Why can't I downvote this to oblivion?
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    That's... disgusting.
    Hating on lolis. Hahaha oh wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    That's... disgusting.
    Ehhhhh, nani? The truth hurts. You don't know true kawaiiness.

Deleted
    Well honestly, I doubt there's going to actually BE a "next big MMO" considering World of Warcraft is still going strong, as well as Rift and having SW:TOR going free to play in November isn't supporting the theory of another MMO either.

Races are a difficult matter. It all depends on the lore and universe of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    because this site isn't shitty

edit:

it's not THAT shitty. :3
    Last edited by Ms Andry; 2012-08-23 at 01:48 AM.

Voted Human, High Elf, Dwarf, Undead, Orc, and Other.

Human is staple, Dwarf are bad ass, Orc are bad ass, Undead are alright, and I only put high elves just to quickly discern terrible players.

And other because picking the same old generic high fantasy shit gets boring.

I checked everything. I dislike that it took years for WoW to have 13 races. EQ I believe shipped with 13 races and 14 classes. A wide variety of choices always helps bring a lot of diversity to playstyle.s

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans and Dwarfs and elfs. Quite standard list, and pretty much every MMORPG has one or multiple of these even if they use different names for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Hating on lolis. Hahaha oh wow.
    More like hating on pedophiles. Everyone's welcome to have an opinion, but some opinions probably shouldn't be shared with everyone else.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Orcs and high elves

More like hating on pedophiles. Everyone's welcome to have an opinion, but some opinions probably shouldn't be shared with everyone else.
    Liking loli = pedophile.
    That sure makes sense.

I really like lots of different races in a MMO. That is also one thing WoW made right but other MMOs didn't although they just had to copy it.
    For example i don't know why games like Aion and SWTOR even have races when they are all the same.

Like someone else before said... you need specific racetypes:

"Normal" Race: Humans and Orcs
    Sinister: Worgen and Undeads
    Beautiful: Night Elves and Blood Elves
    Cute/Small: Gnomes and Goblins
    Self-Ironic/Funny: Dwarfs and Trolls
    Big: Draenai and Tauren

What is still missing? I don't know maybe a race that is clearly "Wizard-Type" or Magic... that is only partly physical like Algalon or the Etherals, or like an archon from star craft just to clarify what i mean.
    Last edited by Knoxi; 2012-08-23 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Liking loli = pedophile.
    That sure makes sense.
    You're taking cartoon characters that are usually explicitly stated to be young, prepubescent girls (or like young, prepubescent girls) and dressing in them a very wide variety of very revealing outfits, and frequently with sexual overtones.

If that isn't catering to pedophiles, I don't know what is.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-23 at 11:02 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

You're taking cartoon characters that are usually explicitly stated to be young, prepubescent girls (or like young, prepubescent girls) and dressing in them a very wide variety of very revealing outfits, and frequently with sexual overtones.

If that isn't catering to pedophiles, I don't know what is.
    Finding something adorable isn't the same as "i want to put my penis in that." Loli doesn't have to be prepubescent or sexual, and there's plenty of other atrocious things that video game themes "cater" too. If you're going to say that, then it's safe to assume that WoW actually did cause all those deaths in real life.

If you want to discuss loli = pedi or loli != pedi, you're in the wrong thread for it. Let's stay on topic, please.

I'm a little surprised at the popularity of the Beastman category. I honestly didn't think it would be that high.

Humans are a staple race in most MMO's and RPG's because they are typically the youngest and most basic of all races. The most balanced stat-wise, the fastest learners, the best adapters, etc.

Elves are pretty much necessary because they are typically the oldest, wisest, etc. They are the guardians of nature, prosperity, and so on. Dark elves are like your normal, woodland elves, but they revere wastelands like deserts, volcanic areas, haunted woods, mountains, and so forth.

Dwarves are typical because they're the awesome, stereotypical barbaric-warrior-like mountaineers that like to prove their battle techniques against taller, undermining foes.

Vampires and other fantasy anamorphic humanoids are also a typical in MMO's because they're essentially humans (or elves) but with a little extra cat-like agility, or wolf-like strength, or some other special enhanced stat. Personally I love the concept of werewolves and vampires fighting against one another. But I prefer more modern approaches, vampires that can be out in the sun (and not sparkle or explode), don't care about wood stakes, and werewolves who can transform at will and embrace lycanthropy as a blessing more than a curse.

I also like orcs, but I regard them more as prehistoric humans or humanoid mutations at worst. They're like the dark elves are to high/woodland elves or vampires to werewolves.

All the above races are kind of cliche, but they're practical and simplistic for most strorylines and lore, making them eternal members of the RPG genre.

But there comes a time when there just shouldn't be any more races. There's millions of possibilities for anamorphic humans, but are representing every furry or harpy really worth it? Personally I'd like to see more dragon-like races, bird-like, and serpentine races like the Naga, Zora, Rito, Harpies, etc. brought to life in an MMO. Other than that, the walrus, fish, cat, insect, etc. people can stay out of the genre.
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2012-08-24 at 06:43 PM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."