Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warlock or witch type?

There really is no priestly class, probably because they'd be so quickly (and wrongly) buttonholed to be the "healer" class, even though there ISN'T one. But still as far as archetypes are concerned it's a pretty big gap in the spectrum that they don't have covered.
    -Styopa

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    Yes. Oh god, I haven't played 4 in ages. Or 5.
    No one remembers the classics anymore
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I didn't play an engineer much.
    That makes me sad really......spirits - turrets. Changes the entire focus.
    Turrets are spirits. Like you handle and deploy them exactly as the Rits did. Same general tactical considerations and so on. There are just fewer turrets than Rit spirits. And in a softer way, Elixirs and Kits on the Engineer serving the same mechanical purposes as Ritualist.

Engineers don't have all the lifesteal / perma interrupt cheese of Ritualist is all.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-19 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Turrets are spirits. Like you handle and deploy them exactly as the Rits did. Same general tactical considerations and so on. There are just fewer turrets than Rit spirits. And in a softer way, Elixirs and Kits on the Engineer serving the same mechanical purposes as Ritualist.

Engineers don't have all the lifesteal / perma interrupt cheese of Ritualist is all.
    Engineers will also never have this:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticktox View Post
    I never played GW1 but based on them adding several professions in later expansions I think it's pretty safe to say we'll likely see some added in future expansions.

I'd like to see some kind of Shapeshifter. Also would like to see something like Monk, but preferably one that uses more hand to hand combat or a bow staff. And would love to see some Dragon type class, like a dragoon.
    i just cant see why and how would a new profession be included, new race sure, but a profession as you discribe? i dont see that really happening, all professions atm all ready covering the aspects of the game play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Not really sure there is any role gap for a new profession to fill really. And more profs = more hassle balancing and making them unique.

I'd prefer more weapons over more Profs, and possibly new races at some point.
    I agree with this, but if Anet does make a profession that is unique enough and easy to balance I don't see why not. A dark version of a Guardian would be interesting, and so far is not covered by anything else. Necromancers are more condition based and have pets. A melee user who uses plate, shadowy/dark magic and a unique mechanic would be very viable and different enough to not feel like it is stepping on anyone's toes.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Deleted
    Btw i know this is off topic but could someone explane why a ''monk'' would be an interesting class to play? all ''monks'' irl would never resort to violence and dont have any ''super kungfu'' knowledge, so why`?

Quote Originally Posted by Rather View Post
    Btw i know this is off topic but could someone explane why a ''monk'' would be an interesting class to play? all ''monks'' irl would never resort to violence and dont have any ''super kungfu'' knowledge, so why`?
    Perhaps for the same reasons a Monk was fun to play in Everquest. Fun concept.

Or why Executioner's of Shaolin is an awesome movie. Fun concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    Sounds like what I was talking about in the my post before that one :P But I don't know if a "only melee" class fits. It has to have at least some type of ranged weapon, remember everyone should be able to do ranged/melee/support/dmg/control. So yeah.. Like I said earlier: I would like a death/dark knight of some sort but without undead minions. They focus more on blood and dark magic. Like the one you can be in ffx-2.

Thats the only one 3rd soldier profession I can see fit that is not to look-a-like any other profession. :P
    As i said spells would take the place of ranged. And yeah i still wanna see a good old fashioned battle mage using element themed magic and a warriors brute strength.

---------- Post added 2012-08-19 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rather View Post
    Someone doesn't know their history. Martial arts as we know them today(welll some forms at least) ORIGINATED from monks in china to fend off bandits and the like. So yeah that's where it came from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Déjà vu... Pretty sure we've had this topic before!

I still vote for a Dragoon/Dragon Knight, to fill the "evil knight" archetype.
    I think a "summoner" of some sorts would be pretty neat, too. Necros don't really have the right feel, imo.
    Chronomancer would be fun to see as well!
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-19 at 05:54 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    we've had this topic at least 4 times

at least 30 if you count the pre-mesmer ones
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-08-19 at 05:56 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Déjà vu... Pretty sure we've had this topic before!

I still vote for a Dragoon/Dragon Knight, to fill the "evil knight" archetype.
    I think a "summoner" of some sorts would be pretty neat, too. Necros don't really have the right feel, imo.
    Chronomancer would be fun to see as well!
    I like how one of the guys on the last one kinda misses the point about the enh shammie analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    No one remembers the classics anymore
    Immediate reference in mine for naming my character Kain Highwind.
    I just like the idea of being so mobile and jumping and using a lance is all. And Kain was such a badass in the sense of oh...which side is he on...is he good? Is he evil?

He's so manly.

How I'd want him to look in GW2:

Hehehe.

Dragoons might just made people thing of SC though. However...c'mon now.../jumps. Goes out of screen. Waits 10 seconds. Comes down and AoEs a huge area and everything explodes. Elite skill would obviously be called JUMP, hahahahaha. Win.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-08-19 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say some kind of a dragon or dragoon knight, as others have suggested. Or a monk type player, using fist weapons and whips. The only mmo I've ever seen whips used was runescape...and I loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we already see the Nightmare Court using thorn whips, so whips as weapons is not particularly out of the question.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    no need for more professions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    no need for more professions
    Who said anything about need? ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Who said anything about need? ^_^
    true, i can't really think of anything they could implement though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    true, i can't really think of anything they could implement though
    well, so we are fortunate you're not working in ANet then. If you cant think about something doesnt mean it's impossible. WoW was good without Death Knights and Monks, but with them is even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    WoW was good without Death Knights and Monks, but with them is even better.
    To be fair, many people would argue otherwise. :P