Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Changing "surrender"?

So, as someone who primarily plays 3v3, I get frustrated a tremendous amount by "surrender".
    What i'm talking about is people just giving up and surrendering at 15 minutes(20 for summoners rift).
    You will rarely have a game that goes "all the way".

I would say out of the 80 games or so i've played so far, only maybe 10 have actually ended via the nexus being destroyed. And only one has gone on to "late game"(40+ minutes).
    It seems that most people are impatient/IP Whores and will just surrender if they're not winning at the 15 minute mark.

Am I alone in thinking that they really should change it so that you can only surrender if you're a team member down.(left the game or been stood in base/fountain for x number of minutes)?
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2012-08-19 at 04:34 PM.

I prefer longer games, but at the same time if its pretty obvious we have no chance of winning, why waste a possible extra 25 mins when you could play a new game?

Thats what my opinion is anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I prefer longer games, but at the same time if its pretty obvious we have no chance of winning, why waste a possible extra 25 mins when you could play a new game?

Thats what my opinion is anyway
    QFT. This is also my response.

Deleted
    Right, I can see where you're coming from, and I agree. If it tends to snowball in one way, then yeah I agree you should be able to
    It needs some sort of restriction though tbh(maybe if you're down 20+team kills, then surrender unlocks?)
    Just feels like people are joining games, playing until 10 minutes, and if they're not winning they'll feed for the next 5 minutes and then just ask the team to surrender at 15 =/
    Maybe i'm just getting unlucky with trolls.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2012-08-19 at 04:56 PM.

Think you're unlucky with trolls. Although after a certain point, with max farm, it seems like any advantage one way merits a surrender, especially in blind pick.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

If you only play 3v3s then never hit yes and you never surrender. I don't see the problem with the current system.

League has a pretty heavy snowball effect which results in a lot of people resorting to early surrenders instead of seeing if the team survives into late game where their carries can finish builds and equalize the advantage.

If the opponent surrenders then it's still a W for me. If my team surrenders then it's probably a good thing as well because they aren't confident enough to push it into late game. At least it's not like some MOBA games where there's practically no punishment for just leaving the game instead of initiating a surrender.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won too many (and lost, unfortunately) games late on where you got that one won team fight to consider surrendering.

Deleted
    It's 'surrend', that's how French spell it.
    J/K, it's annoying when you get 4/1 surrender when winning the game though. ( or when you are able to successfully finish it )
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2012-08-19 at 09:19 PM.

Even more annoying is when your team are relegated to camping base for 20 minutes because they fed the enemy team hard at the start of the game, and they refuse to surrender, dragging the game out for 40 minutes of defense and getting farmed.

I like the option to surrender when a game is just being dragged out, and your team are unable to win due to a skill gap or similar.

Deleted
    Imo they should just remove the surrender option alltogether, like in dota. If you get stomped hard it should motivate you to get better, so you dont get stomped again. Instead of just surrending 20 and never getting better.

I also hate it when your team is behind 5 kills and 1 tower and whole team has already given up. I mean, 5 kills, thats too much. Theres no way you will ever catch up to them, right? Its not like you only need to win 1 teamfight lategame and you win the game. Better surrender 20.
    Last edited by mmoc614b31b9c1; 2012-08-20 at 05:49 PM.

I normally never surrender unless it's an obvious defeat where you simply can't recover from the amount of fail your team has had to endure so far.

30 minutes.

That's what companies have figured out as the average amount of time the average gamer wants to spend on something, be it the game in a day or at a time. They make up over half of the revenue for most games. They're the target audience now.

I see what you're saying, but to MOST people, an efficient loss beats even an inefficient win.
    Last edited by formerblizzemployee; 2012-08-20 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Imo they should just remove the surrender option alltogether, like in dota. If you get stomped hard it should motivate you to get better, so you dont get stomped again. Instead of just surrending 20 and never getting better.
    Thats also why there was a serious problem with ragequiting in dota. Removing surrender is a terrible idea.

The only practical thing they could (Day late edit: "That I could think of" derp) do to surrenders is the rare occasion you get a feeder who AFKs in base all butthurt over losing his lane and spams /ff. Take it away from them somehow or make the number of Surrenders trackable for an easy ban later if they get reported!

Can't really think why any other votes aren't at least somewhat valid. (Heck, I like long games in general, so if I play a game with people who specifically call their lane and feed hard I have no problem with voting "No" in Surrenders just because I don't think I want anybody else to have to play with those people.)
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2012-08-21 at 04:20 PM.

Personally, I think the surrender option should be available earlier, at least on Summoner's Rift. I've lost count of the times when it's become 3v5 early in the game, making it impossible to win, but having to wait another 15+ mins before you can end it.

There are so many trolls now adays surrendering is sometimes the best way out. Shorten it IMO.

Deleted
    I have an idea...
    Make is so that both teams need to agree that they should surrender requiring a minimum of 7 votes for the surrender and maximum 3 against...

There's no point in fighting a losing battle. I'd rather give up and surrender rather than pro-longing the inevitable. Having to spend 25 minutes extra being trolled by the other team in your base is not fun. If my team refuses to surrender even though we've clearly lost (40 kills behind) I just alt tab and do something else, occasionally alt tabbing back to see if its over.

What's even more annoying? Being matched against a full team of 30's while you have 3 sub level 10's on your team who feed from the word go. As soon as I see that first blood against our level 6 Master Yi I knows its already over. Fix it Riot!

Deleted
    Well while i do agree on inevetable losses and painful moment where you are doing great while your team feed them like heck and then they are so strong that you get oneshot if get anyway near them... Well those times with people with no idea of how to play, well that is where i have to surrender, but on the other hand i also know how annoying it is when you start doing well you play a great game and as it all is just about to begin for real the game is over due to their surrender...

Both annoying.

After watching Dreamhack where CLG made a comeback from a 30k gold difference i tend to never give up, outplaying them even tho you are damn weak compared to them can be done... Backdoor AD TF + Shen and Pantheon? Well you can do stuff...