Deleted

Question FPS Issues: Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

Hey guys, I just wanna ask if there is really something on my end or it is Bioware's end when it comes to FPS Drops.

Here are my specs:

Phenom II X4 965BE @ 3.74GHz
    Sapphire HD6790 1GB GDDR5
    2x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 4GBXH @ 1333MHz
    Asrock 970 Extreme 3
    Seasonic 500w PSU
    500GB WD Caviar Blue Sata II

20" LED Samsung Monitor @ 1600x900 Resolution 60Hz

I think I met the recommended system requirements but sometimes I really get stutters and sudden FPS Drops.

Any information will be highly appreciated.

to a certain degree thats normal, especially in crowded areas.
    swtors engine is its biggest fault, by far

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    to a certain degree thats normal, especially in crowded areas.
    swtors engine is its biggest fault, by far
    one weird thing though, when my camera view is above my character and not showing the distance, it increases to 60-70 FPS, but when i change the angle to a farther view of the plains, it drops drastically to 20-30ish.

doesnt seem weird to me, the more objects on screen the lower the fps
    Last edited by moff; 2012-08-19 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryx1968 View Post
    one weird thing though, when my camera view is above my character and not showing the distance, it increases to 60-70 FPS, but when i change the angle to a farther view of the plains, it drops drastically to 20-30ish.
    You've much to learn on how computers work...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    When do you experience the frame rate drops? On the fleet or out in the world, or both?

If it's on the Fleet, you can go into the video setting and turn down the number of characters that will be drawn in a given area. If out in the world you can do a number of things from turning down the detail sliders of the grass and trees to cutting back on the draw distance. Also one of the big graphics killers is the detailed shadows turn them off, yes they look pretty but they are a resource hog and totally unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do your graphic settings default to? With a set up like yours it probably defaults to high for just about everything. If so, the two things I would recommend turning down if you are having fps issues is Number Of Characters Displayed option. When the fleet gets crowded this can cause any machine to choke a bit.

If outdoors and your seeing this then I would turn down shadow details. Characters Displayed usually won't factor in to much here, unless your doing open world pvp and people actually show up en mass.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer