10+ Year Old Account

Looking to make gold Pre MoP

I have 16K to spend and no idea what to do to ensure I never sink under 10K again. Currently, I have Engineering and Mining...yeah. Not so fun being poor. I have an alt with Jewelcrafting...and that's the extent of my max level professions.

I used to prospect thousands of elementium & obsidium and make 20-40K daily...but it doesn't work anymore! I want something more stable. Something that will make sure I have enough gold to buy the top enchants whenever I need them, for example.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2012-08-19 at 10:27 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Search for the ore shuffle. It does work, but obviously at the end of the expac it will be less profitable. Research the new shuffle for mop and prepare to do that. It will still be a huge moneymaker.

Doing ore shuffle now, and with 16k to invest, will be futuile, your markets are most likely already controlled by people at goldcap.
    Ore shuffling in MoP will probably still be the most profitable option still tho.

Save your money till 3rd to 4th week of MOP...then start investing it again. What helps me is the remote AH as I can fight the people who are at gold cap very well with checking it on the hour. Why do people gold capped on several toons care about making money still I don't know.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    You were making 20-40k a day and now you only have 16k left? The shuffle is stable, just other people are doing it better. The best use of your time is not in stockpiling but in developing a strategy for mop. Stable means finiding a niche that no one else has found abd then being prepapred to put in the time to make sure your stuff sells.
    There are plenty of posts already on how people will be approaching MOP.

Deleted
    You're a bit late to stockpile gold pre expansion. A lot of people aren't interested in buying gems/enchants/consumables for raiding at this point. Your best bet (in my opinion) is to stock up on leveling mats for people rolling monks/pandaren as well as auctioning all ore/herbs/skins/whatever in the first 3-5 weeks of MOP since the prices will be disgustingly high. Unless you're in a high end progression guild you won't desperately need the best gear immediately.
    Last edited by mmoc24de08f929; 2012-08-19 at 11:42 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been making a killing selling cobalt ore and bars .. for the past week there hasnt hardly been any ore/bars on the AH so I have been farming and selling have made almost 20k so far doing this.
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    You were making 20-40k a day and now you only have 16k left?
    I only have 16K left because a friend tossed 15K at me last night. I've had less than 5K since right before Dragon Soul was released. I didn't even know until reading the responses that what I was doing was called Ore Shuffling. The same friend that gave me 15K told me how to make gold quick; I found some epic BoE gloves, sold them for 13K and wanted to turn that into mucho money, he suggested JC and told me what he did for cash. A while ago he was hacked and there were 12 spectral tigers in his inventory when his items were restored, so he doesn't farm for anything anymore, thus I can't ask him for advice.

I should mention that I'm not opposed to trying other professions if they're going to benefit me big time later on.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2012-08-19 at 06:02 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly just get some gathering professions untill the second or so week of Mists of Pandaria, no point getting set up now for serious gold making this late in the expansion

Save it and sell mats/gear in the first few weeks of MoP, everyone will be looking to get an edge come 90 and they'll usually pay out the ass for it. I made a ton of money when cata hit by selling spellthreads, early cloth epics, bags, and my cloth CDs along with gems when i would farm or get cheap ore. Do the same with what you have, take advantage of the spike in prices with any ore you farm or gems you cut.