Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Looking for a beginners guide

Hey guys,
    i am a complete noob in Gw2.
    Are there any good guides u know.
    It should contain leveling, crafting and such things.
    I would appreciate your help.
    Just can't find one.

Last edited by Moralio; 2012-08-18 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Im looking for a guide and not a collection of information.

Deleted
    A guide on "how to do this and that" yea, that does not exist as far as i know, kinda hard to find a guide on how to do things the most efficient way when the game isn't even out yet. i guess that's what you were asking for

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeykong View Post
    A guide telling you which class to select, which zones to level in, which crafting professions to take, which gear to get, which weapons to use, which traits and skills to take? Yeah, that doesn't exist and one can only hope never exists. Look for the information provided and make up your mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    A guide telling you which class to select, which zones to level in, which crafting professions to take, which gear to get, which weapons to use, which traits and skills to take? Yeah, that doesn't exist and one can only hope never exists. Look for the information provided and make up your mind.
    Also this. Things like "what discipline is best for me" isnt very hard to figure out, just take a look at what they do. and for other things like what areas should i lvl in, the areas you find most fun! all professions are good, play the one you think have the most interesting and fun playstyle. yadayadayada and so on.

The OP of this didn't update his first post with everyone's information like we asked but if you go through this thread there is a lot of useful info for beginners.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=glytch

Deleted
    Dudes,
    i just want to know how crafting and leveling works in this game.
    I guess there was a beta, right ?
    So there also have to be some ppl who allready played this game, right ?
    I just wanna know how crafting works in this game and what possibilities i have to level up.
    Crafting works for gaining good exp or pvp or do i have to do quests.
    Reading is not one of your strengths i guess.

And thanks candy, i will read through that thread.

//edit:
    I really thank you candy, that is a thread i was looking for.
    Last edited by mmoc687dc0ac13; 2012-08-18 at 02:00 PM.

For beginner crafting info, go through these 3 videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6E82B37F8B8186AB&feature=plcp

Also,

You know what they say about people in glass houses, right?
    Last edited by Roshar; 2012-08-18 at 02:11 PM.

hey Donkeykong, maybe this is what you are looking for:
    (edit: mofo beat me to the crafting guide, enigmus has a few other interesting videos though)

Last edited by Maarius; 2012-08-18 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't ask here if i had found something.
    Thats what a forum is for , right ?

+ about leveling in GW2

Deleted
    GW Insider is releasing guides on various aspects of the game (including crafting and game mechanics) everyday starting today until the 24th. Check out this link for the release times: http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/guil...eginner_guide/

I'm guessing this is what you are looking for.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-08-18 at 02:33 PM.

Dudes,
    i just want to know how crafting and leveling works in this game.
    I guess there was a beta, right ?
    So there also have to be some ppl who allready played this game, right ?
    I just wanna know how crafting works in this game and what possibilities i have to level up.
    Crafting works for gaining good exp or pvp or do i have to do quests.

And thanks candy, i will read through that thread.

//edit:
    I really thank you candy, that is a thread i was looking for.
    And that information is located within the mass information thread that was linked to you within the second post. You'd know that if you took the time to read it instead of asking for something else. That thread will answer most any question you could possibly have about the game. About how to level, what your options are, how leveling works, what a dynamic even is, What kind of pvp is available. How skills work. The races. The "classes". How crafting works. The types of currency. Etc etc etc all that information is contained within that thread.

Deleted
    I did, i read everything in that thread and it wasn't enough information for a noob like me.
    Feel free to leave this thread if you don't have any productive answers for me.
    Thank all the other guys for posting their source of information.

you can look for useful guides and other videos here:

http://gw2tube.com/category/guides/?...=hrated&lng=en

Deleted
    It's called search function. Use it.

And don't be so lazy... use google.

Hey guys,
    i am a complete noob in Gw2.
    Are there any good guides u know.
    It should contain leveling, crafting and such things.
    I would appreciate your help.
    Just can't find one.
    Im sorry to rain on your parade but there is no such thing that would accuratly describe what you need. This does not excist for one simple reason, its impossible.

This game is about exploration, you need a guide that is so detailed that you wouldnt bother reading it anyway. Im talking wall of text per zone big.

This game is oldschool at heart, you have to discover things on your own. However when it comes to HOW TO craft or what the different classes can do there are hundreds of those out there.

Deleted
    Than why some nice guys could give me the information i needed.
    I told you once, don't write in my thread if u have nothing to tell me.
    Thanks again.

Deleted
    Here is the thing donkey, you didnt ask for videos that show how certain things work like crafting and dynamic events and such, you asked for a guide on leveling among other things, which is more then taken for that someone a freaking page after page guide on how to do this and that. If you had asked if there is anywhere you could find videos on how to craft and how dynamic events works and so on, we would have given that to you from the start.