Arena focus 1/2/3 broken?

Hey, i can't seem to get the following to work.

Macro 1
    /focus [@Arena1]
    Macro 2
    /focus [@Arena2]
    Macro 3
    /focus [@Arena3]

I have also tried
    /focus Arena1
    /focus Arena2
    /focus Arena3

Thanks, i was contemplating a
    /target Arena1
    /focus
    /targetlasttarget macro. But that would be way to clunky, It already feels that way for my redirect Kidney that uses the same set up (only /Target focus instead)

/focus [@arena1]
    ect

use /cast [target=Focus] macros instead.
    ie: /cast [target=Focus] Kidney Shot
    They don't drop your targets.
    Last edited by solvexx; 2012-08-18 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he wants it so that it just sets a focus target, rather than targeting an ability at his focus.

OT: Just use gladius, you can just right click the target on the frame and it sets it as your focus.

This might sound dumb, and I'm no macro expert, but maybe the "arena1" etc. names are case-sensitive? I can't try it out myself, don't have a subscription atm.

EDIT: And I think it's "/focus arena1", no brackets. Could also be wrong, though.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2012-08-18 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    This might sound dumb, and I'm no macro expert, but maybe the "arena1" etc. names are case-sensitive? I can't try it out myself, don't have a subscription atm.

EDIT: And I think it's "/focus arena1", no brackets. Could also be wrong, though.
    Yes Nition.
    Solvexx, Redirect Kidney macros don't work on [@focus] to smoothly hence why i use that target switch, you hardly even notice the drop. only thing that gives it away is my combo points 'flash'.
    Reckoner, I've tried /focus arena1 /focus [@arena1] and /focus Arena1 /focus [@Arena1].

All of my stance 0-3 [@focus] macros work just fine.

I'm just sick of having to mouse over focus people mid arena. Using the cursor to focus slows down the fluidity of my gameplay.

TLDR: how make focus arena 1/2/3 work qq.

Try this out:
    /script FocusUnit("arena1");
    or:
    /script FocusUnit(arena1);

If this doesn't work, you're probably out of luck. I got this idea from http://www.wowpedia.org/API_FocusUnit but I don't know how up-to-date that article is.

You can still post about it on the official UI forums (the Blizzard forums), the blues posting there are pretty straight-forward and seem like they work pretty closely with the community (at least they did when I last read those forums ).
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2012-08-18 at 07:01 PM.

/focus arena1

should be working. You are doing this after arena match starts right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Try this out:
    /script FocusUnit("arena1");
    or:
    /script FocusUnit(arena1);

If this doesn't work, you're probably out of luck. I got this idea from http://www.wowpedia.org/API_FocusUnit but I don't know how up-to-date that article is.

You can still post about it on the official UI forums (the Blizzard forums), the blues posting there are pretty straight-forward and seem like they work pretty closely with the community (at least they did when I last read those forums ).
    FocusUnit is protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    /focus arena1

should be working. You are doing this after arena match starts right?
    Yes, i just don't understand why it's not working. /target arena1 works /focus isnt...

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    Yes, i just don't understand why it's not working. /target arena1 works /focus isnt...
    If you're sure that doesn't work you could always try
    Code:
    /tar arena1
    /focus
    /targetlasttarget

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator