Poll: Most balanced MOBA iyo

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Ask pro-top-teams or just check bans on championships. There are no game breaking or overpowered champions i LoL. Every champion can be countered. Some mixture of champions is great and some totally sux. Champions are only as strong as the player is.

And seriosly ? U added DotA 2 ? It is even out yet......
    Last edited by mmocb3b641b05e; 2012-08-23 at 08:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    I think LOL is the most balanced one.
    If you don't mind me asking, what's your experience with HoN and DotA?

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 9Royalwolf6 View Post
    Ask pro-top-teams or just check bans on championships. There are no game breaking or overpowered champions i LoL. Every champion can be countered. Some mixture of champions is great and some totally sux. Champions are only as strong as the player is.

Considering they've had several tournaments already...

Quote Originally Posted by 9Royalwolf6 View Post

Dota/Dota2 are direct translations... so people just think of the balance of dota and apply it to what dota2 will be.
    Last edited by Syroco; 2012-08-24 at 01:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what's your experience with HoN and DotA?

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 11:21 AM ----------

Considering they've had several tournaments already...
    Also, This and That and Dut and Dot. That is, if we only count the LAN events. There's numerous online events too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Always the best way to ensure good results from a poll :x
    I'm feeling you here Lysah.
    Sigh.

LoL just has more people playing, so it gets more votes, when they don't know sheet.

OT: DoTA2 is more balanced.
    The stats from DoTA1 were taken from it, and brought to 2.
    Sure people may QQ because they get pubstomped by here's such as PA and TA, but they are counterable if you use smarts.

LoL is pretty balanced. It has champions that dominate pubs, but are counterable with enough skill.
    There is a huge champion difficulty different between champions. The more recent ones are stronger that the older ones, but if it's that drastic Riot do end up hotfixing it after a month.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

LoL by a mile.

just spent the last few months playing and watching DotA2 games and that game is less balanced than LoL. Sure if someone gets fed then you're pretty much a killing machine but in DotA2 you become almost unkillable. It also has to do with the abilities items give you in DotA2. In lol they are more stat multiplers, in DotA2 they are stats plus new abilties. blink dagger, force staff etc.

Lycan, broodmother, chen, evoker are normally insta bans in pro matches and you will hardly see 70% of the other champs ever being used. why? because of the balance.

DotA2 has more depth, looks amazing, has more customisation with items.
    LoL has great balance, and is very playable.

Also I find the DotA2 community to be a bit toxic, the amount of rage I see ingame is crazy. I'm almost predicting for one to jump down my throat because of this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    LoL by a mile.

just spent the last few months playing and watching DotA2 games and that game is less balanced than LoL. Sure if someone gets fed then you're pretty much a killing machine but in DotA2 you become almost unkillable. It also has to do with the abilities items give you in DotA2. In lol they are more stat multiplers, in DotA2 they are stats plus new abilties. blink dagger, force staff etc.

Lycan, broodmother, chen, evoker are normally insta bans in pro matches and you will hardly see 70% of the other champs ever being used. why? because of the balance.

DotA2 has more depth, looks amazing, has more customisation with items.
    LoL has great balance, and is very playable.

Also I find the DotA2 community to be a bit toxic, the amount of rage I see ingame is crazy. I'm almost predicting for one to jump down my throat because of this post.
    The community thing is just MOBA games in general. You're generally stuck in game with 4 other people for 30-45 minutes with no way out, and if you bail out, you get punished automatically for it. It breeds contempt and frustration.

LoL's surrender option isn't really ideal, though, because then people just afk in the fountain at 10 minutes and spam it until either the game ends or the surrender vote finally passes because their team didn't get first blood.

EDIT: Dota is better balanced than LoL, but remember that Dota 2 is still missing a large portion of the heroes in the original game. It'd be more accurate to look at War3 Dota matches for balance information, not Dota 2.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-24 at 04:41 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Might I remind everyone to stop looking at what the professional players do to find the meta game.

Realize this, these people aren't playing for fun. They aren't trying new strategies because it's interesting, they aren't going with a new lineup because it might work better. They have money on the line, and they will play to win. This means taking zero chances that could end up poorly. This means looking at that game X team lost a few weeks ago and looking at the enemy lineup to see what they picked that shut X down so hard. At the end of the day, the pro scene is probably the LEAST adaptable group of players in the game. They will continue to pick Invoker because he's been damn strong in tournaments. Until someone is brave enough to try a new lineup with a hero like Necrolyte and completely dominates an Invoker team, the pros will continue to pick Invoker and ignore Necrolyte. Because it works, it has worked and it will continue to work as long as everyone plays the same.

The pro scene is not a good comparison, they intentionally pick from a small pool of heroes because they are using strategies they know work. Because they want to win, because they want the prize money.

As I have said previously and will say again, if you look at DotA's history almost every single hero was very popular in tournament play at some point. Most of them haven't changed since then. Tiny, for example, was picked almost every single game in the past. Now he isn't picked at all. What changed? Actually, he got better since those days, his ultimate improves his toss damage more and he got a scepter since then. Tiny only got BETTER, but he still isn't picked because he's not one of the heroes the pros know "works."

Some heroes are weaker than others, Necro comes to mind for me. We had a discussion in the Dota 2 thread a while back on this hero because he just doesn't fit into the game right now. He appears to be a support at first glance, but his high mana cost/average-weak spells combined with a tiny health and mana pool combined with zero starting armor make him one of the easiest to crush heroes in the game. Trying to support with him will just get you killed repeatedly. Necrolyte needs items, and with the exact same stats was a top pick in the past for being near impossible to stop once fed. Nothing has changed, the issue in Dota 2 is that other heroes are picked for mid, the lane Necrolyte completely needs. Does this make Necrolyte a weak hero? Not really, it just means you will never be a part of a team that can accommodate him right now.

tl;dr
    Neither looking at what the pros do nor looking at hero picks over a short time frame are a good indicator of game balance.

As someone who has been playing since DotA's creation, I can safely say this game is more balanced than any in the past. If you want I can explain a number of heroes, like Wolf, who's abilities you would never dream were added into a final release. Currently, the only ability I consider too strong is morph, and otherwise, I don't consider any hero particularly too weak.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-08-24 at 02:39 PM.

Hoping to get a hundred or so more votes.

Dota 2.

The fact that LoL is still up there is because there's so many LoL players, voting for their game, unfortuanely.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Deleted
    To me, the runes and passive summoner abilities are so incredibly uncalled for and only cause to create imbalance in LoL. Granted i've only played 10 or so matches of LoL but it felt so frustrating to know that "Yes, that guy fucked up, but he is going to get away because he had a cooldown i did not have" - things like that DO NOT belong in a DotA game, or even RTS.

The main problem in HoN, i don't know what the case is in other MOBA's is stuns: while they are "fine" most of the time, S2 has started basically adding stuns to EVERYTHING. "This new hero is missing a 2nd skill - meh, just give him an AoE stun". I'd say 7/10 deaths, the reason you died was because you got into a stunlock that you have NO chance to defend yourself against because stuns are either targeted or easy to land. HoN seriously needs diminishing returns but i don't think it will ever happen.