Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    What the hell fun is that. You arent even playing the game. Also in WoW I was a millionaire but never once played the AH. It was all from botting then prospecting, cutting rare gems, then crafting and DEing the non rares and making scrolls or selling the mats. This is the first MMO I have played in 14 years that for some reason its impossible for me to make money in. I have been what the community would consider very wealthy in 7 MMOs so why do I fail in this game? I mean its a hack and slash game so the more I hack and slash the more loot I should get. Yet no matter how much I hack and slash I get shit. Why doesnt Blizzard just rename this to Auction House Online?

First fun is subjective. Some people find playing the market fun. Some people find playing the game fun. Some people find bitching about what games they aren't playing fun.

Secondly, I have 500+ hours in game, so I do play the game or rather did. I play maybe an hour a day now and keep my auctions capped on multiple accounts. I'll play more after the patch.

Lastly, I'd venture to say I have more fun with Diablo than you because I clearly don't complain as much.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-08-19 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    First fun is subjective. Some people find playing the market fun. Some people find playing the game fun. Some people find bitching about what games they aren't playing fun.

Secondly, I have 500+ hours in game, so I do play the game or rather did. I play maybe an hour a day now and keep my auctions capped on multiple accounts. I'll play more after the patch.

Lastly, I'd venture to say I have more fun with Diablo than you because I clearly don't complain as much.

Screenshot your Auction sales then. I probably also have 450-500 hours played since release and I havent gotten but two drops that sold on the RMAH and all of my GAH sales are under 300-400k and I only get 2-3 of those a week even farming 25 hours. My good drops didnt even sell for that much only got enough to pay my next WoW subscription and also bought GW2 after playing a friends account during Beta and found out I enjoyed it. The best way to make money in a game should come from playing the game not watching the AH. Thats just retarded and defeats the purpose of even playing. For example if a level 1 can make more gold than a level 60 in max MF gear then theres a serious damn problem with the game that needs to be fixed. Its like Blizzard doesnt even give a shit about what they release anymore as long as they are making money they dont care what the consumers think.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-19 at 05:58 AM.

Screenshot your Auction sales then. I probably also have 450-500 hours played since release and I havent gotten but two drops that sold on the RMAH and all of my GAH sales are under 300-400k and I only get 2-3 of those a week even farming 25 hours. My good drops didnt even sell for that much only got enough to pay my next WoW subscription and also bought GW2 after playing a friends account during Beta and found out I enjoyed it. The best way to make money in a game should come from playing the game not watching the AH. Thats just retarded and defeats the purpose of even playing. For example if a level 1 can make more gold than a level 60 in max MF gear then theres a serious damn problem with the game that needs to be fixed. Its like Blizzard doesnt even give a shit about what they release anymore as long as they are making money they dont care what the consumers think.
    A level 1 wouldn't be able to make as much seeing as you start with no gold. Oh and if you check the "how much is this worth" thread the last page, You'd see i just got 2 great items in 2 days. i have 150-200 hours clocked and over the last month or so play around a hour a day with 200mf on switch.

You're just mad your not having luck, if you dont enjoy the game dont play. If you do, just play, every dog has his day.

Deleted
    Can anyone confirm that ACT 3 was hotfixed to have 16.3% of ilvl 63? because that makes a big difference when judging effectiveness on act 3 0mf/ act 1 max mf farming.

Deleted
    And I've got about 350 hours played and I've sold at least 40 items on the RMAH, and my avg GAH sale is around 1 million, highest been only 12mil so far. You're reflecting your own personal experience to be an universal fact which is silly.

Deleted
    Can anyone confirm that ACT 3 was hotfixed to have 16.3% of ilvl 63? because that makes a big difference when judging effectiveness on act 3 0mf/ act 1 max mf farming.
    here you go

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214..._612-6_13_2012

I hate threads where people bitch about what other people can get just because they dont -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    And I've got about 350 hours played and I've sold at least 40 items on the RMAH, and my avg GAH sale is around 1 million, highest been only 12mil so far. You're reflecting your own personal experience to be an universal fact which is silly.
    So what are you doing right compared to me? Obviously Im not playing correctly so what do I need to change in order to have a lot of RMAH sales and get million gold items every day?

Deleted
    its easy to get to 100%
    from that on you'll have to spend big ones

So what are you doing right compared to me? Obviously Im not playing correctly so what do I need to change in order to have a lot of RMAH sales
    Get lucky, and as explained MF helps luck along the way, if you think it's worth i or not is entirely up to you, the thread I linked is fairly detailed in the advantages of MF.

and get million gold items every day?
    Unless Blizzard reduces the amount of RNG involved in rolling the items this just won't happen, you can get a few lucky items in a short time span but overall you won't get million gold items every day, the game just isn't designed that way.

Well got 20% so far on my follower I guess thats a start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well got 20% so far on my follower I guess thats a start.
    Not really worth it. I believe you only get 20% of your follower's MF and GF, so you just gave yourself 4% Magic Find. Lah-dee-dah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not really worth it. I believe you only get 20% of your follower's MF and GF, so you just gave yourself 4% Magic Find. Lah-dee-dah.
    That's why I love the Templar. Gave mine the Three Hundredth Spear with 25% magic find, a 20% MF shield, and max MF amulet and both rings. He can't fight worth a damn, but he can heal me, be a MF mule, and die like a pro!

You don't need godly gear to MF - farming act 1 is a very reasonable way to get drops. The drop rate for i61-63 items in act 1 is 25% of what it is in acts 3-4, so as long as you can get ~4 times as many rares per hour in act 1 as in act 3, you're fine. Most people usually can do this, since act 1 elites have very little health and die so quickly.

With that said, I'm farming act 3 as a DH with only 25k hp, 400 AR and 55k damage (without SS). These stats are a bit gimpy for a DH in act 3, because of my focus on MF over dps / stats, but as long as I play carefully I generally avoid dying too much. I just have to be careful of certain monster types and certain affixes, and be flexible enough to skip the stuff I know will give me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    That's why I love the Templar. Gave mine the Three Hundredth Spear with 25% magic find, a 20% MF shield, and max MF amulet and both rings. He can't fight worth a damn, but he can heal me, be a MF mule, and die like a pro!
    Mine had a perf 300 spear, and perfect blue mf + vit shield + jewelery. As you put it, he could die like a pro.

As I was creeping into the area of 25+ mill per upgrade to my character, it occurred to me to rethink the Templar just a bit. Equipped with perfect MF gear, he gives me 24% magic find. That's more than the max on most pieces, but it doesn't count if he's dead, and of course he can't save my bacon if he's dead (not that it happens often when he's alive!). So keeping him alive is sorta like wearing a 14th piece of gear, which has very high MF and can occasionally proc something nifty to save my life.

As such I got him a perf sun keeper (higher dps, almost 500) with str and ~300 LoH, and a good shield with str, vit, AR, and perf MF ofc. Even though he's still wearing his crappy blue vit/mf neck and rings he's far more survivable now. If I got him some good jewelery, especially with LoH, I don't think he'd ever die. I'm considering it - it would be cheaper than continuing to upgrade my character, who frankly kills fast enough as it is.
    Last edited by Trotheus; 2012-08-19 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No I gave myself 20%

---------- Post added 2012-08-19 at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    As I was creeping into the area of 25+ mill per upgrade to my character, it occurred to me to rethink the Templar just a bit. Equipped with perfect MF gear, he gives me 24% magic find. That's more than the max on most pieces, but it doesn't count if he's dead, and of course he can't save my bacon if he's dead (not that it happens often when he's alive!). So keeping him alive is sorta like wearing a 14th piece of gear, which has very high MF and can occasionally proc something nifty to save my life.
    Pretty sure you get buffs and stats from dead followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    You don't need godly gear to MF - farming act 1 is a very reasonable way to get drops. The drop rate for i61-63 items in act 1 is 25% of what it is in acts 3-4, so as long as you can get ~4 times as many rares per hour in act 1 as in act 3, you're fine. Most people usually can do this, since act 1 elites have very little health and die so quickly.

With that said, I'm farming act 3 as a DH with only 25k hp, 400 AR and 55k damage (without SS). These stats are a bit gimpy for a DH in act 3, because of my focus on MF over dps / stats, but as long as I play carefully I generally avoid dying too much. I just have to be careful of certain monster types and certain affixes, and be flexible enough to skip the stuff I know will give me a headache.

Mine had a perf 300 spear, and perfect blue mf + vit shield + jewelery. As you put it, he could die like a pro.

As such I got him a perf sun keeper (higher dps, almost 500) with str and ~300 LoH, and a good shield with str, vit, AR, and perf MF ofc. Even though he's still wearing his crappy blue vit/mf neck and rings he's far more survivable now. If I got him some good jewelery, especially with LoH, I don't think he'd ever die. I'm considering it - it would be cheaper than continuing to upgrade my character, who frankly kills fast enough as it is.
    Take a look at your MF when he's dead. You still retain it. So you don't have to try that hard to keep him alive :P .