Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Nice vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeykong View Post
    Than why some nice guys could give me the information i needed.
    I told you once, don't write in my thread if u have nothing to tell me.
    Thanks again.
    It's cute that you think this is "your" thread and that you have a say in who replies and who doesn't.

Wow. I think you win the price for worst attitude of the year, Donkey.

Just LOL.

Guys, stop being jerks. Someone asks for help and info, don't just go "LOL GOOGLE NOOB". Either be polite and help them out or don't post at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading is not one of your strengths i guess
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Also, don't like people breathing down your neck, than don't post rude responses like above when people fail at reading your mind and post info FOR YOUR BENEFIT that isn't exactly what you wanted. People went out of their way to post info to help you, and this is your response? Your tone was not helpful sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    "You were saved by Dwayna!" "...but Dwayna's not even my pa--" "Shut up, go help people"

I did, i read everything in that thread and it wasn't enough information for a noob like me.
    Feel free to leave this thread if you don't have any productive answers for me.
    Thank all the other guys for posting their source of information.
    No, you didn't. There is no way humanly possible you read that entire mass information thread within 38 minutes let alone browsed the wiki. a guide by it's very definition is a collection of information. So what we have provided you with is in fact productive answers.

You asked for a guide. You said you were a complete noob to guild wars 2 (your words not mine) You wanted to know about leveling and crafting specifically. But that leads to the assumption you want a general information thread so you can at least narrow down your questions, for us as a community to help you find the answers to. Which is provided by that thread, it is general information but it's also rather indepth. You asked for a guide, not a video. That's like asking for a tuna sandwich and then complaining someone gave you a tuna sandwich instead of ham cause you're allergic to tuna, and expecting them to know. We can only provide accurate information as a forum when asked specifically for what you want. We answered the question you gave us and you pretty much said it wasn't a good enough answer when we know good and well what that thread contains, and know that it does answer those questions.

As other's have already said, You are not going to find a guide about which profession has the best DPS. There are no meters. You will not find a guide about which crafting skills will be the best with what professions and have the best cooldowns and why, but then again you could have EVERY crafting skill in the game with no ill effects if you so wanted. You'd know that had you actually read the thread and wiki the way you've claimed to. You're not going to find a guide that is "use this build". Because those kind's of things do not exist just yet. You're not going to find a step by step leveling guide such as zygor's or anything similar on this particular game, Because of the the very nature in which dynamic event's work. Those things don't exist and frankly I hope they never do. Every class is viable. Every build can work with every weapon available to there profession. Everyone can heal, tank and dps. Every profession can have every discipline. Every race can be any profession and racial's don't matter. The world will constantly evolve and change around you. No leveling experience will ever be the same. You can level where you want. You can stay in your racial starting zone if you want. You can play the game how you find it the most fun.

Most any question you could have is contained either within that Wiki, or that thread. If it's something that isn't contained with in, feel free to ask, search the forums or google it. Any will work just as well, it is a forum rule to search before posting. If you can't find what you're looking for we are more then happy to help fellow members. I personally find I rarely need to ask anything because usually it's been asked before. You just need to be specific when you ask for what you want, so we can provide you with exactly what you need. But even if someone provides you with information that isn't exactly what you want, for whatever reason, don't complain and get snarky. Thank them and try to specify more clearly what you want so we can help you. Be polite and nice and you'll get a lot more done then being rude.

Please take the time to read the resources at your disposal before complaining it's not good enough and please learn to respect your fellow forum members. We're humans behind the keyboard too and contrary to your belief we were trying to help you and there is absolutely no reason to get snarky about it. Assuming you were unaware though, please refrain from any sort of ultimatum "get out of my thread" type thing.. please understand once you accept a TOS and EULA, everything you do on a website is at the behest of the mod's. They are judge and jury, This thread belongs to MMOChamp and the mod's are the only one's who have any sort of power in it.

-D

Deleted
    Oh please, still discussing like a kid who wants to be right...
    Just read my posts one by one,
    i was rude yes, cuz some guys had to flame me here.
    And i thanked the guys who gave me appropriate answers.
    And than read your own post.

I am not looking for class guides.
    I am not looking for DPS guides.

And i read the goddamn thread before i posted here.
    So bad u wrote so much,
    in the end u just failed hard.
    Nothing to do with my question or the topic actually.
    Read before posting is a good advice for you.

And once more.
    I've got enough now and thank all the guys who posted the videoguides and threads.
    Some awesome information.
    Can be closed.

I wonder if everybody in the community here communicates and interacts like in this thread with new users.
    Last edited by mmoc687dc0ac13; 2012-08-19 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Yeah the gw2 community can sometimes be useless when it comes to simple questions and will just give you copy pastas about how it's not like wow and how there's no best build and how there's no healers and yadayada... god damn it, I just wanted to know what I need to click to use crafting! The wiki is completely useless when it comes to things like that.
    Specific questions are one thing. Comeing in asking for what amounts to "GW2 for Dummies" is a bit unreasonable. We can not provide that level of detail, it would just be rehashing the info threads, and super detailed howto everything guides wont be out till after launch as information changes too much during a beta to be worth the attempt before then.

