10+ Year Old Account

Driver Issue, Card Issue, or Game Issue? GTX 670 FTW Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psFEDVK57SY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egEscS_lGEc

I recorded a video of it, I uploaded it as 720p/1080p should be able to see.

Happens in Uniengine Heaven Benchmark
    3Dmark06
    OpenGL games

Some games are more prevalent than others but this occurs a lot for me and scares me, I really would like to think it's a driver issue but 301.42 and 304.79 drivers both do this.

There is no performance issue that I know of, seems to be running up to standard with the other GTX 670's.

It happens on stock clock and won't even bother testing an underclock since it's factory clocked to 1009 MHz and lowering it ruins the whole buying the FTW Edition.

Why wouldn't you test underclocking? It's good to get it done for troubleshooting, if it fixes it you can return it and get a new one.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-08-19 at 12:13 AM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Why wouldn't you test underclocking? It's good to get it done for troubleshooting, if it fixes it you can return it and get a new one.
    Underclocked it to 900Mhz, still the same issues in every game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you that the distant mountain issue with skyrim is a game problem. Just checked Borderlands also and i have those artifacts at the start of Zombie island.
    Seems both of your videos are game issues not your card. Can you post a vid of your unigine run?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiatan View Post
    I can tell you that the distant mountain issue with skyrim is a game problem. Just checked Borderlands also and i have those artifacts at the start of Zombie island.
    Seems both of your videos are game issues not your card. Can you post a vid of your unigine run?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8upxfniygE

Are the shadows supposed to flicker? is that normal

10+ Year Old Account
    The shadows are a rendering effect I get that also, There seems to be nothing wrong with your card from what I can see unless you wanna put it through a stress test.
    Try a 1 hour run in occt to stress it to give yourself peace of mind.