[Music] Metal - Your old and current favourites.

Post your opinions and lets not argue with eachother. Who doesn't want more metal to listen to?

So, just for fun, I was wondering what we're all listening to, in the interest of broadening horizons in a pretty concise way.

Your favourite album of all time and your favourite current band/album, not necessarily mutually exclusive, but if they happen to be the same band share something else. Simples.

My favourite album would have to be Rust in Peace by Megadeth.

Currently listening to Mastoton, who IMO have been making the best metal in a long time. Also Dethklok, if you haven't watched metalocalypse, do yourself a favour and do so as soon as possible.

Currently my favorites are The Faceless & Periphery

(^3:31 = The only Saxophone solo I've ever heard in a metal song )

Here are some Oldie Metal favorites of mine

(^This is my favorite song to play on drums )

Also since you mentioned your favorite metal album I suppose I will mention mine, "Nocturnal" by The Black Dahlia Murder is I think my favorite metal album of all time. 10 filler free tracks of greatness imo. Have listened to the album like over 100 times and still enjoy it
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-08-18 at 09:59 AM.

Current favorites include:

Past favorites:

Too many to list But it's mostly progressive/symphonic/power metal and the like. With some exceptions.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2012-08-18 at 10:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current favorites are Blind Guardian, In Flames, Iced Earth and Hellyeah (oddball of the group I know). Started out a decade or two ago with Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer.
    Last edited by BEYR; 2012-08-18 at 10:50 AM.

Old - Disturbed

current - In Flames

I have way more old favourites, but Disturbed was the one that turned me to the Metal genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite Album of all time is Process of Belief by Bad Religion and would highly recommend it to any punk fan. Have to agree that Dethklok is a fucking great band. My uncle first introduced me to the show and it is hilarious, plus their songs are actually great.

Best song by Dethklok imo
    Last edited by bekilrwale; 2012-08-19 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Did not see that it was metal, I need sleep obviously.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Metal scares me.

favourite bands/albums is hard to say... a lot of the music a listend to 10 years ago I still find great, but I just don't listen to them that much these days.
    I'll just pick those bands, where I absolutly love every song on every album up until this day:
    Rammstein, Eluveitie, Equilibrium, Turisas, System of a Down

Deleted
    Septembre et ses Derniéres Pensées by Les Discrets and Panopticon by Isis are two albums I have known for awhile but only started to grow immensely on me nowadays. Currently they are easily among my favourites.

Favourite album of all time is hard to say but Metallica - ride the lightning, Iron Maiden - Live after death would be pretty close

one of the better albums I heard lately is the latest Venom (old band but their latest album is one of/if not their best)
    more recent bands would be Halesorm/Revamp and Opera Diabolicus

Just like you my favorite album of all time is Megadeth's Rust in Peace, it's simply perfection.

My favorite band of all time was, is and will 110% always be Metallica though. Megadeth does come in second though. I'm also listening to a lot of Judas Priest as of lately.

My second favorite album is definitely The Black Album, and third would be Anthrax's Persistence of Time.

Deleted
    Favorite album of all time? It's so hard to pick one D= But I believe "Soundtrack to Your Escape" by In Flames can snatch first place. I love every second of that album, it's so... amazing

Favorite current album have to be (if I'm not allowed to choose my StYE) Come Clarity, again, by In Flames. Some songs on that album are just short of perfect.

My favorite song of all time have to be "Take This Life" again, by In Flames. The lyrics have a really high personal value, if you don't take them too literally it describes my last 6 months almost perfectly. A close second is "The Count of Tuscany" by Dream Theatre though. It is just pure awesomeness. I really love it.

(yes I really love In Flames, yes I'm a Swede and YES I have their autographs and I've shaken hands/talked to every of the current bandmembers =D)

In Flames we trust \m/

I'm a huge Thrashmetal fan, both old and new.
    Metallica, Exodus, Vio-lence, Overkill, Onslaught, Havok, Destruction, Suicidal Angels.
    I've always liked death and black metal as well, beeing Norwegian and all I think I have to (?).
    Satyricon, Deicide, 1349, Dimmu Borgir and blah blah blah, you know the drill.

Also, check out my friends band Tantara, their first full length album releases in 2 weeks if I'm not mistaken. Recorded by the infamous Flemming Rasmussen who recorded the 3 first Metallica records as well. Do a iTunes search for 'em and get their EP! They can also be found on Facebook TantaraThrash if I remember correctly.

Last edited by ghrolt; 2012-08-21 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Added Suicidal Angels