Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

What other professions would you like to see in the future?

I never played GW1 but based on them adding several professions in later expansions I think it's pretty safe to say we'll likely see some added in future expansions.

I'd like to see some kind of Shapeshifter. Also would like to see something like Monk, but preferably one that uses more hand to hand combat or a bow staff. And would love to see some Dragon type class, like a dragoon.

Some sort of monk/martial art type of class.

Weapons; staff, dagger, torch, hammer, shortbow, fist [new weapon type] and whip [new weapon type].

Classic mechanics: fighting stance, mantras, symbols and auras.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-18 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted
    I always loved the paragon class hope they do something with it!

Monk. Ray of Judgement. Enough said. Too bad Guardians have a skill with the same name, although far less awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've really wanted an archer class without a pet, hopefully they do this in the future,

Yep, martial arts monk using a staff to hit things instead of shooting rays from it.

Deleted
    I'd love to have Paragon or Dervish back myself.

Paragons are probably too close to Guardians already though (apart from Paragons in GW1 being ranged mainly) since they both focus a lot on buffing and such.

Dervish would be more unique and interesting probably.
    For weapons:
    Bring in Greataxe which the existing 2h classes could also use
    Scythe (prof specific weapon, or possible share with Necromancer)
    Staff
    Possibly 1 other already existing option (no idea what though)

EDIT: A shapeshifter would be very cool though. Not a Druid as such who turns into only "natural" animals, but animals should be a part of it. I'd like to see some unconventional animals though (ie, not just bears and cats). How about a spider form, or drake form?
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2012-08-18 at 10:52 PM.

hard to answer this since my knowledge of the game's lore is limited, so I dunno what classes would fit lore-wise or not.

So instead of drawing from classes of an obscure game most people wont know about, or drawing from classes of wow, I'll draw from classes of the father of all roleplaying games: D&D.

I would love to see a Battle-mage, or Mage-knight. A class that combines wearing plate armor, and using spell and sword to fight enemies.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Chronomancer.
    This sounds intriguing... please do elaborate on possibilities...
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    I would've really wanted an archer class without a pet, hopefully they do this in the future,
    Rogue, warrior?

Both can use bows and dont have pets.

Definitely a Dervish. It was my favorite class in GW1.

Deleted
    @turbonerd
    Paragon's version of GW2 is guardian, I think.

A profession that plays with 1hand and 2handed scythes, (dervish?) and 2handed axes.
    A profession that wears Heavy armor since there are 3 scholar and adventurer professions but only 2 soldier ones.
    ^-- Seems like a death knight is missing

Would like to see a martial fighter profession with fist weapons, polearms and bare fists! (weapons with no model?)
    And a profession that is themed around magic, but melee, like an arcane warrior or a battlemage of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Rogue, warrior?

Both can use bows and dont have pets.
    And warrior has access to rifles too, in case you want to be a sniper, which you cant cause rangers can't wield rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Definitely a Dervish. It was my favorite class in GW1.

Dervish would be awesome With GW2 engine I am sure dervish gameplay would rock!
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2012-08-18 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    This sounds intriguing... please do elaborate on possibilities...
    It was a concept for GW Utopia. Beyond the name and some art:

We don't have anything. Mesmers in GW2 seem to have a bit of "time mage" type vibes to them, so chronomancer might not be a possibility.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-18 at 11:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I would love to see a Battle-mage, or Mage-knight. A class that combines wearing plate armor, and using spell and sword to fight enemies.
    That could be cool. I'd like to see them work similar to the current elementalist in terms of mechanics but more melee orientated.

IE, Give them elements to swap between.

Weapons: 1h Sword, 1h Mace + Shield, 2h Sword, 2h Mace

Elements: Fire, Earth, Cold, Lightning

Similar to the Elementalist only allow use of 1 weaponset at a time, since they have the 4 elements at their disposal.

Alternatively, put a different spin on the Elementalist model and allow weapon swaps, but limit elements. So maybe they only have access to Earth and Fire, but they can also combat-swap between their 2h Sword and their 1h Sword. The result is they still have 16 skills available, but they're more weapon-based than element based.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2012-08-18 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    That could be cool. I'd like to see them work similar to the current elementalist in terms of mechanics but more melee orientated.

IE, Give them elements to swap between.

Weapons: 1h Sword, 1h Mace + Shield, 2h Sword, 2h Mace

Elements: Fire, Earth, Cold, Lightning

Similar to the Elementalist only allow use of 1 weaponset at a time, since they have the 4 elements at their disposal.

Alternatively, put a different spin on the Elementalist model and allow weapon swaps, but limit elements. So maybe they only have access to Earth and Fire, but they can also combat-swap between their 2h Sword and their 1h Sword. The result is they still have 16 skills available, but they're more weapon-based than element based.
    May as well just say give elementalists more melee weapons. No sense in making another exactly the same class simply with only weapon differences.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some kind of future space guy.
    Like not an alien, but just a profession that uses maybe some melee weapons, and a gun. But their skills are all futuristic.
    Maybe makes the weapons into like beam swords and stuff like Phantasy Star online.

I know it doesn't really fit, but I'm sure they could make up some silly story. Just the way the game plays made me wish PSO was more like it haha.

I would die happy to have Ritualist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticktox View Post
    May as well just say give elementalists more melee weapons. No sense in making another exactly the same class simply with only weapon differences.
    Naw ...

They need heavy armor, buff-next strike type skill or two, some ranged capabilities, but only use swords, greatswords, mace and staff.
    Think of it as a plate enhancement shaman from wow

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm more interested in the expansion of races that will open up new worlds and hopefully new cities that people will visit and use for more than a week. Would love to see a hybrid mix of magic and pistol using though. Would be hawt.