What professions have more heals?

Hi
    I realise that the elementalist in the water tree has more heals and im able to go healer in WvW, its got a big cooldown but its viable.

what are your thoughts on heals and who has more than just the standard?

You can play a guardian with like 7+ heals(or so) available at one time without changing weapons that work on party members and yourself.

Warrior is very viable for a supportive/healing role.

Only in Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluxwave View Post
    Hi
    I realise that the elementalist in the water tree has more heals and im able to go healer in WvW, its got a big cooldown but its viable.

what are your thoughts on heals and who has more than just the standard?
    Ele got a bunch of heals, dispells, a rezz spell, boons, one reflection spell and conditions.

Necro got a bunch of heals, dispells, a 3 person rezz spell, boons and conditions.

Engi got a bunch of heals, dispells, aoe rezz, conditions and boons.

Ranger got some heals (got a longer cooldown on the most but still good), dispells, boons, 2 rezz spells and conditions.

Warrior got a bunch of heals (with a short cooldown), boons, dispells and a big aoe rezz.

Guardian got also a bunch of heals, boons, conditions, reflection spell, a rezz and some dispell spells.

the only two that cant "heal" others like the water elementalist are:

the thief... but he can stealth his allys, protect them with the smoke screen, give them a small reg buffs and his group poison skill is really awesome.

the mesmer.. got much like the others (small reg buff, dispells, aoe rezz spell, reflection spell, boons, conditions, teleports / invisibility) but no direct healing or reg buff. the small reg buff i mentioned is the one from the chaos storm and as we all know this thing is pretty random. there is a trait that makes the illusions to grant reg to nearby allys but in the beta it didnt worked or i have overseen it somehow.

so in the end it just depends on the weapons, support skills and traits YOU choose.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...port-the-best/

I was just reading this. It has information that may help you, take a look
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Any of them except mesmer and theif.

IDK what theif does supportively (I think almost nothing) however mesmer is the boon class, granting boons and such.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't know what Thief does supportively (I think almost nothing); however Mesmer is the boon class, granting boons and such.
    Thief can give AoE stealth (which also heals), share poisons with a trait, blind enemies... Most of their support is in preventing enemy damage and giving conditions that improve the damage of your allies. Thief is probably the profession that is least capable of Support, but the option is still there.
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Thief can give AoE stealth (which also heals), share poisons with a trait, blind enemies... Most of their support is in preventing enemy damage and giving conditions that improve the damage of your allies. Thief is probably the profession that is least capable of Support, but the option is still there.
    The thief is not the least capable of support. In fact thieves are actually primarily used in tPvP teams because of their great viability for support. Typically, it's in the form of venom/condition builds, but there's a few good compassion and stealth builds.

Their direct damage builds are in fact what is subpar to other professions. They have some incredible burst builds, but at the cost of being a quite literal glass cannon, and only being able to do this burst combination once every minute or so. It's comparable to a greatsword/axe warrior, but quite exaggerated. They literally have basically no damage potential or killing power afterwards, while a warrior does. And they have about half the armor as well.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-19 at 11:16 AM.

I stand corrected, then. I was playing around with a build calculator for Thieves (because I enjoy the archetype, but not the playstyle, generally) and they didn't seem to have that much in terms of support. I ended up making a build that focused on blinds, cripples and deceptions, but I can't imagine it to be all that powerful (but I hardly have any have any play experience with Thieves). They do have a very hit-and-run thing going on, like low-health Elementalists.

What profession has the least support-capabilities, according to you?
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

Mesmer > Inspiration > Restorative Mantras (when cast a mantra = aoe heal)
    2600 heal at 80 with the proper gear
    http://el.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/325754190
    (at 1:24:10) :P

Edit: So if a mesmer stop attacking and focus on <<charging>> his mantras 24/7 , he can the best healer even from Elementalist or Guardians (they depent on cds - or players need to stay inside the on-the-ground-healing-circle)
    Still the problem is , that Boss+Players Bursts > Heal
    Last edited by Plzbegentle; 2012-08-19 at 11:53 AM.
    GW2 : Plzbegentle - Ruins of Surmia EU - Sylvari Engineer
    WoW: Vergin - Deathwing EU - Elf Resto Druid (27/05/05 - 02/04/12 Perma-Banned- Unhappy whinning PvP customer - whos begged from 4.1 to get rid of the RNG of Regrowth ... )
    It seems ppl have the energy to whine for a game , for not beeing exactly like their <<main>> game , while it dont have a SUB , and they dont have the courage to whine at their Game Master for slacking and producing few PvE content ...

At first glance, they don't appear supportive. Don't worry, I had the same opinion.

The least supportive in my opinion? It depends on what you're going for, honestly. My answer is mostly on what I'm ignorant of, to be honest. I'd probably say mesmer, though they have in my opinion the strongest elites in the game. Another possibility might be ranger, but I don't think so.

Honestly, I don't think there's an explicit no support class, or a class that's noticeably below others. I can give a better answer after release though.

And keep in mind there's different kinds of support as well. From healing, to utility, control might even be covered, boons, condition manipulation, ect.

A Necromancer, for example, is one of the best professions at dealing with conditions. It's arguably the most focused on that as well. And those that do have some good condition support are primarily in the job of just removing them. The necromancer is much more offensive, and also more selfless.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-19 at 11:37 AM.

Engineer with Med Pack/Healing Turrets and Elixir Gun has massive heals and support capabilities. Additionally, the elixir gun is fun and stylish. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kracket View Post
    Engineer with Med Pack/Healing Turrets and Elixir Gun has massive heals and support capabilities. Additionally, the elixir gun is fun and stylish. :P
    True , true !
    Those ignorant ape-monkeys dont have a single clue !
    Lets not forget the healing bombs + Constantly aoe regen when we change our kits :P
    Last edited by Plzbegentle; 2012-08-19 at 01:56 PM.
    GW2 : Plzbegentle - Ruins of Surmia EU - Sylvari Engineer
    WoW: Vergin - Deathwing EU - Elf Resto Druid (27/05/05 - 02/04/12 Perma-Banned- Unhappy whinning PvP customer - whos begged from 4.1 to get rid of the RNG of Regrowth ... )
    It seems ppl have the energy to whine for a game , for not beeing exactly like their <<main>> game , while it dont have a SUB , and they dont have the courage to whine at their Game Master for slacking and producing few PvE content ...

Seen it mentioned before but a warrior has some really powerful supportive capabilities. A single support warrior can turn the tide of a battle with mass buffs, mass rally and heavy defensive capabilities.
    "Do you know what it's like to fall on the floor, cry your guts out til you got no more? Hey man, now you're really livin'" - Mark Everett

Crucilus Bloodbane - Level 80 Charr Necromancer - Zebra lord of the bank alts
    Esaari - Level 80 Asura Elementalist