Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    I don't think "dragon magic" would be more evil or corruptive as necromancy honestly btw.
    But maybe that's just me.
    Well. Technically, no. But it's worth noting that the Elder Dragons are a threat to all natural (or what's perceived to be natural) life on Tyria, currently. :P

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wolke View Post
    Scepter seems flimsy for a soldier proffession.
    Say that to the Guardian. I can easily see a "Dragon Knight" doing it, focusing more on the magical side of their powers than the martial prowess.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I did, worldofworkcraft did, and other people did.

It's not our fault you are blind and can not read... oh wait

Like I said lack of imagination in your department. Which is why you are not a game designer and the people at Anet are. They made tyria, don't think a new class is out of their reach.
    Try reading more than the first line of my posts dear, you'll not embarrass yourself that way. I gave credit to Worldof and a few others already.

Looks like you're the one who can't read huh? Now take my advice and stop before you make yourself look even dumber.

(I promise that's my last post on the matter Kelesti, kinda hard to be nice when people jump down your throat for trying to explore THEIR ideas)

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Also, I'm all for the crossbow profession idea. Less of a profession, actually, more of just the introduction of the crossbow as a weapon.

Crossbows are awesome.
    I too would like crossbows :P Oh well, dual pistols will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

I too would like crossbows :P Oh well, dual pistols will have to do.
    I want gunblades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I want gunblades.
    That should be an Engineer kit.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the idea of dragon (or dragoon) knights. That sounds epic. Kind of like demon hunters of WoW..fighting fire with fire, using the enemies powers against them. It's an awesome idea that should be presented to Anet imo. Anet said they may introduce new weapons in expansions. So they should be using the new weapons, spears/halberds, maybe whips, maybe great axes or great swords etc. I think for the purpose of not copying Final Fantasy they should be called Dragon Knights. Their powers could come from the elder dragons, they should use something similar to attunements to bring out the variety of powers of the elder dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Unique, different, not the majority, whatever.

Why are you nitpicking? It's annoying, and stirring things up for absolutely no reason than, as far as I can tell, to be annoying.
    Because we've asked you to theme, and all you go on about is retooling the ShadowKnight concept, but if it's dragons it fits perfectly! So while I get you like the "kinda evil but not evil" thing, it'd be nice for you to show me how that would work, rather than just changing Righteous Smash into Corrupting Crush while still keeping the same functionality.

Sell it to me, not from a loregasm view, sell it to me from a gameplay point of view. How would I play this, that's not functionally a Guardian with "black" spells. Can you sell it to me without fapping to "omg dragons give you powers"? Because I'd love you to. If you can't, step aside and let someone else who can, maybe?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I really like the idea of dragon (or dragoon) knights. That sounds epic. Kind of like demon hunters of WoW..fighting fire with fire, using the enemies powers against them. It's an awesome idea that should be presented to Anet imo. Anet said they may introduce new weapons in expansions. So they should be using the new weapons, spears/halberds, maybe whips, maybe great axes or great swords etc. I think for the purpose of not copying Final Fantasy they should be called Dragon Knights. Their powers could come from the elder dragons, they should use something similar to attunements to bring out the variety of powers of the elder dragons.
    I wish demon hunter became a class...but it was too weird to implement I guess. We saw them in abundance at Black Temple (or at least, fighting on top) and other places, though the powerful ones usually became corrupted I thought? (except that one in Nagrand, I liked him). Anyway, when I first mentioned Dragoon/Dragon Knight I didn't think people would go along with it, since I was just like "Final Fantasy weeeeeee!"...but seeing as how Dragons are a huge part of GW2 and the main antagonist, you never know!

Plus...everyone loves dragons...so...there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Can you sell it to me without fapping to "omg dragons give you powers"? Because I'd love you to. If you can't, step aside and let someone else who can, maybe?
    $3.50?

..I need to go learn how to play a Guardian again so I can be ready for Saturday night, woop woop!
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-08-20 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    Because we've asked you to theme, and all you go on about is retooling the ShadowKnight concept, but if it's dragons it fits perfectly! So while I get you like the "kinda evil but not evil" thing, it'd be nice for you to show me how that would work, rather than just changing Righteous Smash into Corrupting Crush while still keeping the same functionality.

Sell it to me, not from a loregasm view, sell it to me from a gameplay point of view. How would I play this, that's not functionally a Guardian with "black" spells. Can you sell it to me without fapping to "omg dragons give you powers"? Because I'd love you to. If you can't, step aside and let someone else who can, maybe?
    The idea is a simple concept that's been done before. Harness power from dragons to use against dragons. That's a very simple concept, it's been done before a lot (as have most other professions). The idea I had was that, like you have the guardian 'Aegis,' there would be an empowered buff for the Dragoon which would give his or her abilities a second effect or an empowered effect. The ability on F1 would be a leap ability, the signature Dragoon move being jump, which would empower your weapon to provide an effect similar to aegis which makes a spectral lance surround your weapon. This buff has 15 charges (auto attack does not consume a charge) and lasts 30 seconds, the F1 ability would have a 60 sec cooldown.

