Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I realy love those samsung 6 and 8 series led tvs with no edge to them

I have a LG LW5600. Amazing TV. It has really great picture quality, passive 3D, apps, etc.

Basically what you need to do is make a list of the features you want. As some have mentioned, the hardware is mostly the same and you are really choosing design/features. Samsung has some new TVs with a good looking thin bezel if you are into looks. Sony really doesn't make anything on the budget side. Panasonic makes great plasmas, but after switching from an 80lb plasma to a 47" LED that I can actually move around, I would go LED.

The only con is that LED-LCD TVs are crazy bright. Those all white screens on some commercials will blind you. On the other side, for really dark scenes, some of the lighting will bleed through. It comes down to what you are using the TV for. My LG has great 2D and 3D quality, tons of apps, and really great built in speakers for how thin it is, but if you are mainly playing Amnesia or watching dark movies, you might want a plasma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, thanks to all the people who commented, some really helpful stuff there!

I'm currently considering this; http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...V/Product.html

Any of you mind posting your thoughts? - I don't really need the web browsing, 3d, and all that as I said its directly above my 2 22" widescreen monitors.
    This will be used solely for watching TV in bed, 'cause the end of my bedsted is a little too high to see both my monitors ^^
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Firstly, thanks to all the people who commented, some really helpful stuff there!

I'm currently considering this; http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...V/Product.html

Any of you mind posting your thoughts? - I don't really need the web browsing, 3d, and all that as I said its directly above my 2 22" widescreen monitors.
    This will be used solely for watching TV in bed, 'cause the end of my bedsted is a little too high to see both my monitors ^^
    I would suggest you look for a Full-HD TV and not a HD ready.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse my ignorance but whats the difference? Both monitors are full HD..
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but whats the difference? Both monitors are full HD..
    The TV you linked is HD Ready(1366 x 768 Resolution), Full-HD is 1920x1080.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I work with electronics and I will say most of our Returns for defects etc. are samsung tv's
    In fact most of our open box or refurb tv's are samsungs

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely no one makes "the best",

You should read consumer reviews/reports about any TV you buy, or any piece of technology for that matter.

Many TV's suffer from issues and vary model to model, so you need to research.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-08-18 at 08:12 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

IMO, if it isn't a Samsung or Sony, don't bother, at least for LED, I've never been a big LG fan and I know a few people that had problems. I think Panasonic is best for Plasma atm, but I'm not sure.

Personally own a Sony 40 inch LED, very happy with it. Samsung is probably a tiny bit better but from what I see atm you also pay a bit more, but you get what you pay for.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sony, period.

Quote Originally Posted by gravezz View Post
    I work with electronics and I will say most of our Returns for defects etc. are samsung tv's
    You can't just say it like that, Samsung also sells more than the other brands (at least here).

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Absolutely no one makes "the best",

You should read consumer reviews/reports about any TV you buy, or any piece of technology for that matter.

Many TV's suffer from issues and vary model to model, so you need to research.
    Just depends what you're looking for. If you look at plasma panels the best made are from Panasonic and the second best are made by Samsung. If you look at LCD panels (LED is just the backlight) the best are made by Samsung (same panels are build in TVs from Sony Sharp or Loewe) and the second best are made by LG.

As for issues from TVs. I wouldn't recommend a Grundig because it isn't any longer a German company with top quality but was bought by a Turkey company and only the top models are good but worse than other brands. The real question is how much money do you want to spend?

Samsung has a very good picture quality but the cheaper models suffer from bad overall quality. Had a cheap Samsung and it broke twice. First time was just 3 weeks after I bought it and the next time was about 5-6 months later. The costumer service is top notch but I wouldn't recommend buying a cheap Samsung.

If you want to spend not so much money like a couple hundred of Dollars I would recommend LG because they have an overall good quality ad never heard anything bad about their TVs. If you have some more money to spend (1,500-3,000$) There aren't any bad TVs. I like the Samsungs and Sonys.

Quote Originally Posted by gravezz View Post
    Bad power supplys not giving proper voltage? I know the 60" i bought my parents a year and half ago is already going bad and samsung isnt doing anything about it even though it seems to be a common problem.

Sony was the king in the trinitron crt era, they are avg today.

Sharp also had problems with their control panels in the aquanos series, they are the best if you dont get a dud.

Deleted
    id say samsung

Quote Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
    1. Loewe.
    2. B&O
    3. No other option

... :P

Of the "cheaper" brands I'd probably head for a Philips TV. They seem to be quite good.
    If you're comfortable paying twice for a name.

That said, best plasmas Panasonic. But their leds are very good as well. My Aquos 60" is a thing of beauty, so I'd recommend Sharp as well.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-08-19 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    If you're comfortable paying twice for a name.

That said, best plasmas Panasonic. But their leds are very good as well. My Aquos 60" is a thing of beauty.
    At least the color won't be going bad on a B&O Plasma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony or Samsung although I give the slight edge to Sony's. I wouldn't venture outside either of those two companies.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Few corrections - Samsung TV's are not made in china - entry level panels are made with SHARP displays.

LG produces most of the displays for Panasonic LCDs/LEDs

assuming you want 1080p as a no brainier

60hz or 120/240? what will it be used for - as its going up ABOVE you I'd consider one of the S-IPS screens almost all of LG's and Panasonic are these once you get into mid range, you will have less distortion and better colors when viewing from beneath.

will this be used as a monitor or as an actual television?

- personally prefer to the looks of the Samsungs - any Samsung model BELOW ES6900 is a sharp -magnolia sales consultant-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulion View Post
    Few corrections - Samsung TV's are not made in china - entry level panels are made with SHARP displays.

LG produces most of the displays for Panasonic LCDs/LEDs

assuming you want 1080p as a no brainier

60hz or 120/240? what will it be used for - as its going up ABOVE you I'd consider one of the S-IPS screens almost all of LG's and Panasonic are these once you get into mid range, you will have less distortion and better colors when viewing from beneath.

will this be used as a monitor or as an actual television?

- personally prefer to the looks of the Samsungs - any Samsung model BELOW ES6900 is a sharp -magnolia sales consultant-
    No need for it to be used as a monitor, it'll be used solely for watching television and DVDs/Bluray
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Deleted
    I think sony uses Sharp panels in their TV's, which are quite good. The better screens seem to come from LG and Samsung (the cheaper ones are from Sharp in Samsung's case to) tho, but you can't be on a low budget if you want pure quality.
    Last edited by mmoc4b25e70ff5; 2012-08-19 at 02:00 PM.