Question Just Need a Good Mobo/Video/CPU/PSU

I have my case, HDD, memory etc., already so I just need the rest. I picked out some things already to fill in the blanks, tell me what you think of so far.

• EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1461-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video
    • SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
    • ASRock Z77 Pro4-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    • Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

Trying to build a half decent gaming build, give me some recommendations!

Budget: $600-$900
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Games / Settings Desired: Close to Ultra
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Nope
    Parts that can be reused: None
    Do you need an OS? No
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No
    Last edited by Mawler; 2012-08-18 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You havent told us what your budget is, if you need any peripherals, where you are from, basicly almost nothing that Chaud has said that needs to be written down when posting in Computer Build/Upgrade area... Be specific.

Within $600-$900. Updated OP.

Some comments, in addition to Deathguard's ultra important point: Give us more details on what you have so far, where you are, etc!
    Update: List the parts you currently have, especially memory and case.

• Get an SSD. It's a huge upgrade over an HDD, and prices are coming down.
    • I have that video card, or one very much like it, and it's definitely solid. Not sure how an ATI card compares at the same price point, so it's probably a matter of personal preference and your monitor setup.
    • If you have memory, make sure it will work with the MB you get.
    • You'll need a cooler for your processor. I'd go with a liquid-based one like the H70 core from Corsair, but there are lots of good air-cooled ones, too.

Happy building!
    Last edited by Vandexander; 2012-08-18 at 10:50 PM.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
    Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($121.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.98 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $866.94
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-18 18:53 EDT-0400)

Added in a 128gb SSD and stayed within budget

EDIT:

Oops forgot a power supply

Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $79.99
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-18 18:55 EDT-0400)

Goes a little over budget, but you can drop the SSD if you want. Personally I would just spend the little bit more and keep it
    Last edited by Him; 2012-08-18 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandexander View Post
    • You'll need a cooler for your processor. I'd go with a liquid-based one like the H70 core from Corsair, but there are lots of good air-cooled ones, too.

I agree with what this guy said about an SSD, it's a good "nice to have" if it's in your budget range after the more important stuff is bought. However, I just want to point out that the CPU fan Intel includes with the processor is more than good enough for most usage conditions providing the airflow in your case isn't horrible. I have an i5-3570k (default 3.4ghz clock speed) that is overclocked to 4.2ghz and have no problems with heat whatsoever while using the Intel one. If you plan on majorly overclocking then yes, you need an aftermarket cooler, but if you just plan on light overclocking or none at all, then save your money.

Some other things you should know:
    - A SATA cable is a SATA cable. Don't pay more for ones marketed as 6GB/s. (reference)
    - Standard hard drives (non SSD) cannot spin fast enough to achieve speeds exceeding 3GB/s, so don't be fooled by that. Only an SSD can make use of 6GB/s speeds. I bring this up because your new motherboard will have several Sata 6GB/s ports and several Sata 3GB/s ports. If you are running standard magnetic HDs, just hook them into the 3GBs ports and save your 6Gbs ports for when you can upgrade to SSDs.
    Last edited by apinksquash; 2012-08-18 at 11:42 PM.
    Life is good.

Thanks for the helps guys!