Need some help finalising / improving my first time build.

So i've decided its time to build my own pc, my knowledge in this is not amazing but I do know the basics i guess.

Budget: Around £1000, prefer to be less than that.
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Games / Settings Desired: Mainly MoP Ultra Settings with good FPS, Battlefield 3 High Settings with good FPS
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): 3D Video Modeling / CAD designs for Uni.
    Parts that can be reused: Got a 22 inch monitor im going to reuse.
    Do you need an OS? No
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Yes, 1 monitor, around 24-27 inch to go with the 22inch monitor.

My build that I've come up with so far, not yet complete. I still need a Mobo, CPU cooler as I do plan to overclock the CPU and a case to put everything into. I like the look of the Coolermaster HAF series cases and would probably go for something like that.

Build so far:

CPU: i5 - 3570k - £175 - Amazon UK.
    CPU Cooler Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - £45 - Amazon UK
    Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V LK S1155 Intel Z77 DDR3 ATX £103 Dabz
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory - £39 - Amazon UK
    Storage HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM - £52 - Amazon UK
    Storage SSD: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk - £80 - Amazon UK
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card - £260 Scan UK
    Case: Cooler Master Tower HAF 922 with Transparent Side Panel - £72 - Amazon UK
    Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply - £85 Scan UK
    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer - £14 - Amazon UK
    Monitor: *(Insert 24" Monitor Here)*

Total = £925. (Excluding 2nd Monitor).

2nd Monitor isnt mandator but would be nice. Atm i've got a 22" monitor so would like a 2nd for dual screen however it can wait till i get more cash. Would like something like a 24" monitor atleast for around £150 if possible.

Would like some advice on anything that would be better value for money instead of the items i've chosen above. Thanks.
    Thanks for your time, hope you can help me
    Last edited by Voodoozz; 2012-08-18 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Added final items.

Well I am in NO way an expert, but I am building a PC too currently, well in the process, and I was recommended (and also read a LOT of forums) the ASRock Z77 Extreme4. Wish I could post links now, but I havn't posted enough. A Google search will get you to the newegg site though.

Depending on where you find it, it ranges from $130 to $180 in price, at least where I have looked. Apparently it's also really good with overclocking from reading the newegg reviews.

CPU Cooler I am going to purchase for my i5 3570k is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Apparently you can get a pretty high OC with this cooler as I plan to oc too.

Thanks for your Suggestion Bane95, i've decided to go with the Thermaltake Frio & the Asus Mobo as recomended my Chaud on the Pc Setup. Would sitll like to bring the price down a bit so i can try to afford an extra monitor. Would still like to keep with the Modular PSU however not sure if i could find a cheaper one of lower wattage. 650 may be a little overkill for what i've got.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

For your build If you can't do Ultra on WoW and BF3 on Ultra with maybe AA turned down then somethings wrong. You should definitely be fine with everything here.

Well, my POV is that people spend WAY too little on their monitor. They put a sweet rig together, then wonder why it doesn't blow them away. I understand money doesn't grow on trees, but I spent twice as much on my monitor than I did on my graphics card (at the time, I think it was $300 GPU and $600 monitor). Even if you don't go that high, don't buy a $300 GPU and only spend $150 on the monitor.

This, as an example, would be a monitor that should last 6+ years and still look amazing:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824260020

This, is another good choice that isn't as pricey:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236287

The case is a very personal choice, but I always like to throw a shout out to my personal favorite:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119194

If USB 3.0 on your front panel matters to you (it wouldn't to me, but figured I would mention it), double check the specs before you buy.
    For example: this has 3.0 on the front:
    http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6822

This one does not:
    http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6606

Your setup looks pretty sweet, I think you are going to be pretty happy with it!