Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Why do I have a feeling that came from a rift fansite?
    It's actually from an mmo website called massively.

Here's the link to the post.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08...ll-expansions/

Actually it comes from http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08...ll-expansions/
    Last edited by Wryn; 2012-08-22 at 12:01 PM.

It's from Massively.com
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08...ons/#continued

Take off the tin foil hat.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08...ll-expansions/

EDIT: Four replies should nail it to ya, lol. Clearly should have finished reading the thread before replying
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-08-22 at 12:49 PM.

It is from Massively a GW2 fansite actually

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyh View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Wryn View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Snip
    So you don't think it's possible there are more rift fans there than LotRO or WoW? kinda like this being MMO champ with sections for other games but heavliy leaning to WoW? Place that same poll here lets see the results then.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    It is from Massively a GW2 fansite actually
    GW2 fans that are notorious for hating on wow?
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-08-22 at 01:57 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

So you don't think it's possible there are more rift fans there than LotRO or WoW? kinda like this being MMO champ with sections for other games but heavliy leaning to WoW? Place that same poll here lets see the results then.

GW2 fans that are notorious for hating on wow?
    The opinion is shifted in Rifts favor for two reasons. Trion has a good rep and the expansion is adding a shit ton of stuff people unsubbed over in month 1 of release. Also there was a link on the official website to that poll lol

Other topic. Massively has been a GW2 biased site, since roughly a year ago. There has been no negative article posted about GW2. Ruby Baher a previous writer for them used her position there as a way to pander to ArenaNET while looking for a position as a CM.

They have consistently fanboi'd every aspect of GW2 while not paying attention to any actual negatives and putting a spin on negatives that do appear to turn them into a positive. They did the same thing with SWTOR when they pandered to Bioware for interviews while glaring issues with the game were clearly present.

Now they write one critical article after another on SWTOR because it is now popular to hate on that MMO. Soon enough after popular opinion turns on GW2 like it always does with new releases as people feel slighted by the developer **cough cough Diablo 3 perfect example** they will change the tone of their articles from purely positive to critical and go back to being a mmo new site.

10+ Year Old Account
    The opinion is shifted in Rifts favor for two reasons. Trion has a good rep and the expansion is adding a shit ton of stuff people unsubbed over in month 1 of release. Also there was a link on the official website to that poll lol
    If i'm reading this right trion put a link to it on their site? yeah.. I like rift and trion also but can we say rigged poll?

Me personaly I have nothing against other games. ot each their own I say. If you like GW2 and have fun playing it more power to you. (or whoever is playing whatever game)
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-08-22 at 02:22 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    No it's massively :P if you were still in doubt after the 5 replies you already got.
    Although it's like the instagram of the MMO world, abundant with hipsters.

They also have the wow dedicated site:http://wow.joystiq.com/ - you must have heard of Insider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    No it's massively :P if you were still in doubt after the 5 replies you already got.
    Although it's like the instagram of the MMO world, abundant with hipsters.

They also have the wow dedicated site:http://wow.joystiq.com/ - you must have heard of Insider.
    keep reading the replys after it's a rigged poll.......

And yes I know of WoW insider

If i'm reading this right trion put a link to it on their site? yeah.. I like rift and trion also but can we say rigged poll?

Me personaly I have nothing against other games. ot each their own I say. If you like GW2 and have fun playing it more power to you. (or whoever is playing whatever game)
    It was the Rift players themselves who put a poll. I am not sure if there was a posting on the WoW forums or LOTR forums similar. Massively viewership has always been favorable of Rift even if they never play it. They do have this extreme hard on for GW2 though and F2P games.

