Deleted

alienware aurora

pretty easy question. Is it worth the price? it is 1300 euro in my country.

No. You can build a better computer than I have for that money (the one in my sig cost 1200 euros back in March/April).

Deleted
    You can build a much better PC for much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    No. You can build a better computer than I have for that money (the one in my sig cost 1200 euros back in March/April).
    Yes it is worth it, if you are not inclined to build yourself or do not want to build yourself. As with most things that are easily built or snapped together in this situation it is cheaper to do it yourself, this does not take away from somethings worth, if I built a PC @ $1200 I'd sell it for atleast $1400.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is worth it if you can afford it. I love my Alienware desktop and laptop.

I would however, upgrade the machine, 1300 is too cheap for an Alienware

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    pretty easy question. Is it worth the price? it is 1300 euro in my country.
    It is not even close to be worth it, the default configuration that you probably are looking at features a GT 555 which isn't even a real gaming GPU. It is way overpriced and it is not configured for gaming, it is even based on a x79 platform.

You can do much better with lesser money.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    It is not even close to be worth it, the default configuration that you probably are looking at features a GT 555 which isn't even a real gaming GPU. It is way overpriced and it is not configured for gaming, it is even based on a x79 platform.

You can do much better with lesser money.
    I do agree with this, the default configuration isn't very good. It's a must to up the price and get the best available parts.

Deleted
    Aaaah wtf? I looked the thing up, and the processor options are as follows:

- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3820 (10M Cache, Overclocked up to 4.1 GHz) [Included in Price]

- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3820 (10M Cache, Overclocked up to 4.2 GHz) [Add $150.00 or $5.00/month1]

I'm not even going to say anything about the i7 in a gaming rig, but they want to charge you $150 for overclocking your CPU 0,1 Ghz?

And yes, it comes with a freaking GTX555 graphics card. In a gaming rig. Yeeaaaaah.

Also, if you buy a Dell U2312HM screen along with your Alienware PC, it costs $299. Now mind you that Alienware is part of Dell, and you're basically buying from Dell, but if you buy the same screen alone from Dell IT ONLY COSTS $239. Same with Dell U2410. Buy it as an Alienware and it costs $599, buy it as an Dell and it costs $549.

I'd stay the fuck away from Alienware.

I'm not even going to say anything about the i7 in a gaming rig, but they want to charge you $150 for overclocking your CPU 0,1 Ghz?
    I will, however. The 2500K matches the i7 3820 in gaming scenarios. The 3570K is ~5% faster than the 2500K. You don't need to be a Quantum Physicist to work out how much better the 3570K is than the 3820.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I will, however. The 2500K matches the i7 3820 in gaming scenarios. The 3570K is ~5% faster than the 2500K. You don't need to be a Quantum Physicist to work out how much better the 3570K is than the 3820.
    5% faster!!!! *genius*

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. They're charging probably 500 dollars over the cost of the parts. Don't ever buy alienware. Even to people who say "if you have the money". you're still wasting money. You could build a machine for 900 dollars that would beat that computer in just about every performance test.