Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    2TB hard drives (all manufacturers) have a higher return rate than OCZ's SSD line.
    Well, the OCZ Petrol would like to have a word with you... Failure rates of >20% in the first half year...
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Do I really need a SSD? All i do is download aloooooot and i play alot of games/watch movies. What advantages does a SSD give me for the things I do?

Thanks in advanc =)

edit: most people think this is for my old laptop. It's actually for new rig i'm about to build. Which is a pretty nice one that costs around 1200 €
    Need ? ofcourse not, but it sure as hell is awesome to have one if you afford it. I got mine (crucial m4 120 gb for 85 euro ) a couple of weeks ago, and you sure as hell do notice the difference.

Get one if you can afford it, but don't go broke over an ssd.

Necessary?No but sure it helps with the loading times.It's awesome for mmos.In Wow i went from 6 sec loading time to 1-2 sec.I got 80 gb Corsair ssd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Do I really need a SSD? All i do is download aloooooot and i play alot of games/watch movies. What advantages does a SSD give me for the things I do?

Thanks in advanc =)

edit: most people think this is for my old laptop. It's actually for new rig i'm about to build. Which is a pretty nice one that costs around 1200 €

An SSD is about as necessary as a fast CPU, and fast GPU or any other premium component.

It will significantly improve your quality of life while working with the PC in almost every way. If you're spending 1200 Euros on a PC it would be stupid not to invest a fraction of that money into an SSD that will be much more noticeable than the 10 more FPS your premium GPU will offer you vs. a midrange GPU.

So yes, in a 1200 Euro PC I'd consider an SSD "necessary"!

You don't necessary need to have it, but I really recommend you to give it a try. If you don't want to spend a lot of money - get a 60GB SSD - it will be enough for the OS and a few programs. But if you have some money to spend - I would recommend to get 128 GB OCZ VERTEX 4 (Sorry I can not post links yet)