Deleted
    TBH it's not that hard to at least get a sense, if not gauge, intereset. At least it's better than fake polls. Google searches on these key words:

Code:
    Keyword mists of pandaria
    Competition Low
    Global Monthly Searches 301,000
    Local Monthly Searches 301,000
    Code:
    Keyword storm legion
    Competition Low
    Global Monthly Searches 3,600
    Local Monthly Searches 3,600
    As compared to, let's say, this:

Code:
    Keyword guild wars 2
    Competition Low
    Global Monthly Searches 2,740,000
    Local Monthly Searches 2,740,000
    *True last one is in fact not an expansion but a new game ad is due to be released this months so there is the added hype to take into account.

Feel free to explain how that poll means anything Slipmat.
    Last edited by mmoc94e579c637; 2012-08-22 at 05:08 PM.

Rift players use bing?

Just kidding.

No one uses bing.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    ROFL, was thinking that no one would say that

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH it's not that hard to at least get a sense, if not gauge, intereset. At least it's better than fake polls. Google searches on these key words:

Code:
    Keyword mists of pandaria
    Competition Low
    Global Monthly Searches 301,000
    Local Monthly Searches 301,000
    Code:
    Keyword storm legion
    Competition Low
    Global Monthly Searches 3,600
    Local Monthly Searches 3,600
    As compared to, let's say, this:

Code:
    Keyword guild wars 2
    Competition Low
    Global Monthly Searches 2,740,000
    Local Monthly Searches 2,740,000
    *True last one is in fact not an expansion but a new game ad is due to be released this months so there is the added hype to take into account.

Would be interested to see searchs for just "rift" "wow" or "world of warcraft" also. As some might use those searchs as a starting point

Other topic. Massively has been a GW2 biased site, since roughly a year ago. There has been no negative article posted about GW2. Ruby Baher a previous writer for them used her position there as a way to pander to ArenaNET while looking for a position as a CM.

They have consistently fanboi'd every aspect of GW2 while not paying attention to any actual negatives and putting a spin on negatives that do appear to turn them into a positive. They did the same thing with SWTOR when they pandered to Bioware for interviews while glaring issues with the game were clearly present.

Now they write one critical article after another on SWTOR because it is now popular to hate on that MMO. Soon enough after popular opinion turns on GW2 like it always does with new releases as people feel slighted by the developer **cough cough Diablo 3 perfect example** they will change the tone of their articles from purely positive to critical and go back to being a mmo new site.
    Massively a GW2 fanboy site? Hardly, last I checked they still have weekly Aion, Rift, AoC, SWToR, FF11, FF14 and DCUO (or maybe it's City of Heroes) articles, along with a slew of news. Do the weekly GW2 articles seem super positive? Yeah sure, but once again it's a WEEKLY article, it's not an in depth look at GW2 each and every day that allows looking at both all the positives and all the negatives of an UNRELEASED game.

why are you guys even arguing about some poll numbers? its not like that poll is gonna magically inflate Rift's sub numbers to WoW proportion or shrink WoW's numbers to Rift proportion.

chill WoW fanbois, you starting to sound like Jay Wilson: "Fuq That Loser!"

10+ Year Old Account
    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png

I posted again because I think this is the answer to the OP's question. Not shut the fuck up, and know that RIFT's numbers have dropped immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post

I posted again because I think this is the answer to the OP's question. Not shut the fuck up, and know that RIFT's numbers have dropped immensely.
    You do realize as Trion is not a publically traded company that site pulled those numbers out of their ass right? My guess is 200k subbed with 50k concurrent subs on any given day actually playing.

If they would drop storm legion on the fucking pts for testing finally they could +1 me to that number along with a epic shit ton of other people

ArenaNET has been releasing information almost constantly for a year and their pre orders alone have probably surpassed 3million sold. We are looking at Storm Legion in maybe December at best? Zero beta testing and the only PR is severely controlled.

The playerbase is about to get decimated by GW2 for easily a month or two and they have not even announced pts testing for Storm Legion on GW2 release date. Atleast Blizzard is trying to buffer their losses from GW2 with a patch. Trion might drop 1.10 which is a concept patch and not content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post

Since Trion dont release sub numbers how did the guy with the crayons make that graph? I assume with the use of a magic 8 ball?