Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Differences between Horde and Alliance players

Hello guys, wanted to hear some opinions about this,
    I started the game a few months back in Twisting Nether, been playing horde and have 2 85s one with hc experience. A month ago I got bored from sitting in Orgrimmar waiting for que all the time so I decided to roll an ally alt, I started characters both in Sylvanas eu and Ravencrest eu,

From what I've seen, Alliance players are A LOT more helpful and friendly to each other, at least much more comparing to Horde players on my realm. Just to clarify, when I joined a guild there was 20+ people welcoming me and asking me how i am, or when someone yelled in sw that he won the ragnaros hc mount and he was happy, trade chat became a chatting ground for people conratulating someone they dont know, making a normal conversation about how hard it is to get that mount etc. I'm sure as hell that if that was on Twisting Nether horde, best response he would get would be "lol gratz moron its the end of content roflmao".

Is it just me, that I had a bad luck about random playerbase, or do you think there is a maturity or age difference between a considerable part of the player population of these factions?
    Last edited by madokbro; 2012-08-19 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Both sides have their idiots but I tend to find Alliance a more enjoyable experience as opposed to Horde.

Both factions are guilty of calling out one another for being immature. I guess that pretty much says it. The only difference between factions is purely aesthetic.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Congratulations, you found a realm with better Alliance community than that realms Horde one. Does that have anything do with the faction? Nope, you just have nice people who bring with them their nice friends, and create a friendly atmosphere which then turns into a friendly community. It's just decent people wanting to play with each other and people who like to be assholes being shunned away to other communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance = Ages 1-Infinity
    Horde = Ages 1-Infinity

Welcome to the same thing. You are going to find the same thing on either side. For instance, Stormrage has a 0.06:1 Alliance to Horde ratio. So obviously you are going to find that the Alliance have differences in their temperaments. But this goes for any server, any faction and any MMO.

Deleted
    I think it vastly depends on the server no matter what you play. Probably on an low pop server, ppl will be colder than on a high pop server.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're the same really. People implant these stereotypes in their head and only see what they feel they should see, such as ignoring an action or remembering an action based upon the presumption you made earlier about that factions players.

The problem is that these things can vary from server to server, time to time and guild to guild.
    I'm currently in a large social guild on both my Alliance and Horde toons until I find a raiding guild for MoP, both average 40+ members online at any moment and yet I find the Alliance one significantly more social and ready help new players who may ask for help. While it would have been easy for me to assume this was because of something as simple as a Faction, I knew it wasn't because of that.

It's a roll of the dice really. The problem is that some people get unlucky with who they meet, apply it to everyone then roll the other faction with the assumption it's better and because of it find it better and don't give the other faction a second chance.

There are few genuine differing facts about each Faction. The most obvious is that the Alliance have more PvE'ers and there isn't really a reason why this should be the case except it is (Alliance PvP queue's are far shorter than Horde ones which indicates less PvP'ers for Alliance, PvE realms often have an Alliance majority as well). The real hardcore players typically are Horde due to racials.

TL;DR - They're the same, what you feel towards one faction is the result of luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Hello guys, wanted to hear some opinions about this,
    I started the game a few months back in Twisting Nether, been playing horde and have 2 85s one with hc experience. A month ago I got bored from sitting in Orgrimmar waiting for que all the time so I decided to roll an ally alt, I started characters both in Sylvanas eu and Ravencrest eu,

From what I've seen, Alliance players are A LOT more helpful and friendly to each other, at least much more comparing to Horde players on my realm. Just to clarify, when I joined a guild there was 20+ people welcoming me and asking me how i am, or when someone yelled in sw that he won the ragnaros hc mount and he was happy, trade chat became a chatting ground for people conratulating someone they dont know, making a normal conversation about how hard it is to get that mount etc. I'm sure as hell that if that was on Twisting Nether horde, best response he would get would be "lol gratz moron its the end of content roflmao".

Is it just me, that I had a bad luck about random playerbase, or do you think there is a maturity or age difference between a considerable part of the player population of these factions?
    At first, let me point out the main thing... Population.

Twisting Nether EU - 14,644 Alliance 109,375 Horde
    Sylvanas EU - 131,350 Alliance 70,511 Horde
    Ravencrest EU - 147,682 Alliance 48,450 Horde

