10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Mortality-- Men Vs. Women---- Family Edition

My Mother came from a family of 11 children. 8 girls and 3 boys. Everyone is dead now but the boys.

I see my uncles on and off every week and we like to talk about my aunts/their sisters. Why did they all die before the boys? They all look like they could go on a roof and shingle it and not think twice about it.

I worry about my younger sister and I don't want to out live her or see her die.

You should know much better than we should...

IDK ask your uncles.
    Last edited by Kreyzor; 2012-08-17 at 10:24 PM.

A sample size of 11 is very small. Statistically speaking, women live much longer than men in all western countries, and most other countries in the world (I don't know of any where they don't, though I know there were some where this was the case a few decades ago so it probably still happens in some places).

Why they died earlier isn't something anybody here can answer, since we don't know the circumstances.

I wouldn't worry about her dying before you just because she's a woman.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    They all died in their 50's and we are pushing our early 40's. I love my sister and couldn't even imagine my life without her.

I think how they died is more relevant than when they died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illness? I'm sure your family can tell you exactly how, why and when each of them died. Why don't you ask them?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    They all died in their 50's and we are pushing our early 40's. I love my sister and couldn't even imagine my life without her.
    Dying in their 50s? Obviously something was wrong with them to die just short of half the life they should live.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-08-17 at 11:23 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why you're asking on here why they died younger, doesn't your family know what they died of? If it's something hereditary in every case then sure, have a think about it. Otherwise don't worry!

10+ Year Old Account
    They are all dead..helloooo

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    They are all dead..helloooo
    No, you said the women in that generation are all dead. Can't you, as has already been suggested, ask your uncles what your aunts died of?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    As others have already said, how they died is more relevant to when they died. You're assuming they died due to bad genes, which isn't necessarily the case. They could have easily made poor choices which lead to health problems.