Basically the lance, like I've said, would empower abilities and change them slightly. Say you had a lunge that inflicted bleeding, it now dazes the target and consumes a charge. For example, you may have a cripple. The cripple could be empowered into an immobilise effect and could consume a charge. Maybe you had a block? The block could then be empowered to reflect the blocked damage back at your opponent. There's endless possibilities for this system. That's just the idea I've been imagining anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

I already "themed" it mechanically for those of you that lack inmagination, if you would actually care to go back to reading properly, instead of just trying to harass me.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-20 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish demon hunter became a class...but it was too weird to implement I guess. We saw them in abundance at Black Temple (or at least, fighting on top) and other places, though the powerful ones usually became corrupted I thought? (except that one in Nagrand, I liked him). Anyway, when I first mentioned Dragoon/Dragon Knight I didn't think people would go along with it, since I was just like "Final Fantasy weeeeeee!"...but seeing as how Dragons are a huge part of GW2 and the main antagonist, you never know!

Plus...everyone loves dragons...so...there's that.

$3.50?
    Same here man, demon hunters should have been a thing. The only way they could be implemented into WoW now is via talent tree imo. Warlocks have wayy too many of their special abilities. Blizz is planning on bringing back Illidan though, so there's still hope for when the Argus expansion comes along.

But yeah you never know, it's a very unique class only seen in a few video games aside the FF franchise. Because of how Anet is handling classes and the way they work, a class like the Dragoon/Dragon Knight could be something really cool.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2012-08-20 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already "themed" it mechanically for those of you that lack inmagination, if you would actually care to go back to reading properly, instead of just trying to harass me.
    if people keep "missing it" then you might want to link exact posts
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I really don't want a monk in this game, monks in GW1 was healers, and that's what i see monks at.

Proffession wise i really want something different from other games, like the mesmer or Sylvari is, something unexpected that's also brand new to the genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I wouldn't see 'em with Pistols. Or Shortbow, for that matter. I could see them doing Longbow, and potentially Scepter.

Maybe not even Shield, but only because I think it would be "different" to have at least one soldier profession that doesn't use Shields.

Agreed. Also i like how i keep suggesting possible ways for battle mages and on 12 an idea i had for dragon knights just get glossed over when people bitch about mechanics.

But yeah melee weapons only as i said for the battle mage idea and instead they use dark magic in this case or elemental in the battle mage one for ranged. So yeah i'd dig a pure melee weapon user with magic for ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Also i like how i keep suggesting possible ways for battle mages and on 12 an idea i had for dragon knights just get glossed over when people bitch about mechanics.
    What's particularly irritating is that in this thread, people keep suggesting things like chronomancer, monk, dervish, I think I've seen "blue mage" a few times... and yet only this dragoon/dragon knight concept I'm putting forth (and I'm not even the only one or the first one to ever suggest it) is getting anybody riled up as to whether or not it's "different" enough, with people asking for specific mechanics.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-20 at 06:13 PM.

To a certain degree abilities would have overlap like Righteus smash int Corrupting Crush.

For example right now the Warrior hammer skill number one is Hammer Swing -> Hammer Bash-> Hammer Smash. The Guardian one is Hammer swing -> Hammer bash-> Symbol of Protection.

The Dragooner chain could thus be Hammer swing -> Hammer bash-> Dragon Burst

Dragon burst
    Smash the ground creating a patch of Dragon Brand apllying Brand burn to enemies that come in contact with it burning them for X damage.

Like the Guardian and the Warrior the chain would start of the same with swings and bashes and end with something class apropriate, for the guardian it was a support move, for the warrior it was a direct damage move, and for the Dragoon it could be a condition move.
    Last edited by Wolke; 2012-08-20 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want gunblades.
    Maceguns would be cool as well. Funny thing is that BOTH gunblades and hammerguns were made so were halbredguns honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolke View Post
    and for the Dragoon it could be a condition move.
    I wonder if the concept of "marking" an enemy for interaction with other skills in different ways could be tied to the chain hit, and implemented for some fun ideas. Having additional effects happen to the enemy if they've been marked by you, sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's particularly irritating is that in this thread, people keep suggesting things like chronomancer, monk, dervish, I think I've seen "blue mage" a few times... and yet only this dragoon/dragon knight concept I'm putting forth (and I'm not even the only one or the first one to ever suggest it) is getting anybody riled up as to whether or not it's "different" enough, with people asking for specific mechanics.

And you have my sympathies. It's one of the reasons i've been elaborating my idea and yours off and on. I mean if each of us can come up with a method of doing one as differently as we have why can't a new class like yours OR mine be introduced.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 06:19 PM ----------

He has as have i. You just don't get it. As i said before the style and feel can often do more than you'd think. Think it was page 12 where i wrote something up about that.

I wonder if the concept of "marking" an enemy for interaction with other skills in different ways could be tied to the chain hit, and implemented for some fun ideas. Having additional effects happen to the enemy if they've been marked by you, sort of thing.
    Sure. Perhaps the core mechanic could be that abilities cause the branded effect on the opponent causing the Dragooners attack to extra damage to the target. F1 could be used as a sort of detonate causing the dots to explode for AoE damage based on stack count.

I'm laying claim to the Dragoon idea because I'm awesome . I'd elaborate on ideas if I really felt it necessary, but it's not, so I won't. I laid out class ideas before for WoW (if you search my post history you can probably find ideas pertaining to MoP, but that's not worth it..was more reasoning as to why they could be added, didn't relaly touch on what they'd do xD) and it was fun because there was an incoming expansion. But...to really fan out this idea would require less work being done at work, which in theory sounds fun, but this thread is half people bickering with each other over something (sorry, didn't really read it since it wasn't a cool idea/class named)...so it's not worth it.

I'll throw in things here and there but I probably won't lay out a class design. Breathing fire, jumping, magic, lances...all easily attributed to a dragoon/dragon knight without much thought. Everyone else is doing well with their ideas. Go team!

Pew pew.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-08-20 at 06:31 PM.