Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Guys, you get T-stones for clearing the zones 100% and from the ZQ boxes.

No cash shop needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

No cash shop needed.
    What is this ZQ?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

No cash shop needed.
    But they aren't fine transmutation stones. Also, wats a zq box?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Stone

High-level transmutation stones will be available for purchase through the Gem Store, while lower-level stones will be available through other in-game methods.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-08-20 at 11:19 PM.

The Zaishen boxes you need ZQ keys for? I can't recall the name of them in GW2. But they are Z-keys/chests all the same. Mystic box/Black Lion box thingies. They have a chance to give the fine T-stones. I got like 3.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-20 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    But they aren't fine transmutation stones.
    Oh yes, also that.

A Transmutation Stone is a single use[1] item which allows players to combine two weapons or pieces of armor, gaining a desired aesthetic look from one piece, and a desired set of statistical modifiers from the other. High-level transmutation stones will be available for purchase through the Gem Store, while lower-level stones will be available through other in-game methods.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

No cash shop needed.
    As far as I know, that's only for items before level 80.

Edit: Boo, got scooped.
    Last edited by Sylvanie; 2012-08-20 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Oh yes, also that.
    Not sure if that is accurate or perhaps a beta thing. Though I distinctly remember first seeing the difference between normal t-stones and the fine version through the ZQ boxes.

If it is no longer the case- whatever. Agreed, lame.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-20 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    I didn't say otherwise; my point is that gemstones, one way, or the other, are a big step up in costs from the nominal gold fee in WoW (or the entirely free wardrobe in Rift). You'll either pay for them with real money or with your time. Note that I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but it's not an advantage of GW2 over WoW or Rift; it's one thing where WoW and Rift are more convenient.
    We'll have to wait and see what the in-game exchange rates are for gems but judging by what they cost in beta, I'd say GW2's price in gold for a tranmute stone will represent very little time investment. The stones only cost like 150 gems and that could have been bought for less than 1 gold in beta if memory serves. Personally, I have no problem ponying up U.S. dollars for them. They need cash shop transactions to fund the game after all and there is a value for me in that item.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to remember that gem price will be impacted by market fluctuations. Beta won't accurately reflect such fluctuations.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You have to remember that gem price will be impacted by market fluctuations. Beta won't accurately reflect such fluctuations.
    Yep, I'm well aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    Personally, I have no problem ponying up U.S. dollars for them. They need cash shop transactions to fund the game after all and there is a value for me in that item.
    I don't have any problems paying money for it, either. However, I was responding to a post that said that being able to transmute gear was a benefit of GW2 over other games. As it is right now, the opposite is true, because it's more convenient and accessible in WoW and Rift.

I was not originally going to play Guild Wars 2. I had never played Guild Wars 1 and really didn't know much about it. I had heard many people from my game saying they were going to go to GW2, but I never became interested.

As time passed on though I heard a few things about GW2 that made my ears perk...interesting details and discussions about WvW PvP - a concept that sounded amazing... and something I've never had a chance to do.

I am so pumped about this game. I have been so accustomed to my sad view that "PvP" was queuing for the same, small-scale instanced maps over and over again. While that is fun to me and I don't dislike it, this concept of some new type of PvP is very exhilirating to me... it's hard to find novel experiences in the mmo genre.

Still going to play my other game for now... no idea if GW2 will become my new full time home. But I'm open to the possibility of it becoming so
    Last edited by Shlamorel; 2012-08-21 at 02:39 AM.

I think it's kinda funny that GW2 actually got me to buy GW1, and then I actually ended up kinda liking GW1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Anet say that anything in the Gem shop is also obtainable in game, so therefore only having Transmute stones from the shop would be kind of contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Didn't Anet say that anything in the Gem shop is also obtainable in game, so therefore only having Transmute stones from the shop would be kind of contradictory.
    They didn't say that. They did say that you can use gold to buy gems so theoretically you don't have to spend any real money for anything in the gem store. The transmutation stones can be gotten in game but that only works for levels 1-79. Level 80 stones can only be gotten through the gem store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    They didn't say that. They did say that you can use gold to buy gems so theoretically you don't have to spend any real money for anything in the gem store. The transmutation stones can be gotten in game but that only works for levels 1-79. Level 80 stones can only be gotten through the gem store.
    My bad i meant to say cash shop items that are not appearance items(costumes etc), are in game. My understanding is stones, xp, karma etc and so on which are sold as boosts in the shop are ofc in game, so why would level 80 stones only be available in the shop? Makes no sense to me.

Well FMD

A Transmutation Stone is a single use[1] item which allows players to combine two weapons or pieces of armor, gaining a desired aesthetic look from one piece, and a desired set of statistical modifiers from the other. High-level transmutation stones will be available for purchase through the Gem Store, while lower-level stones will be available through other in-game methods.

Transmutation Stone - 5 for 125 Gem.png, 10 for 225 Gem.png, 25 for 500 Gem.png

One Use. Combine the appearance and attributes of two like items up to level 79 into one custom item.

Fine Transmutation Stone - 5 for 200 Gem.png, 10 for 360 Gem.png, 25 for 800 Gem.png

One Use. Combine the appearance and attributes of two like items. Works on any items.
    I stand corrected, lol, Damn you Anet
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2012-08-21 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Not true. I got at least two of those in the last BWE. I don't recall from what but I did not buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    Not true. I got at least two of those in the last BWE. I don't recall from what but I did not buy them.
    Did you read my full sentence? I suspect not.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2012-08-21 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Well, a big reason is the innovation and how it differs from the typical MMO design. I look at Rift and TOR and I try to find differences between them and WoW. I see GW2 and I try to find similarities.
    But it doesn't really "Innovate" a huge deal. It does a lot of things just better then other MMOs. The whole event system was in Warhammer way back in the day but Arena net did a great job improving it. The story mode is just like in FFXI but again, Anet did a great job conforming it to the player with specific choices in certain areas. The idea of changing gear looks to different stats has been in a lot of MMOs. Dyes have been in a lot too (though only a few have ever gotten this right...I have no idea why it's so hard to let us color every piece)

They have innovated in certain areas as well though, the weapon swapping is an interesting mechanic and neat to try out. Some people might not take to it, some might. I was kind of in the middle during the beta as to how I felt about it honestly.

The fact leveling is an "option" and there aren't any raids is pretty much a deal breaker for me. I don't know if the combat got better either from when I was in beta but just didn't feel "right".

Everything else looks good, just can't justify dropping 60 bucks on it, i'll probably pick it up for lulz when 30 expansions are released and I can buy them all for 19.99