Concluding from that, one is safe to say, the more people the higher the possibility to have idiots and community trolls amongst them.
    From what I see, all 3 realms are PVP realms. By my own experience, PVP realms seem to be a little more rough, than PVE realms.
    So now you say Alliance side appears to you more helpful, and if I'm correct you suspect an age difference to play a role in it.
    As for myself, I can agree with your experience. Throughout the years of playing the game, I've been trying a variety of realms. And I made the same observations, had very similar experiences.
    My game emphasis is completely leveled out. I play both factions equally intensive.
    Started on Alliance side in Vanilla, and played them exclusively through BC and up to TOC release in Wrath. Those two Horde toons I had for cross-faction trade reasons don't really count. Then family members dragged me to horde side, which I always wanted to play anyway, since I love to play the WHOLE game, and not missing out on those approx. 30% Horde only content. I had 4 level 80s on Alliance side, when I switched. Two of them I transferred. Until about 3 month ago, I had 8 level 85s on horde side. All of them proper maintained on both specs with at least 378 ilevel spec equipped.
    From those numbers it's clear I spent my time within the factions.
    Yet I always took a break here and there, and jumped on Ally side. That for one reason only. The social aspect.
    It doesn't matter what realm I play, on ally side it's always a little more civil and friendly there... Age, yes.. I do believe that too. I've met a lot more adults 30+ and even 40+ on alliance side.
    Maybe it has a little bit to do with the false assumption a new player has in the beginning. Alliance (including Humans, Dwarfs and Elfs) gets assciated with the good guys. Horde (with Orcs, Trolls and now Goblins) gets assciated with the bad guys..
    Now maybe teenies, and or even older ones, who falsely interpret it like that, think "hey, I always have to behave, and be good at home, here's my chance to be a bad guy"...
    Maybe that plays into it. I really don't know. But there is for sure a difference in social behavior between the factions..

The numbers above are taken from http://wow.realmpop.com/
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-08-19 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Horde races the most, but I tend to find a nicer community in the Alliance.

Overall, the Alliance has more adults, and more skilled players. This makes it easier to find a better community on the Alliance

That said, there are both good and bad communities on both factions, depending on which server you're on
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    The Difference, is that one is named Horde, one is named Alliance.

However, like stated each has their bonuses and flaws. I've played Horde for probably 2 years now, and it's only recent I went Alliance. I will happily admit, the Horde has been a better experience, due to the nature of the people on my old server. My guild particularly were the greatest group of people I've ever met, they weren't children, but more mature adults.

Now, the Alliance, are full of cocky inconsiderate 10 year olds, who rage in trade chat. (Kel'thuzad at least.) There are some nice people out there, I just haven't met them through the large amount of e-peen rage quitters that flood the street of Stormwind.

Every server, and every faction is different, its because of those people. All can be nice, all can be crude, and there are both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both sides are the same... it varies by server which side is more immature though.

@Yumisara: didn't see your post there you pretty much said what I meant in a much better way sorry for throwing the same words out there xD
    Last edited by welcome2life; 2012-08-19 at 03:31 PM.

My experience is that Horde are usually 15-25 y.o. douchebags. But they are way more effective at team play.

And that Alliance is 5-15 or 25-55 y.o. nice people. And they prefer to play solo (even when they should be working together).

Having played both sides, I can chime in. Both sides have idiots, both sides have good players, both sides go through periods of dominance and periods of mass failure, both sides sometimes claim to be superior while the other side has nothing but idiots, both sides sometimes whine about having all the idiots in their faction and the other being better. Almost everything is exactly the same. The only difference I have ever really noticed is that Alliance tends to have a lot more healers than Horde, which sucks for my Horde battleground experience sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Having played both sides, I can chime in. Both sides have idiots, both sides have good players, both sides go through periods of dominance and periods of mass failure, both sides sometimes claim to be superior while the other side has nothing but idiots, both sides sometimes whine about having all the idiots in their faction and the other being better. Almost everything is exactly the same. The only difference I have ever really noticed is that Alliance tends to have a lot more healers than Horde, which sucks for my Horde battleground experience sometimes.
    Funny, because I find the healer situation to be exact opposite. There's usually at least three healers in every random BG I join as Horde, while on my Alliance shaman I'm usually the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephilia View Post
    Funny, because I find the healer situation to be exact opposite. There's usually at least three healers in every random BG I join as Horde, while on my Alliance shaman I'm usually the only one.
    I have a Horde and Alliance toon I PvP with (Along with numerous ones for PvE ) and I can say it happens all the time on both sides. I've also found if you play a healer then your team is either loaded with them, or the DPS are awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's down to personal experience I suppose. I've met great people and complete pissants on both sides of the faction board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of people have accounts on both so its pretty much the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslemoff View Post
    Both sides have their idiots but I tend to find Alliance a more enjoyable experience as opposed to Horde.
    Agreed.

Horde gets boring, fast, in my opinion. I was Horde in Wrath back from like a couple months into Icecrown Citadel until just before Ruby Sanctum came out. I went back Alliance not long after. Enjoyed it so much more. 25 Heroic Lich King killed my server. He is still alive to this day. (Not counting those who go back at 85 and do it) During Firelands, I lost my spot in my guild because of people and their dumb connections, I was clearly a better healer than this Priest and the Priest was taken instead of me, I was stuck in group 2. Which was like 1/7 regular Firelands when group 1 was 6/7. My old guild who I raided with multiple times in Wrath transferred to Horde on a high pop server, I was offered 3 free server and faction changes for my main and two alts of my choice to go and heal for their group.

This happened about, last September I think. Whenever Firelands was current content. I quit playing back in Mayish and now I can't stand being Horde, I want to go back Alliance so bad but I don't have the money to do all 5 toons, and I also have no clue what server would be good to go to.

I liked Horde at first, now I hate it and really wish I stayed Alliance. Horde gets boring so quick and Alliance never has in all of the 5 years I played it.

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama