The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

[Books] Book Suggestions

I'm looking for new authors to read. I've included my two favorite categories and the authors I've read so far (that I've liked). Thanks ahead of time!

Thriller

John Sandford
    Lee Child
    James Patterson
    Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens
    Stephen King (although he is much more horror than thriller)
    John Birmingham (again, probably more sci-fi than thriller, but you know, potato, po-tah-to)

Sci-Fi

Stephen Baxter
    Arthur C Clarke
    Isaac Asimov
    Robert Heinlein

Deleted
    Jean M. Auel's Earth's children is awesome books. You can read about them here

10+ Year Old Account
    Justin Cronin's "The Passage."

You're welcome.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Justin Cronin's "The Passage."

You're welcome.
    Fantastic book, couldn't put it down. Didn't realize it was the first of three so the ending simultaneously thrilled/frightened/pissed me off. Can't wait for the next one.

On a side note, regarding "The Passage", I am reading the synopsis of the second one (coming out in October) and it's a little, well, odd. Seems like the story resumes back during the beginning of the crisis rather than continuing where the first book left off, but then links the new and old stories together. Anyway, looks good regardless.
    Last edited by cubby; 2012-08-18 at 04:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Fantastic book, couldn't put it down. Didn't realize it was the first of three so the ending simultaneously thrilled/frightened/pissed me off. Can't wait for the next one.

On a side note, regarding "The Passage", I am reading the synopsis of the second one (coming out in October) and it's a little, well, odd. Seems like the story resumes back during the beginning of the crisis rather than continuing where the first book left off, but then links the new and old stories together. Anyway, looks good regardless.
    Yep. Seems like it will have a dual story going on for a bit. Judging by his writing ability, I'm sure it will work.

The ending: I was happy with it. Nice ending, everything more or less tied up. Even if another book never came, it stands on its own. Then I see there's an epilogue... and it's basically Justin Cronin walking up to you with a big smile on his face...

And then he sucker punches you right in the gut. LOL. I immediately pre-ordered "The Twelve." Can't wait for October. There's AR copies floating around eBay, but I'll wait.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pat Rothfuss - The Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear.