Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] The Office (US) Spinoff

Green light given for a Dwight centered spinoff. I'm excited because I absolutely love Dwight. Looking forward to see what that crazy German does.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=93739

I can't remember a spin off that has worked

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    NCIS was a spinoff of JAG...
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Deleted
    So Dwight won't be on The Office anymore? Or are they cancelling it? It's bad without Michael already, I don't think the show could take another hit.

As for the spin off, I very highly doubt it could be good in any way what so ever. Dwight is ok as he is now, I can't see him as a main character that everything evolves around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stargate: Atlantis?

to be fair, whilst series 8 was dire, they seemed to realise their mistake towards the end of it, and focus more on Jim/Dwight. rather then robert cali and nellie etc.. if they keep going focussing on jim/dwight rather then these new rejects.. it could still be funny

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    So Dwight won't be on The Office anymore? Or are they cancelling it? It's bad without Michael already, I don't think the show could take another hit.
    I think they're doing one more season and then it's done.

And yeah, in my experience/opinion spin offs generally fail. There are a few successful ones, but that's a tiny minority.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    Really? Did not know that, used to love JAG.

Frasier. Angel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Stargate: Atlantis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    Two great examples of spinoffs that didnt work!

OT; I really loved the office and dwights character is really awesome. Looking forward to seeing it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post

OT; I really loved the office and dwights character is really awesome. Looking forward to seeing it!
    Didn't work? NCIS is an incredibly successful show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Didn't work? NCIS is an incredibly successful show.
    Ok.. might of said it wrong. Two great examples of spinoffs that imo was extremely bad. Better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Permit me, and other Gaters, to disagree

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dwight spin off will fail for one, simple reason. No Mose! Since the guy who played Mose is now a writer for Parks and Rec, he will not be involved with the Dwight Spin off at all.

Deleted
    I love this show its one of my favourites, I don't know how the spin off will work though. If the show is ending then fair enough id rather them give a spin off a go rather than no Office it all but surely they can't carry on with the Office without Dwight and obviously Michael who left last season.

I guess that's true. But they used strong main characters that you could relate to. Dwight is just weird, flimsy and tries too hard to make you laugh/like him. Something like Joey comes to mind where you don't have a strong main character.

Ok.. might of said it wrong. Two great examples of spinoffs that imo was extremely bad. Better?
    just because you didn't like them doesn't mean they aren't successful.

other successful spinoffs: angel, frasier, CSI miami, colbert report, law and order SVU
    Last edited by bals; 2012-08-18 at 11:25 PM.

I guess that's true. But they used strong main characters that you could relate to. Dwight is just weird, flimsy and tries too hard to make you laugh/like him. Something like Joey comes to mind where you don't have a strong main character.
    And they did have a very horrible spin-off based on Joey.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375355/

Edit: I just realized you probably are talking about the spin-off Joey. My bad.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-08-19 at 12:00 PM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

So, the latest episode of the Office (9x03 -Andy's Ancestry) was imo one of the best since Steve Carell left the show. Anyone else still watching?

I continued to watch out of habit, but somehow the show has managed to get some of its lost charm back. Now I'm actually looking forward to future episodes.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

I'd have preferred a Creed spinoff. Probably wouldn't be good for children, though.