleted
    I see Grimoire of Service is a powerful burst cooldown though, and like the above poster said, double Felstorm? Winner.

I expect though that once the novelty wears off, having upgraded demons won't seem any cooler than having two at once.

Personally I'll be playing Affliction for the chance to play with GrimSac. Never been the biggest fan of pets.
    Have you heard the voices for the new demons? I will never get tired of my new found Wrathguard. I only hope he keeps my Felguards name as I really like it for some reason, Blagdhun.

10+ Year Old Account
    sadly the wrathguard will have a different name from your current felguard.
    but if you don't like your WG's name, you can always kill it at a Demon Trainer and roll for a new random name on a new WG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think im going to use Wrathguard just so I can make use of my 2 Ashkandies.

sorry for this request, can anyone post a working "a macro to switch into Metamorphosis, apply Doom, and cancel Metamorphosis " ty

I was using :

/cancel aura metamorphosis
    /cast doom
    /cast metamorphosis

I hit it three times. I was hoping there was a one press version. Anyone?

MOLTEN CORE: This is a proc that has a chance to occur when you use Shadow Bolt, or when your Wild Imps do damage. This reduces the cast time and mana cost of your next Soul fire by 50%. You can gain up to 3 charges of Molten Core.
    Not sure if this is intended, but Molten Core currently stacks to much more than 3 charges. Either that, or I'm misinterpreting the ability, the most I've had is an 8 charge Molten Core. It would be nice to know exactly when it maxes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I was using :

/cancel aura metamorphosis
    /cast doom
    /cast metamorphosis

I hit it three times. I was hoping there was a one press version. Anyone?
    I actually couldn't get that to work. The /cast doom section wouldn't work. I had to change the doom line to Corruption (since Corr mutates into Doom). It worked after that.

Then I had
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /cast Corruption
    /cancelaura Metamorphosis

That one takes two clicks.

I wonder , is the hast caps still valid ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowswann View Post
    I wonder , is the hast caps still valid ?
    they changed corruptions tickrate, so I´d say: no
    but havn´t seen anything to that topic yet

10+ Year Old Account
    haste is a really complex (and valuable) stat for demo:

it increases fury generation (by reducing the cast time of SF and SB as well as the energy generation of pets),
    it lowers the cooldown of Imp Swarm which causes it to become off-sync with Dark Soul until you have the T14 set bonus and then you would want Haste to cause Imp Swarm to be really close to DS's shorter CD.
    and it increases HoTs' tick speed, but in practice, because of Pandemic, and ToC extending, Corruption will be refreshed more often then not, so that haste does not ad extra ticks per se, but just makes it tick faster and faster and faster.

I suspect the haste cap that will matter most is the one that places Imp Swarm's Cooldown closest to Dark Soul's Cooldown.
    Otherwise, so many effects scale smoothly with haste that there is no real need to reach particular plateaus.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-27 at 08:38 PM.

Not only is it two clicks, but it gets Doom and Corruption up on the same macro. Sweet . Ty.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2012-08-27 at 09:24 PM.

Is it actually feasible to have the int weapon enchant in the first week of the expansion? Seems like it might be a bit difficult to obtain 10 Sha Crystals. If you had to pick between Elemental Force or Windsong, which would you say is a better alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Is it actually feasible to have the int weapon enchant in the first week of the expansion? Seems like it might be a bit difficult to obtain 10 Sha Crystals. If you had to pick between Elemental Force or Windsong, which would you say is a better alternative?
    Some purples drop from 5 mans, if you go with a guild group you could farm them - if you're dedicated enough. That said, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if you can get Shado-pan revered in week one, gonna have to log onto the beta and check.

Though to answer your question - Windsong.

The appendix section is for level 85 only. Section 3 is for level 90. Both are correct.
    ah ok thanks! missed that.

So will I be wearing the mark of the R-tard if I use Grimoire of Supremecy as a Demo Warlock or is the dps difference negligable?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So will I be wearing the mark of the R-tard if I use Grimoire of Supremecy as a Demo Warlock or is the dps difference negligable?
    Depends on what setting. In a Dungeon it's not a big deal but once you start raiding I would use G: Service. (Imagine Shadowflame, Double Felstorm, Immolation Aura and Harvest Life on Yor'sahj Black adds... mmmmm cheese)
    Last edited by Xandy; 2012-08-28 at 04:50 PM.

Using Supremacy is only a small DPS loss. Just stay well clear of Sacrifice.