Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Scale factors.

    In 359ilvl gear, 3556 Haste, 13.4% hit, 10k itterations.




    Looks like I'm round about a Haste plateau here, which going by this spreadsheet would be for Shadowflame. Looks like Haste improves again while I get more, while Crit and Mastery trail with roughly equal values.

    Those things might change once I'm hit capped however. A lesson as to why to sim your own gear, rather than rely on figures posted for gear you don't yet have.

  2. #202
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,425
    Does the version of simcraft I used during cata work for Mists? Or will I have to download a different version?

    Cata was the first time I ever simmed my own gear so not entirely sure what to do since its a new x-pac and stat weights have changed.

  3. #203
    There are new versions of SimC released with basically every patch and hotfix.

  4. #204
    i sim'd my lock and it says haste is better then mastery for demonology,however, how do i know when i have too much haste and should reforge mastery?

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    i sim'd my lock and it says haste is better then mastery for demonology,however, how do i know when i have too much haste and should reforge mastery?
    You Sim again, and again, and again ...
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

  6. #206
    Thanks again for this thread, helps alot.


    One question I do have, and I think it was only mentioned once but no answer. Why wouldn't you use chaos wave in meta during DS if your at full fury? It hits harder than TOC single target wise. I understand it cost more demonic fury than TOC but if your full fury you can spam it twice and still not hit zero before the buff is out. Or is the intent to leave meta and recast HoG? (don't think that's the intent)



    Thanks (for some reason my enter button is spacing the paragraph instead of creating one =(

  7. #207
    Bloodsail Admiral Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,218
    If your are at the start of DS, full fury, and have two stacks of HoG, using CW is a marginal dps gain in sims.

    However, it is more dps to delay DS by a few seconds to use HoG before going into DS \ Meta.

  8. #208
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    40
    Hi fellow warlocks!
    I would like to ask for your assistance in writing couple of macros
    What they should do:
    1) Cast trinket, cast DS, summon doomguard, summon Grim of Service, cast imp swarm, enter Meta - fight opener
    2) Cast DS, cast imp swarm, summon Grim of Servic, Enter Meta - standard dps burst rotation as the CDs of all of the buffs coincide

  9. #209
    Neither can be done other than as castsequence because so many of those are on the global cooldown.

  10. #210
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Neither can be done other than as castsequence because so many of those are on the global cooldown.
    Ok can you please help me with the cast sequence macros? I'm not good at them

  11. #211
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [stance:0] reset=20 Dark Soul: Knowledge, Summon Doomguard, Grimoire: Felguard, Imp Swarm, Metamorphosis

    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [stance:0] reset=20 Dark Soul: Knowledge, Grimoire: Felguard, Imp Swarm, Metamorphosis

    Think something like those should do what you want, the 'stance' bit will mean you wont drop Meta if you mash it once too often. Anyone else, feel free to correct, I'm not a big macro user I prefer to just keybind absolutely everything :3

  12. #212
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    40
    Thanks! Gonna try these out.

  13. #213
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    40
    I have a question.
    Our Touch of Chaos adds 6 secs to Corruption duration. If we cast a supercharged Corrupt on boss will ToC prolong this OP dot with the snapshotted stats when it was initially cast or it will renew it with your current stats each time when u prolong it?

    If it prolongs the overpowered dot is it viable to constantly stance dance to cast 3-4 ToC to add maximum duration to the corruption and afterwards continue with the normal rotation and only max out your DF and allow corruption to fall off when your DS is coming out of CD?

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    I have a question.
    Our Touch of Chaos adds 6 secs to Corruption duration. If we cast a supercharged Corrupt on boss will ToC prolong this OP dot with the snapshotted stats when it was initially cast or it will renew it with your current stats each time when u prolong it?

    If it prolongs the overpowered dot is it viable to constantly stance dance to cast 3-4 ToC to add maximum duration to the corruption and afterwards continue with the normal rotation and only max out your DF and allow corruption to fall off when your DS is coming out of CD?
    It renews it's stats every refresh.

    And to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't recommend burning 240 Fury every 30s just to maintain it all the time, every time as the Fury can generally be better spent at other times, especially in the first minute or so of an encounter.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-10-11 at 09:22 AM.

  15. #215
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    40
    Yes of course I understand that DF can be better used elsewhere. I just thought that if it just prolongs the duration of the buffed DOT it could be overall DPS gain. Seems not like this.
    Thanks.

