Poll: Wishes

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Exclamation Wish 1 or 2? ;-)

Here's the story...

You're stranded in a desert, no way of knowing how far away or close you are to the nearest civilization that can help you. You have no water, food or any supplies. Just the clothes on your back.. BAM! A miracle happens, you're granted 1 wish, and they're already chosen for you..

Wish 1 - A Cellular Phone, that WILL have service.. Being able to call for help immediately.

Wish 2 - 250 million dollars instantly deposited in your bank account. (Be it whatever currency you have, it will be in the amount of 250 million)

What would you choose? ;-)

Would you bargain your life for riches? Or would you not think twice and choose the Cell Phone?.. Choose Wisely! Help could only be 1 mile away, or thousands.. You just don't know!

EDIT: The Phone you will get if you choose Wish #1 is the iPhone 4S. Siri will basically 99.9% Pin-Point your location and help you.
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2012-09-16 at 08:43 AM.

Deleted
    Wish #2... Then hire a personal medic to follow me, EVERYWHERE i go.

Cell. What use is 250 million dollars if you're dead? Besides, any amount of millions won't make you happy, happiness comes from the inside, not from your wallet.

Deleted
    250million dollar i'm confident in my survival skill's that i'll survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Conestul View Post
    Wish #2... Then hire a personal medic to follow me, EVERYWHERE i go.
    xD. Where would you get your medic? .. you're in the middle of the desert. Would you be able to wander aimlessly to find help? Excited of that fact that when you DO (If! ) You find help you'll be filthy stinkin' rich?

10+ Year Old Account
    id go phone. money is useless when you're dead

Deleted
    Wish #2, worst case Scenario is me dying, and my loved ones are set for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Cell. What use is 250 million dollars if you're dead? Besides, any amount of millions won't make you happy, happiness comes from the inside, not from your wallet.
    In your particular case.. You chose a Cell Phone. You call help, and not even 5 minutes later.. Help arrives.. Saying that they were extremely close to your position, only about 5 minutes away.. And telling you that you were headed in the right direction towards their area. How would you react now?

Thats a hard choice, and not because I want to be rich. If there is a good chance that even with a cell phone help wouldn't get to me in time I would rather have the money so that my family could live a good life when I'm gone. Now if I knew for a fact that I would be saved then I would choose the cell phone.

Deleted
    I'd make sure I have a will stating that anything I have in my bank is given to my family. (prior to going on whatever trip gets me in the desert).
    Then choose wish #2

Without a will? Still wish #2

Someone tell me how to create a Poll? lol. Would like to see these gather up over time!

Awesome question! Id choose the money because who the hell would i know to call when im in the desert rofl? Yeah il call my mom whos in Estonia , what good would that do ???

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    Awesome question! Id choose the money because who the hell would i know to call when im in the desert rofl? Yeah il call my mom whos in Estonia , what good would that do ???
    A Phone that has GUARANTEED SERVICE in the Desert and you wouldn't know who to call for help? o-o.

Deleted
    The closest dessert would be somewhere in Africa in my case, living in the northern part of Europe, who do I call in the middle of a dessert? Just dial 911 and hope for the best?
    And really, what good would money do in the same scenario?

The phone might give me a chance, if but a small one. The money would let my loved ones never again have to work in their lives, but my only chance would be that civilization is close if I want to enjoy those richies.

Hard question! Good one too. What kind of phone is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Create View Post
    The closest dessert would be somewhere in Africa in my case, living in the northern part of Europe, who do I call in the middle of a dessert? Just dial 911 and hope for the best?
    And really, what good would money do in the same scenario?

The phone might give me a chance, if but a small one. The money would let my loved ones never again have to work in their lives, but my only chance would be that civilization is close if I want to enjoy those richies.

Hard question! Good one too. What kind of phone is it?
    iPhone 4S. Siri, at your service! ;-)

250 million, I've live in AZ my whole life and have enough camping/survivalist knowledge to get by.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

250 Million quid, then buy the phone in question. Then proceed to pimp out my house. Like a boss.

Deleted
    Amazing how many people would chose death out of greed.

Though you should put in the OP, that if you die, no relative or anyone gets the money, it was only yours and only if you've have gotten to civilization you could have shared it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-16 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    250 Million quid, then buy the phone in question. Then proceed to pimp out my house. Like a boss.
    Fine wise guy, you're in the desert, who knows how many miles from civ, where do you buy a phone from? Man, it's like people don't even bother to read 3 lines anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    #2, better drink my own piss, realistically 1 though

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Amazing how many people would chose death out of greed.

Though you should put in the OP, that if you die, no relative or anyone gets the money, it was only yours and only if you've have gotten to civilization you could have shared it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-16 at 12:07 PM ----------

Fine wise guy, you're in the desert, who knows how many miles from civ, where do you buy a phone from? Man, it's like people don't even bother to read 3 lines anymore...
    Well, apparently more people will sleep better when they say "250 million, at-least if I die then my relatives will get the money" This is why I said it's immediately deposited in a bank account or something similar. If you do die, then it will be shared.. Although I do think this makes people want to choose Wish #2, seeings as though if they don't get it because of death.. At-least their family will.