Who is John Galt?

Yeah the gw2 community can sometimes be useless when it comes to simple questions and will just give you copy pastas about how it's not like wow and how there's no best build and how there's no healers and yadayada... god damn it, I just wanted to know what I need to click to use crafting! The wiki is completely useless when it comes to things like that.
    just because one or two guys answer in a non constructive way doesn't mean that the whole GW2-community is bad

history shows that a lot of people who show a mindset of other games with different design goals (things like fast leveling etc.) get "not so kind" reactions because those want the game to be like another elitism-game-clone. The community which loves the design goals Anet follows goes defensive because they don't want "other people" change "their" game. And these defensive actions tend to get agressive sometimes. It's not a GW2-only behaviour, this can be found everywhere.

I guess the OP wants something like this:

For level 1-10 go to this area and do this this and this. Use this weapon and this rotation. Your first trait points will go there to unlock this. Now add this to your rotation. After this area go there. continue your traits by unlocking this this and this...e.t.c. I think he asks for a very specific and the most efficient way to do everything in game with minimal thinking/choices from his side.

Now this guide does not exist but it is possible to be one. From the information here, at the official wiki someone can create a way to follow for each class. Even you can do this if you take the time to read all the infos. Read about the classes and see the videos of each class to see what playstyle you like. After you find a class that you like as playstyle, combat style, e.t.c. read the skills and read the builds lot of people have already posted and explaining the benefits of. Its not so difficult and don't call yourself noob..everyone is noob until he takes time to read the informations

Oh please, still discussing like a kid who wants to be right...
    Just read my posts one by one,
    i was rude yes, cuz some guys had to flame me here.
    And i thanked the guys who gave me appropriate answers.
    And than read your own post.

I am not looking for class guides.
    I am not looking for DPS guides.

And i read the goddamn thread before i posted here.
    So bad u wrote so much,
    in the end u just failed hard.
    Nothing to do with my question or the topic actually.
    Read before posting is a good advice for you.

And once more.
    I've got enough now and thank all the guys who posted the videoguides and threads.
    Some awesome information.
    Can be closed.

I wonder if everybody in the community here communicates and interacts like in this thread with new users.
    I think you were angry even before you start this thread. You had an offensive attitude from the very start, I am very surprised that people continue to try to help. Your offending attitude was the result of the answers you got.

Hey guys,
    i am a complete noob in Gw2.
    Are there any good guides u know.
    It should contain leveling, crafting and such things.
    I would appreciate your help.
    Just can't find one.
    Do you think that you are very specific about what you want in this post? Yes leveling requires fighting so someone might think you also need a class guide and you get mad because he thought that you may also need a class guide?

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Guys, stop being jerks. Someone asks for help and info, don't just go "LOL GOOGLE NOOB". Either be polite and help them out or don't post at all.
    I can only see this as /sarcasm . I cannot imagine you mean that
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-08-19 at 06:55 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I can't believe anyone is seeing this as anything but the OP being a snarky douche.

That info thread gives everything he asked for and more. If he wanted more specifics he should have asked more politely. He replied like an ass to every single post that wasn't exactly what he wanted. The GW2 community tried to give quick, helpful responses. You can't reallly expect them to just keep being nice after he basically said fuck off you aren't giving me what I want. Instead he should have just said "Thanks so much but I'm really looking for something more blahblahblah"

It saddens me the mods are taking the OP's side in this. Please just close the thread. I can't stand when people get pissy about reicieving friendly assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfire View Post
    I can't believe anyone is seeing this as anything but the OP being a snarky douche.

You can't reallly expect them to just keep being nice after he basically said fuck off you aren't giving me what I want.
    I'd say let's calm down and don't make a mountain out of a molehill

Im looking for a guide and not a collection of information.
    Dudes,
    i just want to know how crafting and leveling works in this game.
    I guess there was a beta, right ?
    So there also have to be some ppl who allready played this game, right ?
    I just wanna know how crafting works in this game and what possibilities i have to level up.
    Crafting works for gaining good exp or pvp or do i have to do quests.
    Reading is not one of your strengths i guess.

And thanks candy, i will read through that thread

//edit:
    I really thank you candy, that is a thread i was looking for.
    That's not really that rude imho. Yes, the OP could have been more politely, but let's be honest, everyone has a bad day now and than. Let's all calm down and drink a beer together.

Deleted
    Than why some nice guys could give me the information i needed.
    Thanks again.
    Well I tell you this, you seem to get offended pretty damn quick. There are tons of information everywhere. Open your eyes would be my suggestion.

You're all gonna be disappointed.
    Dat Game is crap, so i won't.

Please post productively. "Dat Game is crap" doesn't really say anything and just serves as flamebait. Infracted. -Edge

Yeah....
    Last edited by mmocf7e03b0f7c; 2012-08-20 at 12:28 AM.

...and now I regret defending the OP great