Thread: Target ping

Target ping

Yes I know this might seem like a stupid question. But I can't figure out how to target ping(red ping) an enemy, so it says in chat box I'm targeting them. Like the way it does with a Turret. It red pings the champion, and puts crosshairs over their head. All I can figure out how to do is blue ping, and yellow ping.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Alt + click the enemy or hotkey G should do it... If I remember right...

I have tried. It doesn't work.

Check your keybindings, as alt clicking the champion is the default.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

What is it labeled as in keybindings? I looked and couldn't find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alt or control. One is the warning ping, other is the attack ping.

You do need to actually *hit* the thing you're targeting, otherwise it'll just give a generic ping.

None of the ping keybinds is pinging for attack. I am pinging on the enemy champs.

Just check your keybinds? It should be all the way at the bottom iirc. It's bound to G for me.

I need to know exactly what it is called. Cause I don't see a "Target" or "Attack" binding.

When you ping a champ it does the Target Ping. If it's not working for you then you're probably not clicking the champion. No other way to explain it to you.

It's the same name as the name it's given on the upper left corner on the mini-map.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2012-08-18 at 10:31 AM.

I am clicking on enemy champs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacritts View Post
    If it's not working for you then you're probably not clicking the champion. No other way to explain it to you.
    Read that bit. Again. Feel free to try it in a custom game until you get it right. You can even use the !s located on the mini map if you want to avoid the keybindings for now.

I figured it out in my last game. I wasn't pinging the champ themselves, I was trying to ping them on the minimap. For those of you saying ping the champions. It would help to say "Ping the champion themselves, not their map icon" lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Iirc, you can actually ping their icon, but it takes far more precision than you'd hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I figured it out in my last game. I wasn't pinging the champ themselves, I was trying to ping them on the minimap. For those of you saying ping the champions. It would help to say "Ping the champion themselves, not their map icon" lol
    No one ever told you to ping their map icon. It seems so self explanatory that we (me at least) don't feel the need to elaborate on what we mean with "ping the champion".
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2012-08-18 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    I dont know how can one say "click the champion" more precisely than how everyone else on this thread has said :P But anyway, now you realized so prob solved

10+ Year Old Account
    You can ping on the minimap but you have to be dead on. If your pinging to attack champions though you are probably nearby and looking right at them so why ping on the minimap?