  16. #216
    After much tinkering with demo, I made a list just like the one in the affliction thread. Obviously some may be wrong, so please correct me

    1: Save fury for procs and cds. Never sit on max fury. Duh.

    2: Use the Wild Imp proc from normal casts before using the Wild Imp cd for 1 extra imp per cd. Not really sure about the correct Wild Imps usage though so this might be false.

    3: Best Hand of Guldan usage is to cast one hand, and time the second one just before Shadowflame dot expires so you maximise Shadowflame dot uptime (+MC procs) and damage.

    4: Stancedance whenever you get small int procs and your big stuff is not ready yet in order to refresh Corruption when it is about to expire with Touch of Chaos.

    5: Meta Touch of Chaos fury dump is better dps per overall fury, but Meta MC Soulfire is better DPET. Never forget this.

    6: Use Pandemic to abuse Doom to max damage/uptime. Should be pretty easy.

    7: Don't use Doom on a target that will die in less than 30 seconds. Waste of fury.

    8: Hand of Guldan for aoe is best used on caster form because of the fury generation, unless you have craptons of fury generation through killing blows in meta form, or you really need the burst, then feel free to spam Chaos Wave.

    10: Hellfire in caster form remains better dps per target hit than Harvest Life. Fury generation is equal. This changes alot though with hotfixes so bear them in mind.

    11: Felstorm for single target is a dps loss unless you need high burst because of how felguard uses his energy. For 2 targets or more, it isn't.

    12: Saving dark soul, fury and Service: felguard for extended aoe phases is a dps win overall.

    13: If you are absolutely sure you can't use a second Dark Soul in the future, sit on the Dark Soul cd till you are in execute range and you proc everything. When boss is dead you should have 0 fury.

    14: If 1 extra target or more comes in 5 seconds after 2 charges of Hand of Guldan are up, save it for them so it hits more targets.

    15: Opener of demo is very important:

    1)Prepot + Precast Shadowbolt
    2)Coe
    3)Doomguard
    4)Dark Soul + Service: Felguard
    5)Corruption
    6)(Meta)Doom
    7)(Meta)Touch of Chaos
    8)Wild Imps (can also be cast on Meta)
    9)Hand of Guldan
    10)2xMC Soulfire if you have the MC procs
    11)Hand of Guldan
    12)(Meta)Refresh Doom and spam Touch of Chaos while procs and cds are still up.
    13)Go caster form if procs and cds are gone.

  17. #217
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    is the wild imps glyph actually a dps gain?

    also - hellhamster. you say felstorm is a dps loss on single target, to confirm this i simmed with and without using felstorm (simply deleted the felstorm line) and lost 600 dps. is this a mistake with the sim?
    Last edited by Viggers; 2012-10-15 at 11:14 AM.

  18. #218
    Super Moderator xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hup Holland Hup!
    Posts
    9,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    is the wild imps glyph actually a dps gain?

    also - hellhamster. you say felstorm is a dps loss on single target, to confirm this i simmed with and without using felstorm (simply deleted the felstorm line) and lost 600 dps. is this a mistake with the sim?
    Ghostcrawler (or Xelnath, hard to keep track sometimes) clealry stated that using Felstorm single target should be a DPS loss. In practice however I've heard nothing but people having (tried) tested it and coming up with it being a DPS gain.
    Attack the Argument, not the Person ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    is the wild imps glyph actually a dps gain?

    also - hellhamster. you say felstorm is a dps loss on single target, to confirm this i simmed with and without using felstorm (simply deleted the felstorm line) and lost 600 dps. is this a mistake with the sim?
    Wild Imps are "opt-in" complexity, they can be a gain if you use them well but can also end up a loss if poorly applied.

    Felstorm should be a DPS loss against a single target, I don't think it makes a very big difference; Zinnin tested a 500 DPS gain against a dummy; I slacked on it last night and didn't notice any perceptible loss, or indeed gain.

    Question/Note on Heroism. We don't gain anything by stacking Meta with it, but I did some testing on Feng the other night and stacking up MC procs then blowing Wild Imps for yet more MC procs ahead of it seemed to be quite a decent improvement. How are other people using it?

  20. #220
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    4,033
    haste is much better for caster form than demon form, i too like to try to stack up molten core procs before heroism for some SF spamming durning MC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •